• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Revisiting? I have been interested in guns since 2008 but have not been a member of the NRA in all that time. While I don't have a Slide Fire Stock, I also DO NOT support banning them. The liberals have made clear that they are itching for more and the stocks are easy first pickings.

I held out this long because I identify more with the NAGR and Gun Owners of America. However, watching the liberals foaming at the mouth after Las Vegas has caused me to have a change of heart. I intend to become a first time member of the NRA in the next few days.

I just found this news story. Should I be sending my money to the NRA when I don't want bump stocks banned? Are they rolling over without a fight?

http://nbc4i.com/2017/10/05/nra-calls-for-review-of-bump-stock-devices/

Last edited:

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Ok so I admit I jumped the gun. Reading in the thread about this I like the NRAs idea. Let them review it and give us national carry. But I don't want to give a inch and take back a mile. Let's review bump stocks and make full auto legal (affordable) again. With national carry.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok so I admit I jumped the gun. Reading in the thread about this I like the NRAs idea. Let them review it and give us national carry. But I don't want to give a inch and take back a mile. Let's review bump stocks and make full auto legal (affordable) again. With national carry.

The NRA's statement isn't what's being reported. They're all saying the NRA is on board with banning bump-fire stocks.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Yeah I see that now thanks to the other tread regarding this. But I still don't like them saying review it again that could always go south for us. I'm going to stay in the other thread regarding this.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Chris Cox with Tucker Carlson last evening. Lays it out very well.

[video=youtube;tmx2Gtp-So8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmx2Gtp-So8[/video]

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Who the hell agrees with everything ANYONE says? Heck, people, look back through yer lives, i bet everyone has said things they dont agree with anymore. I'll take 6.5 good statements with 3.5 WTF are u high? statements any day. IF u arent an NRA member, thats cool, as long as yer a member of a different pro second amendment organization. I like the monthly magazine i get with the one that i am apart of. IF ALL gun owner spent, lets say 25 bucks a year SUPPORTING a nice group, our collective voice, would TRUMP all others! (i apologize for that word play if it offends anyone, i just couldnt resist, heh)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Who the hell agrees with everything ANYONE says? Heck, people, look back through yer lives, i bet everyone has said things they dont agree with anymore. I'll take 6.5 good statements with 3.5 WTF are u high? statements any day. IF u arent an NRA member, thats cool, as long as yer a member of a different pro second amendment organization. I like the monthly magazine i get with the one that i am apart of. IF ALL gun owner spent, lets say 25 bucks a year SUPPORTING a nice group, our collective voice, would TRUMP all others! (i apologize for that word play if it offends anyone, i just couldnt resist, heh)
    Shades of HarleyRider with this post.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Tim from MAC has a facebook post up right now stating he will no longer support, or as for viewers to support, the NRA until further notice. You would think they would learn from history and any other time we've compromised with leftists. I wrote an email to them this morning stating my concern.

The narrative should be, IMO, that these bump fire stocks are perfectly legal and approved by Obama's ATF, bump stocks hurt accuracy, and the same effect can be had from using a belt loop.

I think we all know there won't be any favorable compromise, trading slide fire stocks for national reciprocity or removing suppressors from the NFA. The morons in the GOP could never rub their 3 collective brain cells together to make that work. This (the NRA backing more legislation) will be a lose lose for the 2A. Say bye bye to binary triggers too.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    My membership had lapsed, but I recently renewed, also joined 2AF also. I don’t always agree, but they are the biggest and most effective Second Amendment defender that I know of. I also think the Second Amendment Foundation does some good work.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Screen_Shot_2017-10-05_at_5-325205.JPG

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    The NRA is already discussing the ban of bump fire stocks. :xmad: They don't do much fighting for your rights, they mostly try to negotiate something away so the hunters can keep hunting.

I am an Endowment Life Member of the NRA. I pretty much decided they weren't the best for me some time ago when they voted a guy to the board what felt and AR15 wasn't anything a regular citizen should own. Yeah, that was a while ago and yeah they apologized and Ted Nugent was a little miffed but when they gave him a big chunk of cash he changed his tune and got all behind the guy.

There have ben MANY things since that one, many and I guess at this point I will have to say this, the NRA is good at one thing, making money. They have a lot of things to sell to you and they are great for that stuff. They do help people, like smaller ranges, to afford things for their members that they wouldn't be able to afford otherwise. Some of their educations stuff is great too. THAT is what they should stick to and let the Lobbying go to those who do a better job.

The Gun Owners of America are the only ones I give money to these days. I think you all would be much better off doing the same.

Top Bottom