• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If I decide to cover, I have a Hawaiian shirt and two fishing shirts with the sleeves cut off that I wear unbuttoned.

I currently only carry my 1911 OWB openly.

I've been using Hawaiian/other shirts for sloppy CC for years. They work.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I love Hawaiian shirts.

Me too. I had two muted patterns that I wore as golf shirts. Wife HATED them. Used to put them on just to push her buttons. "You are NOT going out with me dressed in THAT! Throw that thing away!" :):
    I would tell her that no, I liked it and it still fit.

Fast forward 15 years and I ended up throwing them out because they no longer fit. :(

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Me too. I had two muted patterns that I wore as golf shirts. Wife HATED them. Used to put them on just to push her buttons. "You are NOT going out with me dressed in THAT! Throw that thing away!" :):

Fast forward 15 years and I ended up throwing them out because they no longer fit. :(

You're a younger guy Cm. The day is coming when when wearing Hawaiian shirts will be "age appropriate" :laugh:

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Hey Tom 2a: I enjoy the Magnum Shirt, VMO2 Ball Cap, POW-MIA Bracelet, 1911A1, even shorts and tan loafers! 80's best show! Yes would like to join in a SPB afternoon! Scott

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Back in the day it would be a Glock 23 or 27 strongside with a 442 carried SOB for summer, both in Galco leather. 2 spare mags offside, also in Galco. Cold weather I bumped up the caliber to my Glock 21, then had the 27 as backup in SOB, Galco leather of course.
    Nowadays I ditched the leather for kydex. Still carry Glocks, but now they are the G17, 26 and 42. I typically have 2 pistols if I am out and about.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I carry two full size M&P's on the belt everyday. I have been watching Clint Smith again and I am considering adding a third gun to the mix. Thinking about a Shield.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No more than three in the winter, two in the summer. I could carry more but don't get the point and more weapons equals more weapons to retain. I do like the strong side/ankle combo or appendix/pocket combo, as I think those "sets" have strengths that offset the weaknesses of each other. Winter often adds a coat pocket gun in the top coat.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico

You know they make different size Hawaiian shirts no matter what size you are? That would probably be easier than losing 15 years!

You can pick them up largely unworn at most any resell clothing store for 5-7 bucks. Watch the ones made in India, they run really small. I’m 61, so “age appropriate” now. However, so many people I know have seen me open carry that the Hawaiian shirt is not really doing much. I don’t usually go untucked unless I need/want to conceal and don’t normally wear one unless I’m carrying. Once in a while I wear one to a school event, and will get a few looks while unarmed.

Im a tucked in shirt, collar and pocket guy, so I basically decided to open carry instead of change the way I dress. With some exceptions, but I NEVER wear a T shirt or sweat shirt. Wife KNOWS I’m strange, but has accepted it. For three years I heard “do you really need to carry a gun” but the last 5 it has been not a word, or “I’m glad you’re carrying. Our little town has gone thru some changes and we have a good share of people likely not here legally, largely due to a large meat packing plant.

Top Bottom