Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I believe this belongs here:
    8gdTq7e.jpg

Badges....:D

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    haha, that movie was on TCM this past weekend. One of my all-time favorites.

Oh, and I did start outlining a new book; "Let's go raiding: A workbook for when TSHTF" ;) A half tongue in cheek story about a group of raiders, with a lessons learned at then end of each chapter.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    ....how do we divide the spoils?

If (when?) we do get to a true SHTF nightmare in this country, the above would be the #1 reason that we would all figure out very quickly that collaborations don't work. "Neither a borrower nor lender be" would be stretched to include pillaging for yourself, by yourself. For interactions with those around you, bartering would become the new norm (as it was 200 years ago.)

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Funny, I was just thinking the other day...

Im surprised that there hasnt been any thefts of the ammo depots where the government has been hoarding ammo.
    That got me to thinking, if the SdidHTF, maybe some would think it wise to have some targets. Fuel, ammo, fire power, grain. I hope they would never steal from good people, but the Govt hoarding ammo? Maybe some would.

Beardown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Southern Indy
    Thats why it's all about preparation. If you're prepared for SHTF scenarios, you don't need to raid and pillage. But if you're a procrastinator like me, I just keep thinking, well if I have enough ammo, I should be able to get everything else I need :)

Glock22c

SHEEPDOG
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    N.E. IN
    NOT AT ALL what I was expecting to be reading! lol

glad I found this thread!!!

on a serious note:

if you dont think that already established gangs will be doing this exact same thing...wake up

and that is not even considering the other raiding parties that will form

cause its gonna be our womenfolk they are trying to rape!

on a not so serious side of this:

if I was to be forming a raiding party these are the things I would make sure were in my group:

pyromaniac: because fighting a burning enemy running out of a building is so much easier
    lock pick set and someone who can use it: because sneaking in and taking an enemy by surprise is almost as easy as shooting them when they are running out of a burning buildng
    weak minded but strong backed young men: easy to control and useful in the front line

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can be in the force covering the withdrawal. :yesway:
    11. Like with all adventures from your base of operations, post up overwatch.

11a. Maintain comms with OW at all times. If comms with OW goes down, GTFO.

12. If the only/easiest path to the resources you intend to raid included obstacles like razor wire/thorn bushes, bring a thick blanket/tarp to cover them during traversal.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You all need to go up a few threads to Longbows posting of...wait for it......How to defeat a raiding party and learn their strategy's. Then we can all come back here and plot their demise.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You all need to go up a few threads to Longbows posting of...wait for it......How to defeat a raiding party and learn their strategy's. Then we can all come back here and plot their demise.

Are you telling us that you would cheat and bring hedge clippers for my barberry bushes? :D

Top Bottom