• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    We need to have an amendment legislating politeness.

Yeah! we need to have legislation so that we could charge people with "Butt Hurt" crimes!! That way the DOJ could keep track of how many people get their feelings hurt from impolite remarks ;)

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Sooooo.....it's not cool to give fed money to states with "shoot first" laws because of the rise in self defense shootings but it's ok to send fed money to Planned Parenthood? Never saw an unborn child pose a lethal threat to anyone.

Whateve's :rolleyes:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    "'Shoot-first' laws have already cost too many lives. In Florida alone, deaths due to self-defense have tripled since the law was enacted. Federal money shouldn't be spent supporting states with laws that endanger their own people," said Reps. Raul Grijalva of Arizona and Keith Ellison of Minnesota

I hate to say it, but if this is true and deaths due to self defense has tripled is that really all bad? I am not as concerned about how many people are getting shot as much as who is getting shot. Don't get me wrong all life is precious and use of force is a last resort, but if more criminals find themselves on the wrong end of a barrel then so be it.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Sooooo.....it's not cool to give fed money to states with "shoot first" laws because of the rise in self defense shootings but it's ok to send fed money to Planned Parenthood? Never saw an unborn child pose a lethal threat to anyone.

^^^^^BINGO^^^^^

RBM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Judah
    That and, we need an amendment against stupid, career politicians and give the people the right to fire them with out waiting till the election...

Notice the non pink.

That would be Awesome, but the cronies would never let that go through.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County

Twice as many criminals have been shot!? Holy crap that sounds great! Yes, Treyvon was a tragedy, but I seriously doubt Zimmerman thought that he would shoot him just because of the stand your ground law.

Is it cheaper to shoot them dead, or to keep them in prison, let them out to commit more crimes, and then keep putting them in prison again? Once again the Dems have taken the side of the "poor" criminal than the honest people.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    "'Shoot-first' laws have already cost too many lives. In Florida alone, deaths due to self-defense have tripled since the law was enacted. Federal money shouldn't be spent supporting states with laws that endanger their own people," said Reps. Raul Grijalva of Arizona and Keith Ellison of Minnesota

I hate to say it, but if this is true and deaths due to self defense has tripled is that really all bad? I am not as concerned about how many people are getting shot as much as who is getting shot. Don't get me wrong all life is precious and use of force is a last resort, but if more criminals find themselves on the wrong end of a barrel then so be it.

That's a very good point. Incrementalism working in our favor with this line of thinking. More criminals getting shot, less criminals on the street, less crime, more people make the connection and more people start exercising their 2a rights. Might take some time but it's definitely a winning formula.

Like it :yesway:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Twice as many criminals have been shot!? Holy crap that sounds great! Yes, Treyvon was a tragedy, but I seriously doubt Zimmerman thought that he would shoot him just because of the stand your ground law.

Is it cheaper to shoot them dead, or to keep them in prison, let them out to commit more crimes, and then keep putting them in prison again? Once again the Dems have taken the side of the "poor" criminal than the honest people.

Exactly! All these "reactionary" laws that spring up from a single instance here or there are ridiculous.

RBM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Judah

Criminals have always had more rights than the law abiding. IMO.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think the house should vote on seat belt and helmet laws. Sure they do save lives but there have also been instances when wearing them they have been a contributing factor in fatalities as as well. Bunch'a knee jerks :rolleyes:

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    Hey guys, this hit ~20 minutes ago.

Democrats withdraw Trayvon amendment - Washington Times

Just take this into further consideration.

Rep. Keith Ellison, Minnesota Democrat, said he will still try to force a debate at a more "appropriate" time in the future, saying action is demanded by the case of Trayvon Martin, the Florida teenager who police said was shot dead in a street encounter with a neighborhood watch volunteer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Perhaps those states affected by this bill (should it pass) should withold funds typically sent to DC to fund the anti-gun legislators. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You don't like what we do? We don't like what you do. You stop giving us stuff? We stop giving you stuff.

That would be the start of it.

I knew when the MSM blew this up it would end up this way. They can not let it go.

Edit, just read above post, they pulled it. Must have failed in the exit polling..........................:rockwoot:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Thank goodness for that.

We still need to stay on top of this, though. They say they still want to bring it up "at a more appropriate time."

**** that. There is NO appropriate time to trample citizens rights and strip us of our freedoms.

I think I just crossed the line from "moderately unhappy with the government in general" over to "I'll be wearing my tinfoil hat to bed, thanks."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thank goodness for that.

We still need to stay on top of this, though. They say they still want to bring it up "at a more appropriate time."

**** that. There is NO appropriate time to trample citizens rights and strip us of our freedoms.

I think I just crossed the line from "moderately unhappy with the government in general" over to "I'll be wearing my tinfoil hat to bed, thanks."

Will the tinfoil make the voices stop...............:n00b:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not likely, unless they speak Spanish. Then you're good.

Pulled in 5 hours. That's pretty fast for our Government...

The ice was to thin for something like this right now. Bet the plugged was pulled from the big boy chair. This kid was no Brady.

Only hear Spanish on Thursday's and Saturdays. At least I can sleep then.

Top Bottom