[video=youtube_share;4729J-lMiyI]https://youtu.be/4729J-lMiyI[/video]
    Surprised no one posted this. This is how many i can carry

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The most I've carried is two and that was doing a security job to have. Usually my Beretta 92 on my duty belt and a J frame in an ankle holster.

Now when I drive out of town, I usually have one on me and one safely stashed in the car.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have carried 3 a few times. Strong side belt, Weak hand pocket and ankle. But that was really just to show it could be done. I rarely carry a BUG but when I do it is usually weak side pocket because I am standing behind a gun counter. Driving the ankle holster would make a lot of sense.

GSquared

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Columbus
    I have carried 3 a few times. Strong side belt, Weak hand pocket and ankle. But that was really just to show it could be done. I rarely carry a BUG but when I do it is usually weak side pocket because I am standing behind a gun counter. Driving the ankle holster would make a lot of sense.

What about the one in your red purse? I seem to remember that once!!!

i have carried 3 at once a couple of times....strong and weak side belt 1911’s with a Shield in a pocket.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I still remember my first pistol class with Louis Awerbuck. One of the many things he said to me that changed the way I do things was during the part of the class when we worked on drawing and shooting our guns with our support hand only. I didn't have a prayer of reaching mine with my support hand, much less use any of the techniques for drawing/presenting that way. I had to do all of the drills with my dominant hand. At one point he said, "Joe, you need to consider carrying a second gun."

That dude knew more about this stuff than most of us combined will ever know.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    What about the one in your red purse? I seem to remember that once!!!

i have carried 3 at once a couple of times....strong and weak side belt 1911’s with a Shield in a pocket.

I am not as opposed to off body carry as other people. Just realize the limitations. I think I have a nice Brown purse now as well.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I am not as opposed to off body carry as other people. Just realize the limitations. I think I have a nice Brown purse now as well.
    But do you have a Paw Patrol bag?

Side note: I've been considering a vehicle permanent long gun. I don't carry a BUG, but would like a little more on the go. Perhaps a cheap(er) 12g. Thoughts anyone? I understand their are many considerations here (theft, temperature, accessibility)

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011

Side note: I've been considering a vehicle permanent long gun. I don't carry a BUG, but would like a little more on the go. Perhaps a cheap(er) 12g. Thoughts anyone? I understand their are many considerations here (theft, temperature, accessibility)

I decided to go the shotgun route a few years ago and don’t regret it.
    The base gun should not be temperature affected here in Indiana. Assuming you don’t over lube with water based type lubes. I went with a pump but even various auto’s have been 100% over the past 7 years or so.
    I will hit the range on the coldest day of the year and run my stuff and have never had any issues.
    Sure the metal is cold but after that first shot it seems like they all run just as smooth as a regular sunny day.
    You’ll likely want to add in a side saddle, sling and flashlight too. Again I have had no trouble with flashlights using CR123’s for the past 10 plus years.
    I am migrating towards RMR’s and cannot vouch for those yet. I guess the point is the more ‘stuff’ you add electronically then the more chance you have that something could fail so plan/train accordingly.
    Just my $.02

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Theft is the big consideration. A lot of crime guns are stolen from cars. The other is how to secure it from children.

I am a a big fan of shotguns. There are a lot of affordable options right now in Chinese, Mexican and Turkish pump guns. An old 870 Police or used Mossberg 500 would make a fine choice as well. Even a used single shot NEF would be serviceable. Think about how many shotguns rode around for years in patrol cars, replace the magazine springs periodically, keep some light oil on it.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I decided to go the shotgun route a few years ago and don’t regret it.
    The base gun should not be temperature affected here in Indiana. Assuming you don’t over lube with water based type lubes. I went with a pump but even various auto’s have been 100% over the past 7 years or so.
    I will hit the range on the coldest day of the year and run my stuff and have never had any issues.
    Sure the metal is cold but after that first shot it seems like they all run just as smooth as a regular sunny day.
    You’ll likely want to add in a side saddle, sling and flashlight too. Again I have had no trouble with flashlights using CR123’s for the past 10 plus years.
    I am migrating towards RMR’s and cannot vouch for those yet. I guess the point is the more ‘stuff’ you add electronically then the more chance you have that something could fail so plan/train accordingly.
    Just my $.02
    I have a Stevens 320 I put a shell card on. Fiber optic/ghost ring, pump. The light is on my AR, but will move it back to the 320 when I get a better one for the rifle.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have a Stevens 320 I put a shell card on. Fiber optic/ghost ring, pump. The light is on my AR, but will move it back to the 320 when I get a better one for the rifle.

I had a Stevens 320 with ghost ring sights. It shot fine. My only complaint was the lack of a shorter stock. But you are taller then I am. For a “truck gun” it needs a sling and extra ammo. Lights are nice on working guns, but not a deal killer for something you keep in the trunk. I have had good luck with the Streamlights on shotguns and they don’t break the bank.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I had a Stevens 320 with ghost ring sights. It shot fine. My only complaint was the lack of a shorter stock. But you are taller then I am. For a “truck gun” it needs a sling and extra ammo. Lights are nice on working guns, but not a deal killer for something you keep in the trunk. I have had good luck with the Streamlights on shotguns and they don’t break the bank.
    That truglo I got from BTB is ok. I'd like a streamlight on my AR, but cost is stopping me.
    Sling and shell card + loaded bandolier is already in play.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    How many? It depends on where I’m going. I always have at least a G27 on me but will drop a Sig P938 in the front pocket about 50% of the time. Even when heading into the city for dinner, which generally means adding a pair of spare mags and swapping the G27 out for a G23, G30 or P07, I like having the P938 in the front pocket. I can have a near full firing grip with the thumb knuckle riding the safety and trigger finger outside of the pocket holster along the frame. That would be the fastest response setup for me should a social situation suddenly develop.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Paging Rhino. Mr Rhino please pick up the white house phone.....

For the love of God, please don't tell me they let him in the White House...

rhino*

Somewhat Purple-ish**************Join Date

I still remember my first pistol class with Louis Awerbuck. One of the many things he said to me that changed the way I do things was during the part of the class when we worked on drawing and shooting our guns with our support hand only. I didn't have a prayer of reaching mine with my support hand, much less use any of the techniques for drawing/presenting that way. I had to do all of the drills with my dominant hand. At one point he said, "Joe, you need to consider carrying a second gun."

Which was really awkward, 'cause his name was Dave. But, you know, Louis Awerbuck... so he had it changed.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Way, way back in the day I remember an article wherein Massad Ayoob carried a ton of guns and knives (including in a folded newspaper) wearing nothing but a close-fitting T-shirt and jeans. Yeah, he was young and skinny back then.

Is it easier to conceal a lot of stuff when you’re skinny or fat? Please say fat!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Way, way back in the day I remember an article wherein Massad Ayoob carried a ton of guns and knives (including in a folded newspaper) wearing nothing but a close-fitting T-shirt and jeans. Yeah, he was young and skinny back then.

Is it easier to conceal a lot of stuff when you’re skinny or fat? Please say fat!

Fat, as long as you wear pants that actually fit instead of wearing 6 size too small, barely at your hips. Fat guys that have issues with concealment almost always
    wear pants and a belt that are way too small.

Top Bottom