• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    The logic of matching turrets to reticle is unassailable, and having them mismatched is IMO absolutely unforgivable. Understandable given some tradition and stubbornness, but not forgivable.

Most mil-mil optics have 0.1 Mil turrets. That's 0.34 MOA. Most MOA optics are going to be 1/4 mil turrets (although some specialized target scopes from Sightron and such are 1/8th MOA).

If you have experience at all with metric and prefer to think in decimals, I would strongly recommend Mil-mil. The real appeal of MOA is that it's close to an inch at 100y, so it's a convenient intuition. And the typical turret adjustments are a bit finer than a mil-mil turret.

But if you can intuit 1cm at 100m, then even this "advantage" of MOA is moot. For reference, 0.1 mil is a centimeter at 100m. And a mil is 10cm at at 100m. My rifles and skills don't hold 1cm at 100m, so 0.1 mil turrets are PLENTY fine of an adjustment.

I have the advantage of having started on MIL from the beginning and being pretty comfortable with metric, so I have no transition curve to overcome moving from MOA. That's not a small obstacle for many shooters with extensive MOA experience.

Top Bottom