• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Candy *** folks seem to attract one another.

What a complete horse **** presentation from the lackey....who is himself armed in the state house.

I submit the same re Liz Brown as well as Taylor.

Liberty is truly despised by these jackwads.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'll still stand with no sign and no changing of light bulbs.
    Those are awkward anyways, nice gesture, but awkward. It's unfortunate that Doug Carter has this opinion on Constitutional carry but I would imagine there isn't likely a State Police superintendent who feels otherwise, so this isn't surprising.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Anybody notice how many rank and file Troopers testified? That might carry more weight than some admin.
    I didn't get to watch all of it, but I don't think there were any rank and file Troopers.

There were a couple of gang task force guys from Ft. Wayne that opposed it. They basically said it would make their job harder and everyone would die, that's after they said the gang members have circumvented the law already. So really what he said was what we have now doesn't stop them, but getting rid of what we have would somehow put everyone at risk. :scratch:

There were a few County Sheriff's that were there in support.
    Basically the Elected LEO we're in support and the appointed were against.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...It's unfortunate that Doug Carter has this opinion on Constitutional carry but I would imagine there isn't likely a State Police superintendent who feels otherwise, so this isn't surprising.

How do we think the numerous other states that have adopted constitutional carry got by their state police opposition?

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I didn't get to watch all of it, but I don't think there were any rank and file Troopers.

There were a couple of gang task force guys from Ft. Wayne that opposed it. They basically said it would make their job harder and everyone would die, that's after they said the gang members have circumvented the law already. So really what he said was what we have now doesn't stop them, but getting rid of what we have would somehow put everyone at risk. :scratch:

There were a few County Sheriff's that were there in support.
    Basically the Elected LEO we're in support and the appointed were against.
    And that disparity between elected and appointed enforcers of the law is why I have been pressing my representative to make all law enforcement head officers be elected. For any department head who is going to enforce the law of the state, they should be elected by the people.

That is something that can be done via legislation. Start working your legislators to change any of the law such that all law enforcement department heads must be elected by the jurisdiction over which they hold authority. And the appointment of law enforcement department heads to separate them from the executive. That should include the superintendent of the Indiana State Police.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Was in county during that time but cannot remember if he shared anything along those lines.
    I do remember him being at the polling place greeting people for their vote.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom