• How much experience do you have?

• Total voters

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have been shooting since I was 10, (now 55), I spent 26 years in the US Military, 4 AD USMC, 22 INARNG, I shot at the range every year, qualified, Marksman, Sharpshooter, and expert... Try to shoot often, not as often as I would like ..... Sometimes, I shoot for "FUN" and sometimes, I REALLY practice .....

JCAJR30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Union County
    Grew up on a farm, hunting with neighbors and occasionally my Dad and his brothers. Dad was a Marine and taught me safety but never focused on style or technique. I joined the Marines in 1988 and refined my skills, mainly recognizing that there is a science to shooting - shot expert with both the M16A1 and the M1911A1 at Parris Island. Fast forward 23 years, just last week, I shot expert with the M9 at Camp Atterbury as a member of the Army National Guard. Aside from that, I target shoot from time to time - but my main purpose is CC for protection.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I grew up around guns. I shot with my grandpa, dad, and uncles when I was younger, then for a good 10 years, nothing. When I turned 18 I bought my own, and all of a sudden we started shooting again.

So, I shoot regularly. No formal training or classes, but I have learned a lot from my grandpa and uncles, and even more from my dad (military for 25 years). I'm hoping to do an Appleseed sometime this year, and I really want to compete at some point.

Lilmagnum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    I have been shooting all my life. First learned as a kid. Also worked for sheriff dept. I am an NRA certified instructor . Shoot no less that 200 rnds per week.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Dad was a police officer. He taught me to shoot a rifle when i was 8 years old. We would go out every couple of weeks and practice. Later, he taught me pistol and muzzle loaders. We shot in local black powder matches when I was in my teens.

Joined the USAF at 18 and shot expert in basic. Ended up doing 6 years of AD and 25 years in the Air Force Reserve. Kept my quals up and was expert in both rifle and pistol. Have shot informal competitions with our Security Forces members and other guys from Grissom, in preparation for deployments.

Later got certified as an NRA rifle and pistol instructor. Taught 4H shooting sports for 14 years. Have been to one Appleseed shoot and plan on doing it again soon. I shoot at least once a month and consider myself a student who is always learning.

Tandor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Chesterton
    Shooting since I was 7, bb & 22's, Didn't seen many firearms in the Navy 86-90. Bought first handgun in 91. Only hunting class back in 79 (highschool). But now I think I have 7 handguns, 4 shotguns and 2 semi auto rifles (sks & ar-15) I shoot a lot with my friends, 3000 rds in a year maybe. 47 now and just bought a Dillon 550, learning to reload...yea yea it's about time!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom