• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    And as far as I know, car insurance isn't optional....

I'm going to :hijack: for a second.

In Indiana, car insurance is optional as long as you provide proof to the state that you can provide financial responsibility. For more info, read through the code:

http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title9/ar25/ch4.html

http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title9/ar25/ch5.html

However, unless you are a multi-millionaire, I'd advise getting insurance.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer nor am I giving legal advice. This is just my opinion based upon my understanding of the law.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm going to :hijack: for a second.

In Indiana, car insurance is optional as long as you provide proof to the state that you can provide financial responsibility. For more info, read through the code:

http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title9/ar25/ch4.html

http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title9/ar25/ch5.html

However, unless you are a multi-millionaire, I'd advise getting insurance.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer nor am I giving legal advice. This is just my opinion based upon my understanding of the law.

That is a good point, and I did forget that little part, but regardless how you look at it, it's still force. In reality, driving without car insurance is not a choice.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    FYI I got a recording (of bayh) saying they are experiencing high call volumes and to leave a message.....

First time I've ever called Bayh's office and not gotten a person. People must be PISSED. I will keep calling back until I get thru.

As to Lugar, they could normally careless. I just got off the phone with his washington office and the lady said "he is planning to vote against it". I made sure to say that several reps in the house have changed their mind and I'll be watching VERY closely as to the senator's vote. As usual I had to FORCE her to take my name and town. At least Bayh's office pretends they care and takes your info without being prompted.
    Bayh:
    (202) 224-5623
    (202) 228-1377 fax

Lugar:
    (202) 224-4814 p
    (202) 228-0360 f

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    How many memebers are elected to the indiana State legislature, and how many people get elected in indiana to represent us in washington?

Now how many members does INGO Have? 6K plus right?

I feel an ingo takeover of indiana polotics in 2010.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    just beware!

npelosi225w.jpg

bwhamilton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    every member who voted for that bill is a traitor to the constitution.

there are nearly 2,000 pages.... hundreds of congressmen voted on the stimulus package without reading it all (or having their staff condense it) and this is 2x larger!

Pelosi should be dragged from her office and given a public trial. She has consistently lied to her constituents and her fellow congressmen. Hell, she promised a 72 hr online post of the WHOLE bill before a vote. Violated that one as fast as she could.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Canned response. The hubster works at a place where all 3000 employees were encouraged to send a letter to him regarding the taxation of medical stuff...less than 10% did - but that's another rant.
    Hammer's letter and my hubster's letter hit completely different points and warranted a completely different answer.
    It's word for word identical.

Canned response. The hubster works at a place where all 3000 employees were encouraged to send a letter to him regarding the taxation of medical stuff...less than 10% did - but that's another rant.
    Hammer's letter and my hubster's letter hit completely different points and warranted a completely different answer.
    It's word for word identical.

ALL congressional letters are canned.

Period, full stop.

Staffers just don't have the time to respond to each letter on its own merit.

I interned for a member of Parliament in Canada for a month during the summer last year (for no pay, though, as it is illegal under Canadian law to allow foreigners to work in Parliament for remuneration), and my sole responsibilities were to answer the phone, take notes at caucus meetings, build a database of donors to spam with solicitations for financial contributions for the next campaign, and to respond to constituents' concerns by writing drafts (canned-spamcakes) regarding my member's (and his party's) stance regarding each bill (C-51 was an especially arduous, long, piece of crap bit of legislation that gave me no end of headaches...) If I had taken the time to respond to each constituent's particular, often-rambling concerns, there wouldn't have been time to do anything else.... mail POURED in each day. The only day there wasn't mail was during the Monday of their 'Long Weekend,' which is some kind of official holiday there. Hell, given the relative inefficiency of our House of Representatives to their House of Commons, I'm surprised anyone in Congress even replied.

I've sent Evan Bayh and Mr. Former-Sheriff over three dozen letters - which were my own, and NOT spamcakes, even - concerning very common concerns about legislation, and I've yet to receive a reply from either of their offices, save Mr. Bayh emailing me once to remind me how hard he's "working for us."

