• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Well, we will still be working to keep and expand your 2A rights.
    They need to show they truly believe in the whole 2A better than the current ones in charge.

Then we can talk taking my money again.

I have been a member since 2007, stopped renewing after the new bylaw change in regarding to the more difficult process of recalling BOD's.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That is your right, we will still fight for your unalienable rights.

If you choose to have an all or nothing approach to regaining all of our rights the liberals will shoot you down every time. Just like their all or nothing anti bills get shot down.

Your rights were taken away incrimentally and that is the only way to take them back.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think the NRA stepped on their peckers on the bump fire issue. But it hasn't ended up hurting us. That could have been handled with more foresight. But still, they're a worthwhile lobbying org, and I'll probably go ahead an re-up. But it's a year by year thing. My support is dependent on their performance. If they start supporting nonsense, like backing lesser gun legislation just to prevent other gun legislation, I'm skipping the year.

As far as gun control goes, we have too much as it is. Anymore is more of too much. I think not another inch is a very reasonable position to have, given what we have now.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...on the bump fire issue...
    ...it hasn't ended up hurting us...
    ...My support is dependent on their performance.

The NRA was right on what they did. They kept it out of congress and pushed the immediate emotional sentiment to the ATF. The ATF, who was obligated to look at them anyway, without anyone's recommendation or permission.

Short answer is that we won this one.

My (five year) membership will continue to be paid.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The NRA was right on what they did. They kept it out of congress and pushed the immediate emotional sentiment to the ATF. The ATF, who was obligated to look at them anyway, without anyone's recommendation or permission.

Short answer is that we won this one.

My (five year) membership will continue to be paid.

No. The NRA didn't do anything but issue a statement which contained ambiguous components. THAT didn't actually affect any action or inaction. We won this one, but the outcome would have been the same if the NRA had said nothing, or even what they said without the ambiguity. Word games don't actually sneak anything past smart and determined people. The dems even called out the exact thing the NRA was doing. But it didn't matter. Because they didn't have the votes. The only thing the NRA had anything to do with it is perhaps lobbying behind the scenes, which they could have done without the word games.

Top Bottom