• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I would think constitutional carry would be much easier for law enforcement. If a person has a gun and is not a proper person, simply arrest them. If they have a gun and are a proper person leave them alone.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Now the IMPD mouthpiece is parroting the same tired crap as Carter.
    This was my rebuttal

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    This was my rebuttal

I understand they don't speak for line officers. :cool:

He basically said the same thing that Carter tried to say from his bully pulpit.
    Thugs are going to carry illegally no matter what. This only allows CITIZENS to practice their God given rights. It's all about control.
    **** both of them. :nono::xmad:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would think constitutional carry would be much easier for law enforcement. If a person has a gun and is not a proper person, simply arrest them. If they have a gun and are a proper person leave them alone.
    I could be wrong as I am basing my response on info I had 20yrs ago and there have been changes to the criminal code etc. However, I don't think an individual carrying a gun is sufficient for police to investigate or even ask you if you are a proper person/legal to carry.

I've heard several officers express concern that it will embolden criminals to carry. But my opinion is if a criminal/felon has taken steps to acquire a gun they don't care if they are legal to carry it or not and are already doing so.
    Likewise, I have heard several officers agree we shouldn't have ever had to pay and jump through hoops to exercise a constitutionally protected right.
    I fail to see how this makes it harder for police to go after criminals or to take illegal guns off the streets

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

ISP Superintendent Doug Carter Issues Statement on the Enactment of HEA 1296​

Indiana State Police sent this bulletin at 03/21/2022 06:30 PM EDT
    Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.​
    State Police Header Image 3
    INDIANA STATE POLICE
    Indiana Government Center North
    100 N Senate Ave
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    www.in.gov/isp
    FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt​
    Captain Ron Galaviz
    Chief Public Information Officer
    rgalaviz@isp.in.gov

March 21, 2022

ISP Superintendent Doug Carter Issues Statement
    on the Enactment of HEA 1296​

Following today's signing of HEA 1296 by Governor Holcomb, Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter has issued the following statement.​
    “As Superintendent of the Indiana State Police, I have pledged my continued commitment to Governor Holcomb to work toward solutions enacting HEA 1296. I, like Governor Holcomb, feel enormous responsibility for front-line law enforcement officers. I will work with law enforcement leaders across our state to make necessary changes to firearms enforcement as well as identifying the best way to identify individuals who are not allowed to carry a firearm as defined by Indiana statute.”
    “We will continue to encourage citizens to apply for, and maintain, a firearms permit. A permit will assist law enforcement officers and will also allow a permit holder reciprocity with other states.”

Top Bottom