Our legislatures, national and State, are nothing but a sink into which we're draining our time and money. What a joke they have become.

Amongst the Inuit, it's practice that anyone who seems eager for the position of chief is automatically disqualified from holding the position.

Wish that applied here at home.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    every member who voted for that bill is a traitor to the constitution.

there are nearly 2,000 pages.... hundreds of congressmen voted on the stimulus package without reading it all (or having their staff condense it) and this is 2x larger!

Pelosi should be dragged from her office and given a public trial. She has consistently lied to her constituents and her fellow congressmen. Hell, she promised a 72 hr online post of the WHOLE bill before a vote. Violated that one as fast as she could.

You know, it's funny, I never heard anyone complain when the USA PATRIOT Act (and it's subsequent renewal) were passed, despite the illegal wiretaps and similar un-Constitutional powergrabs, illegal mergers of local, State, & national law enforcement, and infringement of other Constitutional rights. It's strange when that selective silence happens, because I feel the same way about every Congressperson who voted for that act, too: they're treasonous at best, and traitors to the ideals of the sole document which they were elected to further...

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    You know, it's funny, I never heard anyone complain when the USA PATRIOT Act (and it's subsequent renewal) were passed, despite the illegal wiretaps and similar un-Constitutional powergrabs, illegal mergers of local, State, & national law enforcement, and infringement of other Constitutional rights.

Then you weren't listening to the right people. Plenty of us in the libertarian camp were raising holy hell when USA PATRIOT was rammed through.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The only solution to what ails this country is a total eradication of leftist ideology. No, I'm not talking violence. How do we do it? We do absolutely nothing. The producers need to go on strike. Get many years of preps ready and be ready to whether the storm. It will be painful but the communists in our society will die of their own policies. Who is John Galt?

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm actually inclined to hope for "real" conservatives to come forward and lead. I'm tired of settling for the lesser of two...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMlxF7Qctik]YouTube - Behney in Warsaw - Lawyers[/ame]

People are stepping forward to run. But they won't get there without your support.

There are all sorts of tricky ways to keep the incumbents in power. For US Senate Races, people like Mr Behney have to collect over 500 signatures from registered voters in each of the 9 indiana districts just to be placed on the ballot.

That alone is a huge undertaking. (BTW: if any of you would like some of the forms to collect signatures on to get Richard on the ballot, PM and I'll make it happen). We still need to get large numbers from North-West and Southern Indiana - otherwise, it's just more politicians running against Bayh this fall.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    You know, it's funny, I never heard anyone complain when the USA PATRIOT Act (and it's subsequent renewal) were passed, despite the illegal wiretaps and similar un-Constitutional powergrabs, illegal mergers of local, State, & national law enforcement, and infringement of other Constitutional rights. It's strange when that selective silence happens, because I feel the same way about every Congressperson who voted for that act, too: they're treasonous at best, and traitors to the ideals of the sole document which they were elected to further...

+1 I'd rep you if I had any to give right now... :yesway:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

What hole were you living in? I heard tons of complaining about the Patriot Act... and did a whole lot of complaining myself... :dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    We'd better not sleep in on election day next year, or we'll surely regret it. And it doesn't start there, either....we've got to do our homework this time around, find the right people for office, and spend every spare second we can helping them get there.

This country's government is overdue for an overhaul. Politicians in general have forgotten that their power is a means to an end, not an end in and of itself. They've forgotten who they work for, and that in the end they're ultimately accountable, to us, for the actions and decisions they make while in office.

Every public official that voted for this bill needs to be looking for work next year. And the only people that can make that a reality is you, me, and the guy next to you. Go out and start talking to people....get em good and riled up about this, so that they've got something other than fantasy football and "So You Think You Can Dance" to be concerned about.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    We'd better not sleep in on election day next year, or we'll surely regret it. And it doesn't start there, either....we've got to do our homework this time around, find the right people for office, and spend every spare second we can helping them get there.

This is what you(collective) should have been doing all along. Then we wouldn't be in this mess!

Top Bottom