How many members are married & how long?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    I've been married to my wife for 12.5 yrs now. She has blessed me with 4 beautiful girls. My mom and dad just had their 49th ann. on mar. 24th. I just hope my wife will put up with me that long too!

turkeykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    lafayette
    My wife and I have been married 25 years last February she was 17 I was 19. We didn't have a clue what we were getting into but we both believed marriage is for life.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    15 yrs and counting. Dated for 4 yrs before we married. Just keeps getting better ! I keep asking her why she it doing this to herself but she hasent came up with a answer yet :D

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    Will be 38 years this June, 1st time for both.

"And now", as Paul Harvey would say, "the rest of the story"....

Our first date was 40 years ago this month. It was Saturday night, 15 March 1970, cast party for the spring musical, "Brigadoon" at the drama teacher's house. We arrived separately but spent the entire evening together. Apparently neither one of us believed the warning to Julius Ceasar, "Beware the ides of March." The next day, Sunday afternoon, I gave her a ring and asked her to "go steady." I was a sophomore and she was a senior in high school. Over the years I've said she married me young so she could raise me like she wanted me. After she graduated she went to work while I finished high school. We dated exclusively for 2 years and 2 months until 15 May 1972, shortly before I graduated, when I asked her to marry me. Being president of the drama club I had to come up with something memorable for the proposal. We had a friend who was a former Air Force pilot with a private pilot's license. I rented the plane and he took us up for a ride over our hometime. While we were up I suprised her and proposed. Over the years people have accused me of threatening to throw her out if she said NO! She did say yes, but I didn't have to threaten her. What I didn't know was that the pilot had told the local paper. When we landed a photographer and writer were there to document our engagement, whch was on the front page of the paper the next day! Ended up a little more dramtic than even I had planned. The pilot had also pre-arranged a signal with the writer that if he flashed the landing lights off and on they were to disapper, there was no happy story to write about or take pictures of. 1 year and 1 month later we were married, 15 June 1973.

Jokingly, I used to tell her when she turned 40 I was going to trade her in for a couple of 20 year olds. She reminded me I'm not wired for 220!

Seriously, we've had better and we've had worse. We've been richer, and we've been poorer. We've been sicker, and we've been healthier. But through it all we've learned to trust in Jesus. Our commitment to our faith and our belief that a person's word is his bond have led us to remain faithful to that pledge we made 37+ years ago, "'til death do us part."

Last edited:

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Jokingly, I used to tell her when she turned 40 I was going to trade her in for a couple of 20 year olds. She reminded me I'm not wired for 220!

My wife loved this. :)::yesway:
    I told her when she turned 45 thats why a gun is better than a women,
    You can always trade your old 45 in for a new 22. :D

Great to hear your story too thanks for sharing it with us.

Top Bottom