• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I disagree with most of what you have here. I make it a point to watch surveillance cameras of break-ins and gun fights weekly.

Fair enough. My opinion is just that, it doesn't make me right. I've watched several videos as well. What I seem to notice a lot is:
    1) People miss. A LOT.
    2) Whatever plans people thought they had pretty rapidly disappear. Both for BG and defender.

Ultimately, the "ideal" defense setup depends on what you as a defender are most comfortable with, how much practice and training you have, how cool a head you an keep, etc. It even depends on house vs apartment, city vs out out of town, and on the specific kinds of threats you might be more likely to face.

Heck, I could argue there is almost always a situation where any particular setup might be the ideal, even the 22 revolver that strikes you as such a bad idea.

I know I'm personally looking into a can. For an 300blk pistol. With a RDS. And a laser. And a light. 30rds of subsonic 300blk with aiming aids? That should cover most HD situations.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Fair enough. My opinion is just that, it doesn't make me right. I've watched several videos as well. What I seem to notice a lot is:
    1) People miss. A LOT.
    2) Whatever plans people thought they had pretty rapidly disappear. Both for BG and defender.

Ultimately, the "ideal" defense setup depends on what you as a defender are most comfortable with, how much practice and training you have, how cool a head you an keep, etc. It even depends on house vs apartment, city vs out out of town, and on the specific kinds of threats you might be more likely to face.

Heck, I could argue there is almost always a situation where any particular setup might be the ideal, even the 22 revolver that strikes you as such a bad idea.

I know I'm personally looking into a can. For an 300blk pistol. With a RDS. And a laser. And a light. 30rds of subsonic 300blk with aiming aids? That should cover most HD situations.

Quantity is your friend. I am a huge 300bo fan and I'm putting a pistol / future sbr together now. I took an ar skills class that really pointed out a flaw in the close quarters use of an ar tho. I saw seasoned leo's shoot into barriers when aimed on target and I learned how difficult it is to shoot on target at danger close ranges. Not impossible but a lot more to think about when you're just rolling over waking up. Practice practice practice, I just shoot pistols more frequently and therefore feel more comfortable manipulating a pistol than an ar, especially in the danger close areas such as a house.

The common theme in the real world videos is exactly what you put, lots of misses, chaos, and stress. I am not a man of action, I was in the Air Force, I'm an average guy who likes guns. I do not think I would fare better than most of the convienience store guys. I want more ammo, a weapon that manipulates intuitively, simple magazine changes, and something that can be easily silenced.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    2q9gzew.jpg

Well thanks to allenm this is the new home defense pistol. Unreal.

Top Bottom