• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Good find... somehow I figured they'd twist words to fit their agenda. At least we know not to trust figures posted by BSU in the future...not that I ever did.

You should not trust any poll. They are far too easy to manipulate to reflect the results you want. Finding an honest poll would be as hard or harder than finding an honest politician. And we all know those unicorns don't even exist.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Aren't those numbers almost exactly the same as the Indiana version?

Moderately. The Tennessee version had 6 questions, while the Indiana version has 4. The four matching ones were all various gun control questions and 3/4 were very close in percentages, which the Federal database question was significantly different.

If you want to compare to the Indiana poll, it is here.

Frankly, I'm not surprised or particularly doubtful about the first gun control question being at 80%+. Many INGOers support looking for ways to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. The others, I'm less trusting of.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    We can call BS all day long, but this is the camel's nose trying to sneak under the tent:

But when the Hoosier Survey asked about background checks for gun sales, 83 percent expressed support. Only 16 percent are opposed.

A smaller majority, 51 percent, supports a federal database to track gun sales.

Note, it says 83 percent support for background checks. It does not say increased background checks or universal background checks. Most people would probably answer affirmatively when asked if a gun store should perform a background check before selling a gun to an unknown person.

Here's another one that makes them think they have a Super Majority:
    "And 83 percent want to prevent people with mental illness from buying guns."

Yeah, ya think? I'm surprised it's not 100%. The only way to get it down to 83% is to ask that question to folks entering the 1500. Ask anyone at a gun store whether or not they think that someone that's been adjudicated as mentally ill and dangerous to himself and others should be able to buy a gun.

They ask very broad questions and then twist the answers to fit their agenda. Damn bunch of lying scum is what they are.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's a phony poll. More phony polls are coming in across the country.

Poll: Tenn. voters support stricter gun laws

I suspect Bloomberg's sordid hand.

Exactly. One of his underlings has crafted a series of questions that can be construed any way they want. If I ask you if the mentally ill should be allowed to buy a gun and you say no, I can then say that you are for strengthening laws to prevent the mentally ill from buying guns. If I really want to stretch the facts into outright lies, I can say that your answer indicates support for closing the imagined gun show loophole. Bastages!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I could imagine, if the question were worded slimily enough, 83% of people would support background checks. But the 83% also support "assault rifles" seems high, no matter how slimily they worded it.

There are already background checks. Most agree with the system in place. (I'm fairly certain that I'm in the minority in opposing all BGCs as an unconstitutional infringement upon RKBA of the law-abiding, without any demonstrable impact on any purported state interest.)

Assault rifles are already banned - at least, as NFA items, which makes them prohibitively expensive.

So, the poll is meaningless, and worthless.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    It is just like any survey, it just depends on who you ask the question as to what answer you will get. I could ask 600 people at the next 1500 gun show about such things and what do you think that 600 would say? I question the results of all surveys. It is just to easy to slant them in the way you want them to go.

Top Bottom