• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Now this makes me curious. Why would you release snippets of a survey with click bait titles through your partners, then delay the actual substance? That seems like an application of a lie making it around the word before the truth has had a chance to get its shoes on (for reference see "40% of all gun sales occur without a background check").
    Because that's the MO. They count on the fact that the opinions of those they are trying to affect will not dig deeper. I agree that when they devolve into those kinds of tactics it makes their whole method suspect. Their choice in terminology used to describe the findings bears it out. "Super Majority of Hoosiers support gun control" :rolleyes:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I just "voted", and over 87% OPPOSE an "assualt " weapon ban .....

I still don't know what an "assualt" weapon is .....

or a "saturday night special" .....

Last edited:

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Oh really? I'd like to see where these numbers came from.

Hoosier Survey finds supermajority supports gun control | WISH-TV

First off, the study says 51% favor stricter gun laws with a 5% margin of error. So basically, the study proves nothing.

Second, these things are always biased. They get the result they want by calling people in a certain area or asking the questions in such a way that they get the person to lean towards their ideals.

Third, any study in Indiana that says a majority of hoosiers support stricter gun laws is null and void based on the fact that such is just not true.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Load of crap.

2.5 years, 15 post, and #15 is "Load of crap".
    A man of few but true words.

+1

+1 I consider it to be a quality post.

+2

If he sticks around he'll see a similar pattern develop with most of the OP's threads........
    For somebody supposedly so individually libertarian minded OP gets his marching orders on a bunch of topics right out of the leftist progressive play book.
    I wonder if he knows how much he is being used?

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    The poll is manipulated. It is a lie.
    Ya think?

In the future, we shall really tear them a new one!
    :lmfao: That is so you! Ranks up there with They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.

<sample headline>
    "Thus ended a speech before the House of [STRIKE]Commons[/STRIKE] INGO by the Right Honourable Earl of Devonshire, Marquis de Lafayette and Juridical Director of the Royal Reformatory."

This one's for you (that it may be received by His Lordship in the spirit of entertainment in which it was intended).

[video=youtube;Xg9aQvjMS60]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg9aQvjMS60[/video]

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    If he sticks around he'll see a similar pattern develop with most of the OP's threads........
    For somebody supposedly so individually libertarian minded OP gets his marching orders on a bunch of topics right out of the leftist progressive play book.
    I wonder if he knows how much he is being used?

In China the internet is flooded with 'wu mao' guys, paid 'fifty cents' by the government for each pro-regime post they make on the internet. The Chinese anticipated the progressive use of social media long ago. Shut down the really offensive sites, and flood the remaining sites with bogus posts, and then claim overwhelming support for your glorious leaders.

And now, a picture of the Chairman for our progressive friends, inspecting the construction of the Keystone Pipeline, erm...

View attachment 42758

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ...I still don't know what an "assualt" weapon is .....

or a "saturday night special" .....

With the Saturday night special you get free pie.

No wait, that's the Wednesday night special. I'll have to get back to you on that.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Looks like they finally released their survey; http://bowencenterforpublicaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/HoosierSurvey2015FinalReport.pdf

As suspected it appears that this "super majority" was based on four questions;

Untitled%201_zpsfg1topiz.jpg

Untitled%202_zpsx3bmiadg.jpg

The "supermajority" being based on the least controversial question - whether the mentally ill should have access to firearms. A suspected this uncontroversial result in favour of restricting access of firearms to those with mental health issues is considered a proof of the blanket statement "Hoosiers want gun control".

And the ever popular "gunshow loophole" was one of the other questions. As well as the "assault weapons" ban. Bonus points for using "Federal Database" instead of registry, that seems much more benign.

I was not able to find the actual text of the questions, which would be instructive in where the final figures were derived from.

Their methodology shows that they made 362 calls to landlines, and 240 to cellphones. The demographic, geographical, political make up of the samples is unknown as while initially chosen to represent the State's population based on census data no final breakdown was given.

So in short, at least where firearms are concerned, we have questions aimed at low information voters in what can fairly be called a low significance poll.

**thanks to Pudly for correcting my mis-reading**

Last edited:

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    Good find... somehow I figured they'd twist words to fit their agenda. At least we know not to trust figures posted by BSU in the future...not that I ever did.

Top Bottom