• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm going to vote for raccoons. That's what it has been here whenever that happens. If I find them all empty in the morning, I start taking them down before dark and putting them back out in the morning.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Thought I was going to lose an eye yesterday. I was staining a deck and the little guy got all upity with me! I'm deaf as a stone but I could hear him just fine! Right in my face all flared up.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    White County.
    We've had rubies and now a black chinned female a couple days ago.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Downtown Noblesville: Finally got a young one hitting the feeder regular. Hoping to find the nest. Couple years back one nested just off our front porch.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    99 percent of the time I have only one at a time, my two feeders are about 10ft apart. Ive been timing them and I have a visit about every 4 minutes no matter what time of the day I am out there. I wonder how many different birds are visiting, my eyes can't tell one from another. I did have one that was very different in color buzz through a couple of days ago, it was very dark in color almost black.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    my herd is back....going through a gallon a day...

Dang, you've got heck of a herd! How many feeders do you have out?

We finally had a couple show up a couple of weeks ago, just had one feeder out. Now we've got at least 6, probably more, and 3 feeders! I put the feeders at least 20' apart,and there is still plenty of chasing and scraping going on!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    4 feeders....this is a vid from a couple years ago and we still have just as many....

[video=youtube;zNjIZPubD8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNjIZPubD8A[/video]

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    What's the trick to bringing them in? I just put a feeder out a week ago and haven't seen any. I haven't been watching it a lot, but I'd have thought I'd have seen one by now. I know they are in our area. Last year I had one trapped in my garage and had to help it out.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What's the trick to bringing them in? I just put a feeder out a week ago and haven't seen any. I haven't been watching it a lot, but I'd have thought I'd have seen one by now. I know they are in our area. Last year I had one trapped in my garage and had to help it out.

Have you tried dressing like a hummingbird and flapping your arms really fast near the feeder? ;)

414FmW0ob9L._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    They are not shy here at all. I see them all over, but I have tons of flowers in my yard and five feeders out. I've had them fly up to me and try to feed off of my shirt when I've had bright colors on. Hubby has them trying to feed from his red cap. My yard is a bit of a zoo with the birds, turkey, deer, coons, squirrels, fox, skunk, etc. They all find something good to eat when they come to visit.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    they are tough little birds....they stay right out there when it is raining hard.....i don't know why they don't get driven to the ground...

Top Bottom