• ...and so much more!
  • olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    Hope all is well olhorseman
    Thank you for the concern. We are safely in our daughter's house in Jacksonville. We will probably be here for 3-4 weeks minimum. We won't be able to get into our property until next weekend to start the clean-up. Water will have been in the house for about 12 days by the time it recedes enough. I am preparing for the insurance battle I know is coming.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    Just to stop Ingo from worrying, yes all my guns are safe. The babies were all moved to upper levels of house and garage. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to move the ammo upstairs. I put the ammo on top of my work benches and almost all of it will be underwater.

After all is back to normal I'll start disaasembling the ammo and save the components. Of course normal is probably 2 years away.

Anyone know where I can get bulk discounts on bullet extractors?:):

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Ugh, man. Saw my former town of Lumberton back on the news last week. They got nailed two years ago when Matthew stalled and flooded everything. Deja vu all over again.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    We are able to get back to our property yesterday by boat. Waterline in garage measured 68 inches. Waterline was 1 1/2 feet below rafters in second garage. In the cabin the waterline was about 4 1/2 feet above floor. Kitchen island, refrigerator, freezer, and furniture all toppled over and strewn about. Well house and pressure tank missing and presumably down river.

Now begins the recovery; need electrical lines repaired, 3 electrical panels replaced (all underwater), electrical repairs inspected, power restored, well rebuilt and inspected, & clean up and repair of the living quarters of the garage.

As soon as the above is complete we will move into the garage living quarters and proceed with whatever we are going to do with the cabin.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We are able to get back to our property yesterday by boat. Waterline in garage measured 68 inches. Waterline was 1 1/2 feet below rafters in second garage. In the cabin the waterline was about 4 1/2 feet above floor. Kitchen island, refrigerator, freezer, and furniture all toppled over and strewn about. Well house and pressure tank missing and presumably down river.

Now begins the recovery; need electrical lines repaired, 3 electrical panels replaced (all underwater), electrical repairs inspected, power restored, well rebuilt and inspected, & clean up and repair of the living quarters of the garage.

As soon as the above is complete we will move into the garage living quarters and proceed with whatever we are going to do with the cabin.
    Sorry to hear, but it sounds like you had taken care to move the valuables to higher ground and the stuff you mentioned can be replaced. Now's your chance to install a super secret hideout.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Good luck to you. Sad it happened, but you did what you could. Good luck on the rebuild!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom