Hit piece on the NRA (...but you better read this one)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    If this is to be believed, the NRA is paying over $40 Million per year to _one_ public relations company - while playing a shell-game to disguise the true magnitude of the amount being spent there.

Stop and think about that for a minute; then consider the following:

...several NRA officials have conflicts of interest with that outside firm (read: have compromising arrangements with them, and have the authority to steer more money that way), to the extent that it possibly exposes NRA to the loss of its non-profit status (ie, the officers are actually operating what could amount to a for-profit corporation, as a result of the above arrangements and the role of the compromised individuals in it).

If you're in the camp who thinks the NRA is effective - so therefore, meh - what would happen to that effectiveness if NRA lost their nonprofit status?

I mean, it isn't like there aren't people out there gunning for them. And in a world with secret FISA warrants, and efforts being made to create a "Russia connection" to the NRA, two years and a change in the name on the White House door could make a big difference.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I see no suggestions only ********.

I do not have any suggestions. I have been wroth with NRA at times quit once and have decided that since it is still the most high profile group, I'll just ride it out.

I do not switch Churches because I disagree with something preached. So long as the Church is on the right path as long as they are not heretical I stay with them.

I have been married for 36 years, and if you think I've never had a disagreement with my wife you are crazy.

I have what you call stick to it iveness.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I see no suggestions only ********.

I do not have any suggestions. I have been wroth with NRA at times quit once and have decided that since it is still the most high profile group, I'll just ride it out.

I do not switch Churches because I disagree with something preached. So long as the Church is on the right path as long as they are not heretical I stay with them.

I have been married for 36 years, and if you think I've never had a disagreement with my wife you are crazy.

I have what you call stick to it iveness.

Fire Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox, get rid of the bottomless money pit the is Ackerman McQueen and actually give some modicum of power back to the Board members and stop paying people like Colion Noir and Dana whatever her last name is millions of dollars to scare people into donating . I would be 100% aboard the NRA train , also the NRA needs to stop compromising (see bump stock ban and the 86 machine gun ban)

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I'm not well enough versed to voice my opinion. I am merely absorbing and learning. That being said, I've noticed that there is a lot of negative feelings towards the nra. Whether you're pro or against them. At what point would you consider taking one of?the newcomers more seriously,i.e. goa, fccp

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'm not well enough versed to voice my opinion. I am merely absorbing and learning. That being said, I've noticed that there is a lot of negative feelings towards the nra. Whether you're pro or against them. At what point would you consider taking one of?the newcomers more seriously,i.e. goa, fccp

My take as a lifetime member of the Nra is to also contribute when i can to other 2a foundations. Spread the money around when you can. Vote where possible to try and make a difference, as is my case with the Nra.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    My take as a lifetime member of the Nra is to also contribute when i can to other 2a foundations. Spread the money around when you can. Vote where possible to try and make a difference, as is my case with the Nra.

:yesway: I try to support as much as I can, with who I can. I just want to know what little money I can send their way is getting put to good use.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

JUST NOT THE NAGR. DUDLEY CAN GO [redacted because I dont want banninated]. That is a group that has repeatedly demonstrated that they work both sides to perpetuate the struggle for the sole purpose of money making. I have seen personally on multiple occasions where things are progressing along just fine in the lawmaking progress, and then quite literally as soon as they take notice and get involved in the process, curiously the fight is no longer strong and suddenly what was a good law, making good progress, mysteriously something comes up and it falters at the last minute. I saw it in Colorado, and most recently here in IN. To me Dudley understands that if he fixes all the problems he is out of a job/fundraising opportunity. But if he can somehow LOOK like he is doing good, while at the same time harming progress, he can use that to fund raise.

After all, if the law passes and we get a new gun right, he no longer has that leg to stand on to ask those constituents for more money. However if he somehow is able to look like he is helping while at the same time hindering the process and scuttling the proposed legislation, he can then turn around and scream about how it failed and that is yet another reason why we need to join them and send them more money so that this travesty doesnt happen again!

He reminds me of an unscrupulous tradesman that comes in to "fix" something, and while he is there sabotaging something else. And of course shortly after his last visit, that something else in the system has mysteriously malfunctioned so he has to swoop in and bill for another repair. Lather, rinse, repeat.

(Just google " dudley nagr" and you will find numerous stories about his antics. )

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Fire Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox, get rid of the bottomless money pit the is Ackerman McQueen and actually give some modicum of power back to the Board members and stop paying people like Colion Noir and Dana whatever her last name is millions of dollars to scare people into donating . I would be 100% aboard the NRA train , also the NRA needs to stop compromising (see bump stock ban and the 86 machine gun ban)

Hey, hey, OK! Let's gut the NRA!

:hooked: You have gone hook line and sinker with our enemies and you do not even realize it. Do you really believe that the anti-gun crowd wants the NRA to become a lean effective organization? You have to be either complicit or useful to fall in line with them.

Is the NRA perfect? NO
    Could the NRA use some change? Probably
    Do I know exactly how to go about doing it? NO

Do I lend any credence ti the anti-gun crowd? HELL NO!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I would give LaPierre the shove, I think he's been a singularly ineffective leader. And I don't think trying to become the $$$ = lobbying powerhouse that our enemies accuse us of being is such a good idea, either

The lobbying strength of the NRA and other pro-gun groups has been delivering votes, not cash. To lose sight of the membership and the mission is to become a bit player in Washington. Feet of clay

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The lure of all that money that good people send in can lead people to do some pretty remarkable things.

Assuming the truth of the report (which may be dangerous) the NRA needs a house cleaning.

Unfortunately, enrichening oneself through a non-profit is all too common....and they salve their consciences by convincing themselves that they good they do means they deserve it. Of course, this ignores that just as much good can be done with a really good salary that is not outlandish.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hey, hey, OK! Let's gut the NRA!

:hooked: You have gone hook line and sinker with our enemies and you do not even realize it. Do you really believe that the anti-gun crowd wants the NRA to become a lean effective organization? You have to be either complicit or useful to fall in line with them.

Is the NRA perfect? NO
    Could the NRA use some change? Probably
    Do I know exactly how to go about doing it? NO

Do I lend any credence ti the anti-gun crowd? HELL NO!

Wait. THAT’s gutting the NRA? :rolleyes:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would give LaPierre the shove, I think he's been a singularly ineffective leader. And I don't think trying to become the $$$ = lobbying powerhouse that our enemies accuse us of being is such a good idea, either

The lobbying strength of the NRA and other pro-gun groups has been delivering votes, not cash. To lose sight of the membership and the mission is to become a bit player in Washington. Feet of clay
    I think at the Minimum LaPierre has to go.

flylo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2017
    decatur
    I've been a member of the NRa for a long time 40+ years until they screwed me over for the 3rd time. I bought both my sons life memberships but I'm done & have gone with GOA who don't waste a dime. I don't want to be in a wine club or all the other things the NRA. The NRA wastes tons of money & isn't very effective.

Top Bottom