• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeOrtiz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    East Chicago
    We do have gun control. It's called a trigger finger. Know what you shoot.
    If they start that communist **** here in this great state, I hope we all oppose it. We citizens are the majority not the elected officials. I simply cannot believe the majority of us want gun restrictions and gun control. The people who want gun control have probably never held a gun.

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    A few years back I was watching a gun control poll on a major news site. It was going heavily pro-gun. Every time I refreshed the page there were 15, 20, 30 more pro-gun votes. Then, all of a sudden, EXACTLY 5,000 votes were added to the anti-gun side. Then watched more pro- gun votes, 20, 30, 50 at a time with every refresh, and once again all at once 5,000 anti-gun votes were added to the poll.

I don't believe in polls on news sites. They're bull****.

The saddest part is they feel the need to skew the numbers and lie to the public, like it'll change our opinion on the matter if we think majority wants gun control. All they do is repeatedly show me why I don't watch mainstream media anymore, until they report the truth I have no interest in boosting their ratings.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So without reading the questions we cannot examine what impact those may have had on the results. Looking at the results we see;
    - 83% support for background checks
    - 51% support for a Federal database
    - 51% support an assault weapons ban
    - 83% want to prevent the mentally ill from owning firearms

Given that the stats were the same was the survey only two questions? ("Do you support background checks to prevent the mentally ill owning guns?", "Do you support a Federal database of firearms or an assault weapon ban?").

I don't think that it is any surprise that the majority of people favour some sort of background check, and a prohibition on those with mental illness that poses a risk to themselves or other owning firearms.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Is this not the same A-rated GOP General Assembly and RKBA-positive GOP governor that couldn't see their way clear to even hear, let alone vote on, Constitutional Carry last year, and only barely got rid of SBS?

The poll is likely a lie, yes, but that doesn't mean we should not remain vigilant and let our reps know what we want.

Blessings,
    Bill

So, in the face of this "supermajority" Indiana has

1. a Republican House,
    2. a Republican Senate,
    3 and a Republican Gov.
    4. A supermajority of those in the General Assembly are NRA A rated, including Democrats.
    5. We have a Gov. who openly speaks in favor the RKBA even though he is up for re-election in 2016.
    6. We have enacted total preemption.
    7. We have enacted Lifetime Carry licenses.
    8. We have abolished the ban on suppressors for hunting.
    9. We have abolished the prohibition on short-barreled shotguns.
    10. We have guns in trunks in school property, plus many other pro-gun reforms.

The poll is manipulated. It is a lie.

If it is not, we are kicking their ass despite a supermajority being against those above cited reforms. In the future, we shall really tear them a new one!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Is this not the same A-rated GOP General Assembly and RKBA-positive GOP governor that couldn't see their way clear to even hear, let alone vote on, Constitutional Carry last year, and only barely got rid of SBS?

Yes. I know we are not winning fast enough.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Just like all of the other lies and bias you can expect from these people, it is interesting that they chose to use the term "supermajority". There is no such thing in polling. Supermajorities are reserved for votes where more than a 50% simple majority is needed. In this case, it is a term used by malevolent anti-gun agitators, not be professional survey organizations, to provoke a response in the uneducated.

:bs:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Tuesday, the 10th, the full survey will be released on - Bowen Center for Public Affairs per their website.

I tire when they use the phrase, "Hoosiers support..." instead of, "polled Hoosiers support". You can't extrapolate a statewide position with several hundred people polled.

I'm sure, that if given the opportunity, they'd extrapolate from a sample size of 1.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Just the same exact liberal tactic used over and over. The poll is rigged - as usual.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Was it this poll?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...on/394868-wish-tv-poll-oregon-shooting-3.html

Seems like it leaned in pro-gun favor most of the way... which makes it difficult to take a media outlet's personal poll seriously. I'm sure if they want the agenda to go a certain way, they would have no issue scrubbing votes.

I wonder how many were surveryed.

"we surveyed 150 people and found that 100 of them supported gun control (side note: most were super rich people in Carmel who never see crime except for on the news)".

Until WISH/BSU provides the survey details, like sample size, demographics of of the sample size, margin of error, etc, I don't believe it.
    BSU is living up to their initials: BS!!

Did you bother to read the article before commenting? These items were all covered.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Um, yes you can, if an appropriate sample is used. Marketing and Statistics 101.

Other than their own statement of how they conducted the poll, you don't actually have a clue whether they did any such thing. (Because they wouldn't fib, would they???)

And then the questions.

Would you rather buy a Yugo or get a kick in the pants?

Published poll result: 90% of Hoosiers want to buy Yugos.

Looking at their results, I would suspect either the method, or the questions, or both.

Just curious, who funds this 'center', and the poll in particular. All useful things to weigh...

There are plenty of "authoritative" studies out there currently about the juvenile justice system, drafted by "experts" based on "facts" that are little more than advocacy by funding organizations. You drink our kool aid, and we send you money.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Tuesday, the 10th, the full survey will be released on - Bowen Center for Public Affairs per their website.

I tire when they use the phrase, "Hoosiers support..." instead of, "polled Hoosiers support". You can't extrapolate a statewide position with several hundred people polled.
    Now this makes me curious. Why would you release snippets of a survey with click bait titles through your partners, then delay the actual substance? That seems like an application of a lie making it around the word before the truth has had a chance to get its shoes on (for reference see "40% of all gun sales occur without a background check").

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Now this makes me curious. Why would you release snippets of a survey with click bait titles through your partners, then delay the actual substance? That seems like an application of a lie making it around the word before the truth has had a chance to get its shoes on (for reference see "40% of all gun sales occur without a background check").

:+1:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    At least with that last survey we discussed as a community the pollsters had the common courtesy to release their methodology at the same time, and explicitly stated that their survey was skewed to include significantly more samples from demographics in favour of illegal immigrants.

Top Bottom