• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    1. The act of trespassing does not make all rights null and void.

2. You cannot use deadly force against someone who is merely trespassing as you have no reasonable fear of death or seriously bodily injury.

3. The instruction that the judge would read to the jury before a self-defense case is decided is that the defendant must be in a place where they have the right to be. Boyd was not in a place where he had a right to be thus his right to self-defense is null and void.

Bingo.

Well if I and 5 of my buddies have rifles pointed at a guy with a pocket knife 15-20 feet away (not to mention a trained K9), I can't honestly say I would be in fear for my life either. This didn't go down in a dark alley, in a one-on-one situation. They clearly had the drop on him. Right or wrong, that's what a jury is going to see.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    And so? Need we run the Tueller Drill videos? Even though Boyd obviously enjoyed burritos, he was well within stabbing range of the officers.

Boyd took six (6) bean bags rounds and yet still brandished the knives.

Lethal force is warranted when the officers reasonably believed to be in fear of serious bodily injury or death.

There is no requirement to do so when deadly force was necessary.

He took 6 bean bags after having taken several lead shots and was laying on the ground motionless. The bean bag rounds didnt even bother him.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They clearly had the drop on him.

Drop on him? Is this a western or something? Maybe Justified?

What difference does it make if the police are pointing guns at him or not? It matters what Boyd does. Boyd choose to fight, he choose wrong.

Assuming arguendo that this is Justified ROE and Boyd (not Crowder but this Boyd) chose to fight, does this not show that the officers are justified in killing him. Boyd pulled weapons and assaulted the officers despite officers having "the drop" on him.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Over three hours, multiple death threats towards the LEO's, two or more knives and in the end failed to follow their orders. Who knows what he was going for? The unarmed canine officer was less than 8 feet away so they had to fire to protect him. A man with a knife can quickly kill another man who is less than 8 feet away right?
    If you truly believe all that shi^ you are spewing and are a cop...You have ZERO need to be a cop just like the murderers I saw in this video. Put me on that jury and I would make it a mission in life to make sure they served life at a min....if not get the needle.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Homeless people have no right to be anywhere then is what everyone is saying here?

Yeah, they're disposable. More so than a friggin aluminum can.

I've always thought that the real measure of a man is not how you treat those with recourse, but by how you treat those without.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Drop on him? Is this a western or something? Maybe Justified?

What difference does it make if the police are pointing guns at him or not? It matters what Boyd does. Boyd choose to fight, he choose wrong.

Assuming arguendo that this is Justified ROE and Boyd (not Crowder but this Boyd) chose to fight, does this not show that the officers are justified in killing him. Boyd pulled weapons and assaulted the officers despite officers having "the drop" on him.

Excuse me. They had a "tactical advantage". Better? :rolleyes: If by choosing to fight you mean picking up his things and turning to leave, then it's a wonder I'm not shot dead at my desk every day after my work day is done. I get that there was a stand off. I get that he had a history of violent behavior, but he was not exhibiting violent behavior in the video. Not by a long stretch.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Homeless people have no right to be anywhere then is what everyone is saying here?

Homeless or not, no one can camp in the city park.

Homeless or not, people have a right to be where they are allowed. Boyd was not allowed in the city park. He had no right to self-defense.

BTW, if anyone wants a busload or two of homeless from Albaquirky, I have friends there who can load a bus and have them in your backyard in a few days. Be sure to enjoy their threats, booze bottles, needles and waste. PM me your address and I'll work on it.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    but he was not exhibiting violent behavior in the video. Not by a long stretch.

Did you watch the video?

Are you not counting the Aggravated Assault that Boyd committed?

Did you hear him scream "I will hunt you down and kill you?"

Did you hear him exclaim that he had the right to kill people?

Boyd was a violent lunatic. The police were very reasonable to be in fear of their lives or serious bodily injury.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Homeless or not, no one can camp in the city park.

Homeless or not, people have a right to be where they are allowed. Boyd was not allowed in the city park. He had no right to self-defense.

I would say that if you believe that, philosophically, then you just might someday find yourself in a situation where you have fewer rights than you would like to think at that moment.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I think that what some are saying is that, there are certain law enforcement officers who would have (without it being thought of as anything special or heroic) settled the situation with no loss of life, and who would have actually lost considerable sleep if they couldn't.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think that what some are saying is that, there are certain law enforcement officers who would have (without it being thought of as anything special or heroic) settled the situation with no loss of life, and who would have actually lost considerable sleep if they couldn't.

Exactly. I think Kirk just enjoys being obtuse.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    If you truly believe all that shi^ you are spewing and are a cop...You have ZERO need to be a cop just like the murderers I saw in this video. Put me on that jury and I would make it a mission in life to make sure they served life at a min....if not get the needle.
    Aren't you the same guy that pointed a firearm at and threatened to kill a guy in your driveway for simply having his hand in his pocket?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Did you watch the video?

Are you not counting the Aggravated Assault that Boyd committed?

Did you hear him scream "I will hunt you down and kill you?"

Did you hear him exclaim that he had the right to kill people?

Boyd was a violent lunatic. The police were very reasonable to be in fear of their lives or serious bodily injury.

So "aggravated assault" - not attempted murder, not assault with a deadly weapon - and verbal threats are justifiable reasons to kill someone. Got it.

Olive Drab

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Indy
    LEO's have a tough job that they signed up for that requires making tough decisions in difficult situations, even when having to deal with the mentally ill. It's hard for me to believe that any LEO that has spent 3 hours with a person like this wouldn't be able to come to the conclusion that he was mentally ill. All of the officers I know personally are good people who I believe would not have let out a "BOOYAA!" like they just took down a 12 point buck when having to fire on a mentally ill, or any suspect, even in self defense. Not the kind of person we need in law enforcement.

TMU317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Indy
    So "aggravated assault" - not attempted murder, not assault with a deadly weapon - and verbal threats are justifiable reasons to kill someone. Got it.

No. Verbal threats combined with producing a deadly weapon as law enforcement officers are attempting to make a lawful arrest are justifiable reasons to kill someone.

Top Bottom