• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    :rolleyes:

The NRA played itself. Now that they’ put themselves in the position of being reportedly “on board” with regulating bump fire stocks, they’ll look even more like fools when they come out against legislation which regulates bump stocks.

But I don’t want to overstate the importance of that. The NRA is always going to lose in public opinion because the media is dishonest. I’just saying that for all their strategy, they came off sounding like they endorse legislation against bump-fire stocks, and now they’re going to have to oppose the legislation offered. The anti-gun zealots were never going to just let the BATFE handle this.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    [COLOR=#ff0000 said:
    The Gun Owners of America are the only ones I give money to these days. I think you all would be much better off doing the same.[/COLOR]

How come Pelosi, Schumer, Clinton, Blumberg, and others never complain about GOA? Are they actually effective? Our 4h gets $3000 plus every year from NRA but not one dime from GOA. Just sayin'........

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How come Pelosi, Schumer, Clinton, Blumberg, and others never complain about GOA? Are they actually effective? Our 4h gets $3000 plus every year from NRA but not one dime from GOA. Just sayin'........

Probably for the same reason that most of us can name those four but not the other 250 or so in congress who reliably vote against the Second Amendment.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I let my membership slide last year. After Vegas, I heard the grabbers once again complaining about the "gun lobby." From what I found, the NRA spent $3.2 million on lobbying last year. Compare that to the $25 million that Blue Cross/ Blue Shield paid, or the $16.4 million spent by the National Association of Broadcasters, I figured I'm getting enough bang for my buck from the NRA to renew my membership.

Pun intended.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    NSFW

[video=youtube;QYjgwgA8LWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYjgwgA8LWw[/video]
    Yeager isn't right about 'others don't get things done' mcdonald v Chicago and Heller v DC were not NRA led crusades.

Tim (MAC) was on hank strange's channel the other day saying 'I don't support the NRA, BUT to change it, we need to get in there, and change it with our votes' also mentioned something about there being a few anti-gunners in the organization, and tossed around the idea of a ratings system for the board members; similar to how the NRA rates politicians.

oh, and for good measure
    repeal hughes. If the big bag government didn't pass that amendment we would never be sitting here complaining amongst each other about bump fire devices, THEY created this industry, THEY are responsible, anyone who spent $400 on a bumpski would've easily spent the money to convert their property correctly.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, how many of those NRA members complaining about the NRA actually bothered to vote in the last election for board of directors? :dunno:

Kirk & I posted several threads about it... I think most people, if they did vote, chose the Gunny, because, yo know, Full Metal Jacket & Glock. :n00b:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So, how many of those NRA members complaining about the NRA actually bothered to vote in the last election for board of directors? :dunno:

Kirk & I posted several threads about it... I think most people, if they did vote, chose the Gunny, because, yo know, Full Metal Jacket & Glock. :n00b:
    I followed the SOF recommendations.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd like to see the NRA reach out to skeptics like Tim from MAC. Not Yankee Marshall though. He's kinda of an *******.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have had my differences with the NRA amd have made calls and emailed them on occaision to express my displeasure.

I actually quit years ago and talked then down to everyone I could.

That being said at 59 I became a life member and will still buy yearly memberships when there is a Cabella's NRA weekend. I opted out on the magazine with my life membership to save money for them. I like the magazines so i will pay each year to get them. Yes I know that I can get them for $9.99 a year.

The NRA is my voice and they are worth the small investment to keep them running and the number of members is a big bargaining chip in the pot.

I wonder how many moms would buy memberships to Every Town.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Looking at the situation objectively, I don't agree with everything the NRA says or does, BUT they are the ONLY organization that has had a real effect on many elections including the presidential ones. In 90+ percent of the issues the NRA does do the things I feel are necessary and they are by far the most effective in getting the laws passed and do get the 2nd amendment candidates elected.

While I do like the other organizations mentioned, I really want my money to go where it does get things done, not where it gives me a "feel good" feeling.

NO ONE else has the political clout to do the things accomplished by the NRA, PERIOD.

Sure they play politics and trade away some things we like, to get other things that really matter done! Sure they are aware this will not slow the Anti's from opposing everything against firearms, but does accomplish having politicians vote our way on some important issues.

At my age I have seen many laws changed in the last 50 years for the better. In almost every case the NRA has been prominent in these accomplishments.

IMHO supporting competitors of the NRA, regardless of my agreeing with their views, takes money from the only organization that has the membership numbers and clout to actually get those important changes made. I and my son's made the decision many years ago to join for Life and support the NRA and do not regret it one bit!

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Nope, I'm not gonna pay them another penny until their current leadership group is replaced.

Top Bottom