• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    +1 on what BigTanker posted... SmartCarry is the original "over-your-junk" in-front carry option. It's very comfortable and can conceal anything from a 32acp Seecamp to a full size 45acp 1911. You can conceal in swim trunks and no shirt with this thing. I read where this is the first choice for the "US Air Marshalls" when they were running flights all over. Go here and watch the video, works for both male/female CCW folks.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I would never think of carrying anything else in a pocket that has a gun in it. Even if the pistol was in a holster!

What is the appeal of this type of holster? Just to hold the pistol upright in your pocket? I feel like the opening for the trigger defeats the purpose of the holster...

Athyen, it is designed to be fired from the holster. I use this guy when I need to be real low key, people think it's a wallet. I even had it in my pocket at the Chiropractor and the lady next to me made a comment to her husband..."see that fellow keeps his wallet in his front pocket so it doesn't mess up his sitting posture"

This is my last option and I usually carry OWB (covered) but after practicing/shooting in the holster, I feel confident all will be well.

Here is some YouTube guy shooting one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL11s-m3hHQ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I currently carry a Springfield Armory XDM 3.8 compact, primarily AIWB. It is a fantastic gun and I love shooting it and carrying everyday. However, there are times when I wish my XDM was a little smaller. Especially when carrying at some of the touchier places such as church, extended family, and my gf's family. I've gotten a puzzled "what is that?" look after hugs before... I am in the search for a smaller "pocket" pistol and a good way to carry it. Right now I seem to be pretty settled on a Sig P238 on P938. This is where my dilemma begins. Where to carry such a small pistol??? I realize that "in my pocket" seems like the obvious response... However, between phones, keys, wallet, and my knife, pocket real estate is very limited. I really like AIWB but wonder how stable such a small pistol will be in that location? IWB at 4 or 5 o'clock is also appealing, but I worry about flashing the gun when bending over or while playing with the younger kids. So, what do you guys suggest???

Edit: Mods, is this posted in the correct place?

Personally, I suggest not worrying about it so much. Wear a sport coat or a jacket to church to conceal at church and do the classic CC squat when and if you have to interact with knee-high ankle biters. For those awkward hugs, they're awful close if they're feeling an AIWB gun anyway. I'm assuming close family and possibly the GF's family. For close family, I would assume they already know and for the GF, they're going to find out eventually anyway. Either non-nonchalantly inform or back your hugs up a bit.

You could also go with IWB at 4 o'clock. You won't even need a small gun for this if you're wearing a proper shirt/jacket. When I need to be discreet that's my method of choice even with a tucked in polo shirt and a mid sized compact gun. Again, discreet hugging if needed and the CC squat will be your friends.

athyen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    Tipton county
    Athyen, it is designed to be fired from the holster. I use this guy when I need to be real low key, people think it's a wallet. I even had it in my pocket at the Chiropractor and the lady next to me made a comment to her husband..."see that fellow keeps his wallet in his front pocket so it doesn't mess up his sitting posture"

This is my last option and I usually carry OWB (covered) but after practicing/shooting in the holster, I feel confident all will be well.

Here is some YouTube guy shooting one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL11s-m3hHQ

Hmmm, I see. I guess it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Why put the gun in a holster if the holster doesn't cover the trigger? But, to each their own!

Personally, I suggest not worrying about it so much. Wear a sport coat or a jacket to church to conceal at church and do the classic CC squat when and if you have to interact with knee-high ankle biters. For those awkward hugs, they're awful close if they're feeling an AIWB gun anyway. I'm assuming close family and possibly the GF's family. For close family, I would assume they already know and for the GF, they're going to find out eventually anyway. Either non-nonchalantly inform or back your hugs up a bit.

You could also go with IWB at 4 o'clock. You won't even need a small gun for this if you're wearing a proper shirt/jacket. When I need to be discreet that's my method of choice even with a tucked in polo shirt and a mid sized compact gun. Again, discreet hugging if needed and the CC squat will be your friends.

4-5 o'clock is my other carry location of choice when not carrying appendix. I like it also, especially when tucking a shirt in around it. Haha, I am working on mastering the discreet hug and have the CC squat mastered!

ncuster852

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2014
    Brownsburg
    In my pocket.... Sorry couldn't resist.

Anyway, I carry either a BG380 or a KAHR CM9 (both backups) in a Nemesis. Looking to upgrade but cant find anywhere with a large selection of different pocket holsters.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Whatever my mood for the day, weather, season, etc. helps me determine where to carry my P938. IWB in an N82 (pro) or On Your Six (kydex), OWB in a Galco leather or in the front pocket in leather. The benefit of a small pistol is that it gives you so many options to choose from. ;)

sescbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Lawrence County
    For pocket carry I use an Alabama pocket holster or a Remora holster. The Remora can be used IWB also so it is a nice versatile option. I mainly use a Ryman all kydex IWB holster for EDC.

Top Bottom