• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Well had my follow up appointment, it turns out I actually have 3 sleep disorders, Narcolepsy, PLMD (Periodic Limb movement disorder) this is different than restless legs. Apparently my legs wake me 12 times per hour, the way it works is I am not aware of it, it does not fully wake me up, but wakes my brain up into a light sleep and takes me out of the deep restorative sleep that I/we all need. By having both of those has caused the 3rd disorder which is sleep deprivation.
    The sleep deprivation is mostly to blame for my Low T, as well as aging, but I am only 51, not that old (in my mind) anyway.
    So I now have two scripts, Provigil to keep me alert during the day, and Mirapex to calm my legs down so that I can get a good nights sleep. Now lets hope they don't have side effects that I cannot tolerate.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So I'm setup to be between 4-12 and have it auto set my pressure. The lady pumped me to 12 to let me see what it felt like because 4 was comfortable. She never reduced it back to min 12. Fortunately Google showed me how to get into program setting hidden menu to drop it back down.

nap time. AAR in 2 hours!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Finally got my machine. DreamWear nasal cushion. Hoping to score a nap before work tonight :rockwoot:

That's nice looking. Makes my mask look like this:

IMG_0368.JPG

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well the 90 min nap was OK. I did not have any distilled water for the humidifier so I shut that off. I should have it for this morning after work though. Took a few mins to fall asleep but I was over thinking things. I think I tolerated it well enough but need a full sleep to evaluate.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Well the 90 min nap was OK. I did not have any distilled water for the humidifier so I shut that off. I should have it for this morning after work though. Took a few mins to fall asleep but I was over thinking things. I think I tolerated it well enough but need a full sleep to evaluate.

The humidifier is a must. Running out in the middle of he night makes me feel like the entire inside of my head is chapped.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I haven't bothered with water for years. Mold grows too quickly with that humidity and I don't want to lug all that around when traveling. (especially overseas)

As to the selfies - hell no! The creepiest thing was when my wife rolled over and said, "let's do it with it on."

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    As to the selfies - hell no! The creepiest thing was when my wife rolled over and said, "let's do it with it on."

haha, I already texted her about that and was shot down :rofl:

oh, and the machine said I had a good seal on the nasal cushion thing, so I got that going for me. This particular mask attaches to the hose over your head like a "snork" and it rotates around so it's better if you like to roll around while sleeping

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So I had a four nap from 4am-8am, I woke up being tired but not with the difficulty even getting out bed I'd usually have. My wife said it didn't bother her and I seemed MUCH less restless. Hopping back in bed to continue sleeping, brb!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

The humidifier is a must. Running out in the middle of he night makes me feel like the entire inside of my head is chapped.

Agreed! I can't tolerate the CPAP without the humidifier. It dries my sinuses so badly that it's like have August-September allergies without any medication when the running and sneezing starts.

That's why I need a new CPAP -- the humidifier barely works now.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The CPAP machine records data and upload it to a website you can track. This is a screenshot of the app I downloaded with my data from my nap this afternoon. My sleep study said I had 86 events per hour, so three is much better. The sleep study track snoring episodes though too, as well as low oxygen levels, so there is a bit of a different comparison here.

My insurance is paying the monthly rental fee for 10 months, and then I own it out right. But since this tracks usage, you have to demonstrate compliance with it or they stop paying. I believe compliance is six hours a day for 21 days a month.

If you feel you're not sleeping well or are chronically fatigued, John we consider getting a sleep study.

Top Bottom