• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    In civilian life, I was always taught that manners were the grease that reduces friction.
    I try not to burn the bridge, but it gets closed once in a while...

I did what was best for me & the wife, just wondering how others would have handled it.
    As for 'Validation', I sleep fine at night, and the wife still feeds me, that's all the validation I need.

As for 'Constraint'...
    That's another thing entirely.
    Since the guys replying are the same bunch that admit to road rage, 'Rolling Coal', then rant & rave about how disrespectful EVERYONE ELSE (and their dogs!) are and how everyone else SHOULDN'T do those very things to them...

You get what you give, be polite at the very least, or YOU become part of the problem.
    When you are polite or at least controlled, you ARE NOT part of the problem.
    It's REAL simple, and I think even the most popular religion books try to teach that very idea/ideal.

The other thing about ranting arguments and civilian incidental violence,
    It's a deflection from something.
    Either the person isn't educated enough to carry on a rational conversation,
    Or they use aggression to cover inadequacy/mistake.
    Smoke & mirrors.

The lack of constraint on both sides created this situation, and every road rage incident, every domestic abuse case, etc.
    You either take it as a lesson, or you learn everything the hard way.

-------------

I'm not law enforcement, and I'm not a judge/jury.

Since soccer moms called police, and since Mr. Melted down, foul mouthed open carry didn't reach for his firearm,
    The women started it with someone just as idiotic as they were,
    He was dumb enough to argue rather than simply put the firearm in his pocket instead of letting it flop around at face level for children, which triggered the soccer moms in the first place, and he wasn't about to correct/defuse the situation in the slightest...

I'm no judge, both sides have an absloute right to be as stupid as they want to be.

Keep in mind I wasn't picking sides, both were entirely too stupid for me to side with,
    The women started it, he escalated it, neither side approached it like adults, and children will be children, no matter what the age...

I don't need 'Approval', I'm a full grown man, and the red faced name calling match with 6th grade posturing didn't interest me in the least other than there was a firearm involved around kids.

Did you really say “he was dumb enough to argue rather than simply put his firearm in his pocket”?

So much wrong with this. Just because someone’s offended by my 2A right doesn’t mean I need to conceal it, and it’s not my fault if she’s triggered because of that.

2nd, you honestly think the best course of action is to grab my safely holstered weapon, in public, to “move it to my pocket” to keep it from dangling in children’s faces?

K

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    We try and be 2-A advocates. We love to converse with sane people. But after 2 conversations with the managers at Miejers (Sp) and one at the speedway Krogers from psycho soccer moms loosing what little minds they have left it is getting pretty old. The Krogers manager got a good laugh as what the idiot thought was a holster is the holder for a flashlight and my knife. If I am working or will be I more often than not have a multi-tool a flash light and a nice leather holster for my ZT-301 on my belt. The light and knife print. Hilarious. Manager was laughing when he walked back past the soccer mom. She was not pleased.
    The S&W 642 was buried out of sight.

On the other side, with all the public place shootings, everyone has been told, If you see something, say something!
    When anyone open carries, they are BEGGING for a confrontation and/or police encounter...
    It's common sense, which a crap ton of people lack today.

If you want to make a statement, use your mouth/1st amendment rights.

Since I run a gunsmith shop, I've met people at the door, at low ready when they ignore the unload signs and sand barrel...
    Maybe customer that thinks the signs don't apply to *Him*, or maybe some A-hole looking to commit an armed robbery.
    Either way, I'M going home tonight.
    Failure to comply makes YOUR chances of going home tonight go down considerably...
    If you are too stupid/arrogant to comply, you aren't going to be a customer anyway!

The driveway alarm and motion sensor cameras alert me most of the time to someone before they enter, so I usually have eyes on them before they grab the door knob.

The local gun store has a gallon jar that is nearly full of live rounds where people ignore the 'Keep It Holstered' signs and whip out a loaded firearm...
    They also get 'Muzzle' correction, and the LSG keeps the round ejected for the jar.

Stupid is as stupid does.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Did you really say “he was dumb enough to argue rather than simply put his firearm in his pocket”?

