• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    g19 with a factory threaded barrel would be nice. Also saw brownels had silencerco glock threaded barrels on sale with free shipping. Might get one for the 34?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Because this snowflake doesn't carry a bulky light hanging off the bottom

Ok, then put the light on the pistol when you go to bed.

I mean, I understand wanting to buy more guns, I, er, um, a friend of mine has a few, but if it is for home defense, then I want to use the pistol I carry. Slide/click the light on at Badtime for Bozo time and Bob's your uncle.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    76jdI9wh.jpg

End of the thread, CZ Shadow Target 2 holds 18+1 in the gun and the Target 2 features the CZ Custom Shops trigger package for a 6.5# double action with a 2.5# single action. Throw on a SureFire X400U with whatever color laser you want and you have the full $2,500 spent just about Load it with 147gr pills so it stays subsonic and throw a can on it and you have one mean HD gun. Because personally game guns make sick HD guns IMHO

hard to argue with that :)

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Oh, and training, training and more training for the weapon-mounted light. Too many cops have gotten themselves in big, big trouble with the Timmy Tactical crap.

That is why I want a pistol. I shoot them weekly. I am a minimalist when it comes to "add ons" I want simple and effective. I want the light/laser combo in the event I knock my glasses off the nightstand I will be able to operate effectively without them with minimal Thelma from Scooby doo actions. It is practical not tactical that I seek. And yes most of this home defense buy is to get another pistol, I just want to buy and set up with a purpose rather than my usual "oh look a gun" style of buying.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Out of curiosity, which viridian did you try and not like the button location? I have the C5L on my HD pistol (G23) and really like the button location. It sits right at my fingertip when my finger is resting on the frame.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That is why I want a pistol. I shoot them weekly. I am a minimalist when it comes to "add ons" I want simple and effective. I want the light/laser combo in the event I knock my glasses off the nightstand I will be able to operate effectively without them with minimal Thelma from Scooby doo actions. It is practical not tactical that I seek. And yes most of this home defense buy is to get another pistol, I just want to buy and set up with a purpose rather than my usual "oh look a gun" style of buying.

I don't know what training you've had so I'm juzt,speaking in general terms,
    You won't need the laser in my opinion. Just one more thing to worry about manipulating. Even if you've had a lot of training your ability to even use your sights is gonna be greatly diminished in a gun fight in your home at such close distances with everything moving so quickly. This is where there is zero substitution for training. If you've trained with the laser then by all means use it. A lot of people though seem to throw fundamentals out the window when using lasers

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not to give to much away but you are not far from something to defend with in our home.
    CZ's with all the trimmings because like Dean stated......These are just cool pieces. Springer lite weight operator with Night sites so you can find it easily in the dark. Tlr1 light and a 10 round mag and a spare.

AR in easy reach and a 930 Moss.

Choose your light carefully. To hot and it will blind you if your eyes are adjusted for the dark.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I don't know what training you've had so I'm juzt,speaking in general terms,
    You won't need the laser in my opinion. Just one more thing to worry about manipulating. Even if you've had a lot of training your ability to even use your sights is gonna be greatly diminished in a gun fight in your home at such close distances with everything moving so quickly. This is where there is zero substitution for training. If you've trained with the laser then by all means use it. A lot of people though seem to throw fundamentals out the window when using lasers

I only want the laser as a last resort if my glasses get knocked off of my nightstand in the heart of the moment. It's just a backup. And the reason i did not care too much for the C5L I would rather a paddle selection for light then light laser.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Not to give to much away but you are not far from something to defend with in our home.
    CZ's with all the trimmings because like Dean stated......These are just cool pieces. Springer lite weight operator with Night sites so you can find it easily in the dark. Tlr1 light and a 10 round mag and a spare.

Choose your light carefully. To hot and it will blind you if your eyes are adjusted for the dark.

Not a 930 but a loaded 1187, and a stag piston driven at that is my basic close quarters Carbine. I'm just faster and more comfortable with pistols. I have my p07 in 40 next to my bed now, so basically your set up you suggest lol. Maybe I'll just put a nice light on the CZ.

xfpx6u.jpg

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby

Solid advice on light brigtness -- I'm in a townhome and the regulat TLR-1 (non-HL) is plenty bright. 300 lumens is perfect for my uses.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Solid advice on light brigtness -- I'm in a townhome and the regulat TLR-1 (non-HL) is plenty bright. 300 lumens is perfect for my uses.

We have done real world tests with everything that is set out for HD.
    If you wake up from a dead sleep in a dark or near dark house and turn on a 600 Lumen light you are toast. I know this from my own stupidity.
    I have such a light next to my 1911 with the Tlr1 that I use when the search will take me outside. By the time I get to the door using the Tlr1 my eyes are coming around and there is little to no glare back off of white walls.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not a 930 but a loaded 1187, and a stag piston driven at that is my basic close quarters Carbine. I'm just faster and more comfortable with pistols. I have my p07 in 40 next to my bed now, so basically your set up you suggest lol. Maybe I'll just put a nice light on the CZ.

xfpx6u.jpg

That looks a lot like my 930 with the extended mag tube. Mine clears the end of the barrel about an inch.

Top Bottom