• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we have numerous members who don't contribute to anything on INGO except the classifieds. I'm not saying it's right, or that I support those who do it, but it's there and it's obvious. The Mods/Fenway have made it perfectly clear that this is an informational site FIRST and a swap meet LAST, but until there is some rule in place against it I don't think we should be dumping on them.

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we have numerous members who don't contribute to anything on INGO except the classifieds. I'm not saying it's right, or that I support those who do it, but it's there and it's obvious. The Mods/Fenway have made it perfectly clear that this is an informational site FIRST and a swap meet LAST, but until there is some rule in place against it I don't think we should be dumping on them.

Maybe because he openly admitted to being here only for the classifieds...

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we have numerous members who don't contribute to anything on INGO except the classifieds.

This is certainly true. I refer to such members as "living in the Classifieds". A clue is when their post count shows like 56 posts, but you do a "show all posts by" and get a couple hundred (posts in the Classifieds don't raise one's post count). As long as they are eligible to use the Classifieds (i.e. got their 50 the right way, or paid their $$ to become a Site Supporter), I don't really care. I don't understand why someone would come to a gun discussion forum and not participate, but that's neither here nor there.

but until there is some rule in place against it I don't think we should be dumping on them.

Fair enough.

Guys, knock off the dogpiling and get this thread back on track, please.

taurusman2010, a cautionary note - you would do well to improve your attitude if you wish to remain a member here.

:rules: :mods:

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Maybe because he openly admitted to being here only for the classifieds...

So we should dump on him for being honest about his intentions? Really, just do a little research in the Classifieds and you'll see what I'm talking about. If people feel like enforcing unwritten rules like this one then I'm all for it, but you need to do it equally to ALL parties who abuse the Classifieds. I'm only saying that it makes no sense to jump on this guy for his transparency about what he's doing but ignore the ones who've been abusing the system for a while now. I may be alone in my opinion, and I accept that. :twocents:

EDIT: Just saw shooter's post, feel free to delete this post if you see fit.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So we should dump on him for being honest about his intentions? Really, just do a little research in the Classifieds and you'll see what I'm talking about. If people feel like enforcing unwritten rules like this one then I'm all for it, but you need to do it equally to ALL parties who abuse the Classifieds. I'm only saying that it makes no sense to jump on this guy for his transparency about what he's doing but ignore the ones who've been abusing the system for a while now. I may be alone in my opinion, and I accept that. :twocents:

EDIT: Just saw shooter's post, feel free to delete this post if you see fit.

Well, the topic is hoosiertopics. INGO is being used as a yardstick to measure the quality of hoosiertopics.
    So discussion of the INGO classifieds is valid in this thread.
    Yes, I do see the "live in the classifieds" posters, they followed the rules
    as they are currently written so.... :dunno:
    Yes, it makes a difference in where I shop. I don't have to buy and don't.
    You are free to make you mind up accordingly.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    lol. Im so glad i started this thread. It has provided me with more entertainment than I could have hoped.

ALSO...according to an email I got a few weeks ago from some HTRR (hoosier topics riff raff) they dont make .32 s&w ammo anymore. I guess i'm in real trouble!!!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    lol. Im so glad i started this thread. It has provided me with more entertainment than I could have hoped.

ALSO...according to an email I got a few weeks ago from some HTRR (hoosier topics riff raff) they dont make .32 s&w ammo anymore. I guess i'm in real trouble!!!

Luckily I have some for sale. I may have to raise my price though since it's now no longer made.:D

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Well I heard a rumor that there is like 9 or 300 or so people on HT that wanna talk about guns and shtf stuff but almost everyone there just wants to sell guns!:rolleyes: :popcorn:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Well I heard a rumor that there is like 9 or 300 or so people...

Well, I can understand your confusion on the number. People use different handles for every comment and even use other peoples names when they get into flame wars. You really have no clue how many are actually there. :rolleyes:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have noticed that some of the guns for sale on HT are also for sale here, in the classifieds. I have had 3 good buying experiences, and 2 selling on HT. Yes there is a lot of BS and babies and name calling.
    Everytime someone feels its their responsabilty to point out that someone's price is too much, then it bumps a legit ad off of the bottom.
    Some days it's just pure entertainment at what these people will post.
    I haven't sold on HT in quite awhile, but I do ck. it thru out the day too see if there is a deal to be had. Also as far as some of the ads go, they tend to leave out almost all info. Such as "AK-47 for trade" They leave out make, model, condition, what might come with it, and so on.
    Just my :twocents:.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Trying to sell my Ultra Slug w/ scope on there.. This guy is acting all interested trying to work out a location in Terre Haute near him when my ad clearly says west side Indy. We get a location in the middle where my friend lives and he is gonna meet the guy. So at this point its just a matter of meeting right? WRONG! He counter offers $170 and NASCAR crap to trade. I tell him NO TRADES. Then he says he needs to meet in Terre Haute and would I take $150 and NASCAR stuff and some other "collectibles"... The sad thing is he was serious the whole time. He was not trolling or trying to be a dick.. The man is clearly an idiot tho.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom