• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Personal experience? Nope. It's a retarded invention. And it's very unsafe.

ALL guns SHOULD ALWAYS be carried in a holster. Nothing else.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Personal experience? Nope. It's a retarded invention. And it's very unsafe.

ALL guns SHOULD ALWAYS be carried in a holster. Nothing else.

Interesting. I almost always holster carry when I can. Then there are times when it is inconvenient...sort of like when I'm forced to carry a small 9mm. Then it is good to have options...options that seem to work just fine.

I do have some holsters for my long guns, cases too. Sometimes I'll carry with a sling, other times I prefer to carry it in my hands when I think that's prudent. Same sort of discussion.

A holster is just a way to secure the weapon to your body in a convenient place to bring it into use. So, realistically, any device that can secure the weapon to your body in a manner that will bring it into convenient use should suffice.

I prefer a holster because it provides better protection for the weapon. I also prefer having a weapon as to not so consider the clip one option to secure the weapon to me in a place ready to access. I have several pairs of trousers that have clip slots built into them...large enough for a pocket knife that lend them selves perfectly to securing this pistol.

Pick what works for you I suppose.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It's a retarded invention. And it's very unsafe.

How exactly? Using the clip I have never had the weapon come loose unintentionally. I have had weapons unintentionally depart holsters before...but that was in strange circumstances. I don't see how one designed for your weapon, to clip to your belt, is any more safe or unsafe than a holster designed to clip to your belt that you carry the pistol in.

athyen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    Tipton county
    WOW!!! This thread has grown much more than I ever thought it would. Thank you for the great info guys! I am sure I am not the only one that appreciates the knowledge.

:stickpoke:

Just poking a little in good fun to get folks to keep in mind that choice of how one dresses is as much a factor in concealed carry as choice of gun, holster, location, etc.

No worries, I took it all in fun. I have learned that when on the internet, its best to take everything in fun, not in offense. Your good advice and insight more than makes up for it! :ingo:

I've never been able to pocket carry because my X's generally have their hands in my pockets...

Hey-oooo :ladiesman:

I've never felt comfortable with a pistol in my pocket. I envision too many possibilities of things going wrong. I've learned to always go low with my right arm when hugging someone (I'm right handed) and this forces the other person's left arm (on your right side) to go high. No accidental discovery or puzzled looks this way.

I carry my sig P229 in IWB on my right side. When I hug someone, I used my right arm go under whoever I was hugging, so their arm would be above my arm, not touching anything under.

This is solid advice from both of you. Lately, I have found myself making sure to keep my arms low when hugging. The surprise hug, or around the back arm grab still poses problems though. Most people have been finding the spare magazine before the gun.

Easy with the name calling Thor and Lovemachine. This thread wasnt meant to start an argument...

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Name calling? Strong opinions maybe...everyone's got them. If I was going to call Lovemachine anything it would probably be Lovemachine. But then again I could never call another person that may be a guy Lovemachine with a straight face.

Now, if that was the name of a Jeep I could do that being the owner of a 79 CJ7 Golden Eagle with a 360V8 4bbl...

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Name calling? Strong opinions maybe...everyone's got them. If I was going to call Lovemachine anything it would probably be Lovemachine. But then again I could never call another person that may be a guy Lovemachine with a straight face.

Now, if that was the name of a Jeep I could do that being the owner of a 79 CJ7 Golden Eagle with a 360V8 4bbl...

If a handgun is carried, and it is not in a holster, the chances of an accident discharge are higher. If you bend down and catch the corner of a desk just right...or snag yourself on any number of pointy type objects you run the risk. I know it seems highly unlikely, but it happens way to often. And it always makes the non-gun people think us gun people are crazy or irresponsible at best. Some think the clip thing is cool, but you might consider rethinking it.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Desantis Nemesis pocket holster in my right front pocket. This works in jeans, cargo shorts, and dress pants. My jeans are mostly Wrangler relaxed fit.

I never put anything else into that pocket.

Same here except with an Uncle Mike's holster, NOTHING else in my right front pocket, and extra mag in left front pocket. This setup has worked very well for over 5 years now. But it's essential to practice; draw, fire, retrieve extra mag to make sure you'll instinctively react is the situation ever arises.

athyen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    Tipton county
    I would never think of carrying anything else in a pocket that has a gun in it. Even if the pistol was in a holster!

When I have to...and don't want to print, it's a LCP with the DeSantis Holster.

View attachment 34474

What is the appeal of this type of holster? Just to hold the pistol upright in your pocket? I feel like the opening for the trigger defeats the purpose of the holster...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I pocket carry a S&W Shield in a DeSantis Nemisis when I'm wearing pants with pockets big enough. When I'm not wearing pants, it's OC!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I would never think of carrying anything else in a pocket that has a gun in it. Even if the pistol was in a holster!

What is the appeal of this type of holster? Just to hold the pistol upright in your pocket? I feel like the opening for the trigger defeats the purpose of the holster...

I agree with both points! With this holster, I believe you can fire the pistol while it is still in the holster. While I can see that as a plus in certain circumstances, it does reduce the safety factor you would normally get from having a holster while pocket carrying.

athyen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    Tipton county
    I agree with both points! With this holster, I believe you can fire the pistol while it is still in the holster. While I can see that as a plus in certain circumstances, it does reduce the safety factor you would normally get from having a holster while pocket carrying.

Yeah, I understand having the accessibility to the trigger. I just don't think I would ever want to carry a pistol with the trigger unsecured. To me, that holster is just about the same as the clip discussion earlier in the thread.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom