• How much experience do you have?

• Total voters

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Hmm, took a couple hunter ed. and firearms ed. classes as a teen and spent some time with the 4H shooting sports. I got into hunting with my dad, and have owned at least 1 firearm since I was 13. I shoot when I can, and have shot in a "competition" once. Also, like esrice, I'm a fan of twinkies.

I think my experience can be summed up in two words...

not enough

indycruzr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Indy Westside
    I'm not seeing a selection for me. I shoot some kind of match every weekend March thru November. Then practice at least once during the week, with some classes on the side.

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    Grew up shooting and hunting, 4 yrs U.S Army (81-86), 6 yrs FFL/Gun repair (88-94). Just been punching holes in pop cans and teaching several of my relatives the joys of shooting since then. Forgot one, assisted a certified NRA instructor with our local BSA shooting sports program for 2 years.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Well....42 yrs of nothing but guns and reloading.
    I was born with a gun in 1 hand, a beer in the other and a cigarrette in my mouth, and a foot in my a*s. The foot was from my father for smoking.

I was one that seems to be from the forgotten era. Where you respect your parents, work hard for what you own, and respect guns.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I shoot almost daily rifle and pistol and was a member of the college pistol club and riflery team. Competed then and did a little pistol competition. Took several classes years ago, including as part of the many years of martial arts training I've had. I've been to several rifle competitions and have spent the last few years learning all I could about long range precision shooting. I put in a 400 yard range and I have access to up to 1500 yards. EVentually I'll take my home range to 1000 yards.

I don't have time for pistol competition, but if I ever do get free time I'd like to do it again, and more rifle. I put several hundred rounds downrange a week and all of it is in drills or precision shooting.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I started shooting when i was about 4 years old, first gun at 6, first shotgun at 9, carried a Security Six around my Grand parents farm from about 10 on up. I have been shooting most of my life, i love it, and find it relaxing. I will not be starting my kids out as young as i started, but they are already being taught gun safety. I have taken a few courses over the years, and my 11 year old son and i took a pistol course last year. I don't get to shoot as much as i would like, but i am hoping to change that. I have wanted to own a MG since I was discharged from the Army, and i am waiting on the paperwork for my first one right now. I am hoping to go to a few shoots through this board.

Landon500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Anderson, In
    I shoot as much as I can but not nearly as much as I want to. I haven't taken any classes, but plan to take one this fall. Until then I'll use as much common sense as I can. I usually shoot with family or friends that help me along.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Grew up on guns my whole life. One of my uncles was a prominent professional gunsmith for over 30 years and become the county expert witness on firearms/ballistics. My other uncle had been competing for over 30 years. I went to countless courses from numerous organizations including the state, different clubs, various shooting organizations such as ATA, NRA, etc. I first shot a gun (12ga. and 9mm) at the age of 6. Started collecting and competing in trapshooting at the age of 10. Shooting has always been a passion of mine ever since I can remember, so naturally I went to serve in the Marines. Now I'm just another gun nut,who likes to maintain my training regimen.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Only been shooting for a few years, but trying to go every couple weeks. Had a few classes. The most memorable so far is the last range trip when my wife "schooled" me with her Taurus.....Ahem.:cool:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I've been to Camp Perry with the ISRPA twice. Back in the day I was at Atterbury (on base) every other weekend with the CIHPRS.

<<<< That's me at the 500yd line on KD-4 at Atterbury.

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    I grew up with rifles and handguns, then went into the Army as a military police right out of high school. After that I have not been able to shoot as much as i would like too.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    The poll is flawed. I shoot in National and all kinds of matches. I have attended all manner of pistol, shotgun, and rifle schools over the years.

I do not have a natural ability. I have learned something at every class.

Just because I shoot in National matches does not mean I am any good. You don't have to be "good" to shoot in a National match.

I urge all of you to take part in any training available to you. Even if it is from a crusty old guy like me.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Have never taken any formal classes. But Ive have been shooting for 20yrs now. although i would love to take a long range rifle shooting class sometime, and a entry level pistol class

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom