• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There is a reason I don't drink anymore, I don't handle the rude very well, and someone with no manners open carrying around my friends/family in an inappropriate situation might just be misunderstood.
    Since I don't know if that random person is legal or not, they obviously have something to 'Prove' and aren't socially adept enough to understand the situation is inappropriate, a clear head makes for accurate evaluation and if necessary, shooting.
    I'm not so sure alcohol is to blame.

You seem to have your mind made up about OC, and have little room for flexibility when it comes to other gun owners (hence the low ready at the shop door).
    If I'm there (OC) at a restaurant with my family, and I catch you constantly giving me the stink eye and coonfingering at your hip, what am I suppose to think?

Without any other interaction with me, you've already judged me because of my method of carry. That ain't right.

You've a level of niggling and disapproving that my ego likes, but my superego fears.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Regardless of who, what, where, why or how..... the OCer is still going to outdraw the CCer just on availability alone. :draw:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Without any other interaction with me, you've already judged me because of my method of carry. That ain't right.

This is my main problem with his post. I thought we were all on the same team, after I got more involved in finding other gun owners I’m learning people are very quick to throw their own to the wolves if they disagree with how they exercise their right.

Also where he claims he should’ve put it in his pocket. Why? Because someone yelled at him for his legal activity, he should have to change it to make a stranger feel better? And grabbing it in public to move it and put it away? By the sounds of it, if he would’ve grabbed it to put it in his pocket, the guy concealing the gun behind him while giving him the Clint Eastwood stink eye would’ve shot him.

I have a feeling this thread was created for the sole purpose of ranting and stirring up a hornets nest. :twocents:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    After reading the original and several of the follow up posts, it sounds like the guy OC'ing, while handling the situation far less than optimally, was probably the safest/sanest person at the restaurant. At least he didn't start a verbal altercation with an armed person or prepare to draw down on one for no better reason than that they were armed.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ....I think you convinced me, I believe I need to see the chief of police tomorrow and tell him what we saw/heard.
    After all, it's Mr. Open Carry has a 'Right' to have all the information out there.
    While the soccer moms lost it about a firearm within reach of children, the insults/threats, and threatening posturing of Mr. Open Carry needs to have a couple of eye witnesses come forward...

I'm just running errands tomorrow anyway, I might as well support everyone's 'Rights'.

.........Since I run a gunsmith shop, I've met people at the door, at low ready when they ignore the unload signs and sand barrel...

Fhu5hRE.gif

Mr. OC (while minding his own bidness) has a verbal encounter with someone else who wrongfully "attacked/berated" him.......
    and you, big fella, have your gun in hand when dealing with someone (who you invited to your shop/residence)........

As for open carry...
    Doesn't matter who it is outside of military or law enforcement, I'm watching you and I have one chambered, my carry is popped loose from the holster or in my lap,
    Since I don't know WHY you choose to pack an open firearm into a public place, you are on the top of my immediate threat list since people shoot up restaurants & movie theaters, schools & churches...

2 instances in this thread alone of you having your gun out in hand ready to shoot someone who is not an immediate threat and minding their own business...

Where do you live again and what is the number for your local PD?
    Just want to make sure all the information about someones behavior is out there to protect everyone's 'Rights'.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to printcraft again.

Notice how he puts rights in parenthesis, like he thinks theirs aren’t as significant or important as his.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    If I was planning to shoot up some place I certainly wouldn’t walk in open carry. Wouldn’t want to get killed by some trigger happy nutjob before I even had a chance to do something illegal. That would likely ruin my day....

I think im done here.

Top Bottom