Bloomington

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I went ahead and pulled the trigger on 5k rounds. I am sitting good now if there is another shortage in the future. Ended up with shipping and tax to be $0.04023/round.

I can live with that.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have a partial brick of the Aguila Super Extra standard velocity. It compared to CCI SV, but did not surpass it in my very informal testing. I was testing for long range shooting in a bolt gun though.

For the long range bolt gun stuff, the non plated lead bullets at subsonic speeds seem to be more consistent, like most target .22 ammo.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a partial brick of the Aguila Super Extra standard velocity. It compared to CCI SV, but did not surpass it in my very informal testing. I was testing for long range shooting in a bolt gun though.

For the long range bolt gun stuff, the non plated lead bullets at subsonic speeds seem to be more consistent, like most target .22 ammo.

Well,darn. I could have bought the non-plated for the same money. But I should be okay considering my skills.:)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well,darn. I could have bought the non-plated for the same money. But I should be okay considering my skills.:)

It's always said to try and pick from every brand and variety to find the best for your gun. From an accuracy standpoint, 75 yards and in you aren't talking about much in difference. Worst case on accuracy is that you bought your practice ammo to augment your match ammo.

I think you'll be happy with ammo above the bulk pack grade. We don't want to talk about how much CCI SV I bought when the prices were falling. I paid a lot more than four cents a round.

I've also seen folks do well with ammo that doesn't meet the norms for their shooting discipline.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It's always said to try and pick from every brand and variety to find the best for your gun. From an accuracy standpoint, 75 yards and in you aren't talking about much in difference. Worst case on accuracy is that you bought your practice ammo to augment your match ammo.

I think you'll be happy with ammo above the bulk pack grade. We don't want to talk about how much CCI SV I bought when the prices were falling. I paid a lot more than four cents a round.

I've also seen folks do well with ammo that doesn't meet the norms for their shooting discipline.

yeah, I did a test years ago and with the exception of some of the high end Eley and one Wolf variant, the rest all shot about the same until I got down into Thunderbolt quality. Then accuracy tanked. And I’m not serious enough to pay Eley prices for what is mainly plinking.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I picked up a case of Aguila Super Extra 8 months ago. Would not run in 2 M&P15-22s, 2 Browning Buckmarks, or a 10/22 build. Rounds were too long so the most contacted the front of the magazine which would cause it not to feed right. In the 15-22s I didn’t have that issue but had constant light strikes (picture Remington cyclone just worse)

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    RMR Bullets Christmas Sale -- Thank you for turning me onto this deal!!! Free shipping and a 10% discount for Christmas? What's not to like! Just placed a nice order... Merry Christmas

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Palmetto State Armory has Vortex Venom optic shipped including sales tax for $192.59.
    Shows $229 in your cart, enter code "Venom" for discount before submitting order.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    https://tarantacticalinnovations.com/?mc_cid=60979d6ae0&mc_eid=12a467fca8

TTI-EOY-BLOWOUT-Banner-2019.jpg

Top Bottom