• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • H&HMarine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Silver Lake
    I bought a used mossberg 500 and got on ebay and bought the tactical stock and forearm for cheap and went to a gun shop and traded my 28" barrel for a 18.5" soI have about $250 in a nice collapsable stock mossberg loaded with some custom loaded home defense rounds(bb's and some lead ball bearings and some #4 shot all mixed together)

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have my Mossberg 500 with ATI tactical stock and other goodies for home defense, but I really like those stocks on the two shotguns from tactical shotgunners. May need to do a quick price check! Anyway here is a pic of mine:
    Mossberg_tactical2.jpg

Last edited:

H&HMarine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Silver Lake
    I was under the impression you can't extend a 500 magazine tube because of the way the barrel attaches at the end of the magazine tube...mine is only a 5+1 gun.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I was under the impression you can't extend a 500 magazine tube because of the way the barrel attaches at the end of the magazine tube...mine is only a 5+1 gun.

You are correct, you can always trade it in for a new 7+1 gun

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I refer to my Mossy 500 Tactical as the Nuclear Option for home defense. I might have various loaded handguns around the home, but the Mossy is the end-all, be-all for the worst SHTF home situations.

mytac500a.jpg

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Rem 870 are a solid platform with it being all steel reciever & upgrades out the yin yang but mossberg 500's should not be counted out as well as winchester 1300's & upgrades are available for these as well.

1911_Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Plainfield
    i had an 870 for the house it was a great gun. but sold it a few years back and now i want another one and im looking at a mossberg 500. the 870 is a great gun in my opinion the 500 is a good gun.

H&HMarine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Silver Lake
    I think I'll stick to my 5+1 500 If i cant kill an intruder with 6 shots then I deserve to get shot!. Plus I have my pk.380 in the nightstand so that gives me 8 more shots.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I refer to my Mossy 500 Tactical as the Nuclear Option for home defense. I might have various loaded handguns around the home, but the Mossy is the end-all, be-all for the worst SHTF home situations.

mytac500a.jpg

I thought about getting the ATI cheek rest, can it be used with the 5 shot shell holder on the buttstock? How do you like yours? Nice setup btw, also did those sights come stock (500A) or are they aftermarket?

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I thought about getting the ATI cheek rest, can it be used with the 5 shot shell holder on the buttstock? How do you like yours? Nice setup btw, also did those sights come stock (500A) or are they aftermarket?

Thanks

I don't believe that the cheek rest and buttstock shell holder can used together. I love the cheek rest. It really helps to allow perfect eye alignment with the ghost ring sights. The sights are from Mossberg, but they are after-market. I did put them on myself, with the front sight needing to be brazed on.

I love the setup, and it is super accurate out to 50 yards, with rifled slugs.

H&HMarine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Silver Lake
    yeah i second the cheek rest. my stock was down too low for my liking and now i'm up high where I should be. I can fit my sheel holder on mine, but i have 3 shot shell holders instead of six.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

The only one I know of that holds shells is the Blackhawk Power Pak system that goes on the Knoxx. The ATI on the mossberg is just like a regular stock on the AR and they both need a cheek rest:twocents:

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The only one I know of that holds shells is the Blackhawk Power Pak system that goes on the Knoxx. The ATI on the mossberg is just like a regular stock on the AR and they both need a cheek rest:twocents:

I have the ATI T6 stock with the shell holder already, I was just wondering about adding the cheek rest to the existing setup. That Knoxx stock is really nice though!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom