• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    “Now you can argue I didn’t need to be standing in waist-deep water. I could have stood on the road with the camera crew,” Cooper said. “But again, I didn’t want to be roaming around on the highway interfering with rescue vehicles in any way."

So your camera crew standing in the highway interfering with rescue vehicles is different?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    “Now you can argue I didn’t need to be standing in waist-deep water. I could have stood on the road with the camera crew,” Cooper said. “But again, I didn’t want to be roaming around on the highway interfering with rescue vehicles in any way."

So your camera crew standing in the highway interfering with rescue vehicles is different?

Well, it's hard for him to come up with a lie that stands the test of logic, right off the top of his head.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This photo of our place was taken yesterday by the local fire department. The water is 3 feet higher today and almost crested.

Man that sucks.
    This was exactly my though.

How was he lying?

Lying is probably the wrong word. He's catching flack because of the inference that the water was waist deep everywhere instead of being transparent and pointing out that on the road water is a little deep but if you take a few steps this way it gets a lot deeper. It's as if the imagery of him being waist deep makes it more of a tragedy than just reporting from the road and showing buildings and cars underwater wasn't enough pizzazz to get viewers emotionally involved.

Then there's his silly statement about not wanting to stand on the highway and interfere with emergency and rescue vehicles.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Then there's his silly statement about not wanting to stand on the highway and interfere with emergency and rescue vehicles.

Had he been transparent about it he could have illustrated how dangerous walking or driving in flood water can be. Had someone about the same height stood on the road in shallower water and him in the deeper we could have seen that .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    Current river level near our property is at 25.5 feet which is 15.5 over flood level and 9.5 feet over major flood level. If I was standing in my garage (I'm 6'2") the water would now be about a foot over my head.
    Our neighbor, who is a local fireman, told us that it hasn't been released to the media yet, but an entire family was found drowned after being trapped in their house somewhere near us.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    Anyplace without an exit is a death trap. Not just true for hurricanes.
    We haven't had an update but they may have been trapped in by fallen trees. Without power they may have not known how fast the waters were rising. The river level rose at a rate of 1/2 to 1 foot an hour. They could have gone to bed with no water around and woke up to 4 to 8 feet of water.
    This flooding was unprecedented and totally unexpected. Our property went from dry land with little rain on Saturday morning to 6 feet underwater by Tuesday noon.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We haven't had an update but they may have been trapped in by fallen trees. Without power they may have not known how fast the waters were rising. The river level rose at a rate of 1/2 to 1 foot an hour. They could have gone to bed with no water around and woke up to 4 to 8 feet of water.
    This flooding was unprecedented and totally unexpected. Our property went from dry land with little rain on Saturday morning to 6 feet underwater by Tuesday noon.

I apologize if it sounded like I was placing blame.

Top Bottom