Hit piece on the NRA (...but you better read this one)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've been a member of the NRa for a long time 40+ years until they screwed me over for the 3rd time. I bought both my sons life memberships but I'm done & have gone with GOA who don't waste a dime. I don't want to be in a wine club or all the other things the NRA. The NRA wastes tons of money & isn't very effective.

Welcome to INGO!

You might want to introduce yourself over here.

If nothing else, you may want to explain what you mean by, "screwed me over for the 3rd time."

IMHO, the NRA has done the opposite of that more times than we know. There are battles won by the NRA we don't even know about...

As for the wine club, yeah, it's dumb, but the NRA gets money for letting that third party throw all those stupid ads at us. It doesn't cost the NRA anything. And can we in Indiana be part of a wine club? :dunno:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    If they retract their statements about "enforcing" gun control and start talking about repealing 18usc922 then I will consider supporting them.

I see that as a pretty non-negotiable principle.

If you all can stomach their support for gun control, then that's on your conscience, not mine.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've been a member of the NRa for a long time 40+ years until they screwed me over for the 3rd time. I bought both my sons life memberships but I'm done & have gone with GOA who don't waste a dime. I don't want to be in a wine club or all the other things the NRA. The NRA wastes tons of money & isn't very effective.

Wastes money yes. I wouldn’t say they aren’t very effective. The rating of politicians is probably their most effective tool.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It looks like that 40 year member isn't coming back.

He'll see something in the classies in a year or two and start running.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I’m not all that fond of Oliver North either.

I knew Major North back I the early 80s, I was a Marine in Central America (read: Iran/Contra scam/illegal war)
    I wouldn't trust him with a potato gun, a nickel of my money, my dog or chewing gum & walking.

He was a CIA bag man while still in a Marine uniform that no one trusted even if they could keep an eye on him...

Apparently his career didn't work out as a used car salesman, like his political bids & talk show didn't work out.

Keep in mind he's a convicted felon, what a role model for the NRA, another pooch screw by the NRA...

He was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Gerhard Gesell on July 5, 1989, to a three-year suspended prison term, two years probation, $150,000 in fines, and 1,200 hours of community service.
    He got last minute pardon from George HW Bush in 1991, everyone involved in Iran/Contra did.

He killed a class mate drunken driving while in the Naval Academy,
    His Viet Nam unit had one of the highest casulity rates, he got awards out the wazoo while he got his Marines killed.
    His nickname was 'Bunker Baby' since his troops
    rarely saw him.

What no Marine will ever forget, he is the officer that denied extra security requests for the Marine barracks in Lebanon, then got appointed to track down the group responsible, and failed at that too.

Last edited:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    And can we in Indiana be part of a wine club? :dunno:

Of course we can!

(There are restrictions on mail-order alcohol in Indiana, sure, but I always think it's ridiculous to use the term "club" for a mail-order system where you never meet or interact with other "members" anyway.)

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

@-yo profile and this is the first post? Riiight...

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    So who's right? Wayne or Ollie? I don't know what's going on at the top but some sunlight seems to be in order.

"LaPierre sent a letter to board members Thursday saying that North was trying to push him out by threatening to release “damaging” information about him to the board."

North no longer has any reason to keep secret whatever information he has, so I assume we won't have to wait long to find out.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So who's right? Wayne or Ollie? I don't know what's going on at the top but some sunlight seems to be in order.
    Well. I don’t know who is right, or even that it’s an either/or question. I look at it more as one down. At least one to go.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I knew Major North back I the early 80s, I was a Marine in Central America (read: Iran/Contra scam/illegal war)
    I wouldn't trust him with a potato gun, a nickel of my money, my dog or chewing gum & walking.

He was a CIA bag man while still in a Marine uniform that no one trusted even if they could keep an eye on him...

Apparently his career didn't work out as a used car salesman, like his political bids & talk show didn't work out.

Keep in mind he's a convicted felon, what a role model for the NRA, another pooch screw by the NRA...

He was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Gerhard Gesell on July 5, 1989, to a three-year suspended prison term, two years probation, $150,000 in fines, and 1,200 hours of community service.
    He got last minute pardon from George HW Bush in 1991, everyone involved in Iran/Contra did.

He killed a class mate drunken driving while in the Naval Academy,
    His Viet Nam unit had one of the highest casulity rates, he got awards out the wazoo while he got his Marines killed.
    His nickname was 'Bunker Baby' since his troops
    rarely saw him.

What no Marine will ever forget, he is the officer that denied extra security requests for the Marine barracks in Lebanon, then got appointed to track down the group responsible, and failed at that too.
    I think most of the contents of your posts are worth as much per pound as my dogs poop

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I suppose Ollie North is a hero?

While I admit there is a great deal I don't know, here; it appears Mr North was meant to be the bloodsucking mouth of the lamprey that is Ackerman-McQueen - his function seeming to be doing all possible to allow it to stay attached to the NRA while himself deriving nourishment ($$$) from the larger stream. He should be run out of town on a rail, thirty pieces of silver as severance optional

Two things intrigue me:

Are the accusations of misappropriations - sartorial and otherwise - true, and if so, why can't wealthy people ever just pay their own ****ing bills. If true, I say LaPierre is untrustworthy and has to go

LaPierre apparently has the backing of the board, but does the board truly represent the membership or are they simply fellow cronies on the gravy train

For an organization like this, the top echelons should first and foremost be true believers, not hangers on or profiteers

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I suppose Ollie North is a hero?

Jamil, you know I am a fan and you have the tendency to polarize topics to create conflict, but can't Ollie just be a man like the rest of us?

I don't see him banging his own drum like most, that in itself is enough to keep me interested in not only what he says, but what he isn't saying. Just a thought...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Jamil, you know I am a fan and you have the tendency to polarize topics to create conflict, but can't Ollie just be a man like the rest of us?

I don't see him banging his own drum like most, that in itself is enough to keep me interested in not only what he says, but what he isn't saying. Just a thought...
    Polarize topics? Or present a different point of view? “Hero” as a title isn’t cheap. North hasn’t done anything to deserve veneration.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    You didn't hear the word "hero" come from my lips.

Polarize, yes.

Different point of view, always.

I am just saying you make a better watch than a barometer...

Top Bottom