So much wrong with this. Just because someone’s offended by my 2A right doesn’t mean I need to conceal it, and it’s not my fault if she’s triggered because of that.

2nd, you honestly think the best course of action is to grab my safely holstered weapon, in public, to “move it to my pocket” to keep it from dangling in children’s faces?

K

There is a possibility Mr. Open Carry doesn't have 2A rights about now, depending on how police handled it and what video caught, what the soccer moms were willing to swear to on a complaint.
    From 'Emotionally Disturbed' to disturbing the peace, to terroristic threats, I'd say any/all would make a pretty solid case from what I saw/heard.
    There wasn't a shooting, that would have made the regional news, but I haven't talked to anyone about how it ended.

I think you convinced me, I believe I need to see the chief of police tomorrow and tell him what we saw/heard.
    After all, it's Mr. Open Carry has a 'Right' to have all the information out there.
    While the soccer moms lost it about a firearm within reach of children, the insults/threats, and threatening posturing of Mr. Open Carry needs to have a couple of eye witnesses come forward...

I'm just running errands tomorrow anyway, I might as well support everyone's 'Rights'.

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    On the other side, with all the public place shootings, everyone has been told, If you see something, say something!
    When anyone open carries, they are BEGGING for a confrontation and/or police encounter...

Since I run a gunsmith shop, I've met people at the door, at low ready when they ignore the unload signs and sand barrel...
    Maybe customer that thinks the signs don't apply to *Him*, or maybe some A-hole looking to commit an armed robbery.
    Failure to comply makes YOUR chances of going home tonight go down considerably...
    If you are too stupid/arrogant to comply, you aren't going to be a customer anyway!

The driveway alarm and motion sensor cameras alert me most of the time to someone before they enter, so I usually have eyes on them before they grab the door knob.

The local gun store has a gallon jar that is nearly full of live rounds where people ignore the 'Keep It Holstered' signs and whip out a loaded firearm...
    They also get 'Muzzle' correction, and the LSG keeps the round ejected for the jar.

I can't imagine walking into a gunsmiths business with a firearm in my hand and the proprietor has a gun in his hand at low ready....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can't imagine walking into a gunsmiths business with a firearm in my hand and the proprietor has a gun in his hand at low ready....

NearEagerDaddylonglegs-size_restricted.gif

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I’ve heard some ignorant bull**** in my time, but this has to be some of the most ignorant bull**** I’ve heard in a while.

As for open carry...
    Doesn't matter who it is outside of military or law enforcement, I'm watching you and I have one chambered, my carry is popped loose from the holster or in my lap,
    Since I don't know WHY you choose to pack an open firearm into a public place, you are on the top of my immediate threat list since people shoot up restaurants & movie theaters, schools & churches...
    Having actual training and NOT trying to make a political statement (political/religious gun toting types always make the hair on my neck stand up) I keep mine concealed.

There is a reason I don't drink anymore, I don't handle the rude very well, and someone with no manners open carrying around my friends/family in an inappropriate situation might just be misunderstood.
    Since I don't know if that random person is legal or not, they obviously have something to 'Prove' and aren't socially adept enough to understand the situation is inappropriate, a clear head makes for accurate evaluation and if necessary, shooting.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

Please tell me the name of your shop.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by JeepHammer Since I run a gunsmith shop

Please mods, let him have a free advertisement, just this once.

Tell us the name and address of this business, I would hate to walk in there by mistake.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I have my gun of choice, it's summer, and harder to conceal. I prefer to conceal. But it's not a deal breaker.
    Wearing shorts Sunday, I open carried. The security guard at Shoppers World was shadowing my wife and I and our granddaughter. I was wondering if I was breaking a no weapons policy.
    Also, I bought a very large cabinet there, pulled the truck up to the front of the store, opened the bed cover and dropped the tailgate. He met me at the door and asked me if I was picking something up. :rofl:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I would not bother correcting "gun" for "firearm". We call them guns too. We have much more important information to share with newbies than quibbling over semantics, so I choose my battles.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK. Now I have to step in and say keep it civil. Instead of enjoying my :coffee: on the deck and experiencing this beautiful morning................:n00b:

Top Bottom