• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    The girlfriend works at Big League and I get 50% off or I go home to my mom and it only costs me a hug haha. But she can only buzz it short and I've been growing it out so lately its been about $10 after tip.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Gamez nailed it with this post. I get my hair cut in a barber shop because I am a man. The only other acceptable alternatives are doing it yourself or getting it done by your wife.

The barber shop is a dying breed; just like the American male. I will not shave my back. I will grow a beard. I will eat red meat.

The barber shop is a place where you will rarely find women. It is a fortress of awesome manly topics. Estrogen levels are low, if present at all. However, if you and a woman arrive at the same time, you'll get your arse reamed for not holding the door open for her. Just like it should be.

I paid 12 bucks for my last hair cut, neck shave (with a straight razor), beard trim and it was worth every penny. I may have left a tip, but my role model taught me that tips are between you, the person who earned it and God.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    10 for a haircut + 1 more for a shave too + tip = 15. Hot Rod's Monrovia Indiana. Where real barbers still use real razors and hot towels. Not to mention plenty of Mayberry talk with chainsaws littered around for sale. Worth every penny for that kind of experience.

duck1985

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Indianapolis- Broad Ripple
    Lee's Barbershop on 62nd in Indianapolis. $11 + tip. I try to go every 6 weeks. The owner still comes in and is the first one there and the last to leave. He says there's always time for a haircut.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Something like a dollar almost twenty years ago in basic training. The wife cuts my hair now. Having your wife cut your hair has its benefits, it's free and it's a great time to grab her boobies. The last part is the reason I could never go somewhere, you guys would see my name in the paper...

Total cost now? My life and my sanity. It's worth it.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Guessing, $50 per year. Shaving the noggin has its privileges

No way this is accurate if by shave you mean with a razor.

I've been shaving my head for around 6 years now, and it is EXPENSIVE! Pack of 4 decent blades cost like 16 bucks, decent shaving gel 4-6 bucks...

At 3-4 shaves a week the razors only last 2 weeks... and it all adds up.

I guess one could use really cheap razors and crappy gels, but I've experienced some sever razor burn and nicks by going cheap. So whats your secret?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I guess one could use really cheap razors and crappy gels, but I've experienced some sever razor burn and nicks by going cheap. So whats your secret?
    I use the same blade on my face for months at a time and NEVER use anything more than maybe a splash of water. After a few months the burn and bumpies stop (perhaps due to skin turning to leather?).

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    $30 for the trimmer a few years back. I usually have a flat top, but when I screw it up I go buzz.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I thought i posted in this thread already but i guess not....

I think the haircut with a warm neck shave is $11 bucks, maybe 12. I normally give him $15 to make it a nice even #.

Local barbershop that i've been going to for the last 15 yrs or so.

I've got clippers and will cut it myself sometimes in the summer when i keep it shorter.

Top Bottom