• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    when I got that worked out, it made a world of difference in the way I feel. I used to spend 10 hrs or so in bed, and felt like I had been up all night the next morning. No more. 8 hrs or so now and feel good.

Probably should have had a Cpap 10 years prior to when I did.

I stopped breathing like 93 times per hour, and oxygen level was below 75% at times.

My story as well. Too many people (mostly so called 'men') do not take this seriously. An apnea is a very good way to wake up dead and it seriously degrades your quality of life in the mean time.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I have this guy. ResMed

40AA28A0E539E700B51AD640AEF26CBB0535E8DB.jpg

Ah, the ResMed S9 ! Actually, these auto BiPap's have the potential to shut down sleep studies and eliminate the whole cottage industry of sleep medicine, to a degree. The sensors and algorithms involved to constantly alter the pressures for an individuals needs makes their use and effectiveness automatic. A much wider band of pressure can be set and It automatically changes pressures for individual needs. I love mine, It's my buddy.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My story as well. Too many people (mostly so called 'men') do not take this seriously. An apnea is a very good way to wake up dead and it seriously degrades your quality of life in the mean time.

:scratch:

The problem I now have with my CPAP is the the kittens are attracted to it - it makes noises and blows air, therefore it must be played with. They've been attacking me in my sleep since they arrived this last weekend. My fear is that they bite and puncture the hose as replacement parts aren't cheap.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

The problem I now have with my CPAP is the the kittens are attracted to it - it makes noises and blows air, therefore it must be played with. They've been attacking me in my sleep since they arrived this last weekend. My fear is that they bite and puncture the hose as replacement parts aren't cheap.

My pup chewed up a $50 heated hose. I wasn't pleased.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

Amazon is your friend when looking for affordable cpap parts.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Amazon is your friend when looking for affordable cpap parts.

Indeed.

I used to get phone calls every month (or more often) from the supply house, "You need more X, what about Y?". I explained that those would be paid by me out of my pocket. They stopped calling.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I recently did a night study and then a nap study the next day at the sleep lab. Turns out I have Narcolepsy, I have had it all of my life and not known it, I have every symptom that goes with it.
    I fall asleep very quick, usually within a minute, and go right into REM sleep. Normal sleep patterns, you don't hit REM sleep until 80 to 90 minutes into your sleep. The past 3 years I have been nothing short of miserable, I wake up around 3 or 4 am, can't get back to sleep, then when I do lay back down, and really into some good sleep it is time to get up for work.
    By Friday I am completely exhausted. I have my follow up tomorrow with the sleep Doc. I am hoping for a prescription of a legal pick me up. Although I typically do not like to take prescription meds, I am hoping that it works.
    Lack of sleep has caused me to have very low testosterone, and very high cholesterol and triglycerides.
    Sleep is the most important thing we do as humans. It is when the street sweeper comes out and sweeps away all the crumbs in our bodies.
    If someone has a sleep issue it is best to get it addressed.

Top Bottom