• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • H&HMarine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Silver Lake
    I bought a used mossberg 500 and got on ebay and bought the tactical stock and forearm for cheap and went to a gun shop and traded my 28" barrel for a 18.5" soI have about $250 in a nice collapsable stock mossberg loaded with some custom loaded home defense rounds(bb's and some lead ball bearings and some #4 shot all mixed together)

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have my Mossberg 500 with ATI tactical stock and other goodies for home defense, but I really like those stocks on the two shotguns from tactical shotgunners. May need to do a quick price check! Anyway here is a pic of mine:
    Mossberg_tactical2.jpg

Last edited:

H&HMarine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Silver Lake
    I was under the impression you can't extend a 500 magazine tube because of the way the barrel attaches at the end of the magazine tube...mine is only a 5+1 gun.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I was under the impression you can't extend a 500 magazine tube because of the way the barrel attaches at the end of the magazine tube...mine is only a 5+1 gun.

You are correct, you can always trade it in for a new 7+1 gun

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I refer to my Mossy 500 Tactical as the Nuclear Option for home defense. I might have various loaded handguns around the home, but the Mossy is the end-all, be-all for the worst SHTF home situations.

mytac500a.jpg

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Rem 870 are a solid platform with it being all steel reciever & upgrades out the yin yang but mossberg 500's should not be counted out as well as winchester 1300's & upgrades are available for these as well.

1911_Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Plainfield
    i had an 870 for the house it was a great gun. but sold it a few years back and now i want another one and im looking at a mossberg 500. the 870 is a great gun in my opinion the 500 is a good gun.

H&HMarine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Silver Lake
    I think I'll stick to my 5+1 500 If i cant kill an intruder with 6 shots then I deserve to get shot!. Plus I have my pk.380 in the nightstand so that gives me 8 more shots.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I refer to my Mossy 500 Tactical as the Nuclear Option for home defense. I might have various loaded handguns around the home, but the Mossy is the end-all, be-all for the worst SHTF home situations.

mytac500a.jpg

I thought about getting the ATI cheek rest, can it be used with the 5 shot shell holder on the buttstock? How do you like yours? Nice setup btw, also did those sights come stock (500A) or are they aftermarket?

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I thought about getting the ATI cheek rest, can it be used with the 5 shot shell holder on the buttstock? How do you like yours? Nice setup btw, also did those sights come stock (500A) or are they aftermarket?

Thanks

I don't believe that the cheek rest and buttstock shell holder can used together. I love the cheek rest. It really helps to allow perfect eye alignment with the ghost ring sights. The sights are from Mossberg, but they are after-market. I did put them on myself, with the front sight needing to be brazed on.

I love the setup, and it is super accurate out to 50 yards, with rifled slugs.

H&HMarine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Silver Lake
    yeah i second the cheek rest. my stock was down too low for my liking and now i'm up high where I should be. I can fit my sheel holder on mine, but i have 3 shot shell holders instead of six.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

The only one I know of that holds shells is the Blackhawk Power Pak system that goes on the Knoxx. The ATI on the mossberg is just like a regular stock on the AR and they both need a cheek rest:twocents:

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The only one I know of that holds shells is the Blackhawk Power Pak system that goes on the Knoxx. The ATI on the mossberg is just like a regular stock on the AR and they both need a cheek rest:twocents:

I have the ATI T6 stock with the shell holder already, I was just wondering about adding the cheek rest to the existing setup. That Knoxx stock is really nice though!

Top Bottom