• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Idiots who do not evacuate per the orders of local or state governments should not expect and do not deserve to have first responders risk their own lives to save these a$$ holes. Let the responders do search and recover after the whole mess is well over and done.

Red Cross is currently setting up shelters for Evacuation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Every time I see pictures of big houses lined up on the beach, I wonder what home owners insurance must be for those folks.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Status unchanged for me. Man, it looks like a suckfest for NC.

Yoga, then I unpacked and re-packed my kit (added emergency money from one of the safes), check my service e-mail, no word for us yet.

Busy day tomorrow but I'll have the staff call the courts and prosecutors that I may be absent later this week or next.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Every time I see pictures of big houses lined up on the beach, I wonder what home owners insurance must be for those folks.

I wonder if they might actually be safer than a house in amongst a bunch of trees (like suburban). Less debris to cause damage. They say it's not the wind, it's what's in the wind. Now they'd get the brunt of any storm surge, but if they're on pilings they might ride it out.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Lots of family and friends in the Hampton Roads area of VA and NE North Carolina, most sticking it out, but most will also admit this storm makes them nervous.

Growing up along the east coast, I've been through many hurricanes, it becomes a way of life out there. You prep for them, and wait to see what happens; that's the good thing about tropical storms/hurricanes... plenty of prep time. Plus if you live in areas prone to those storms you should be mostly prepared anyways.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My nephew's house is near Camp LeJeune. His wife and kids left for Florida this morning where they will be out of harm's way. He has the house boarded up and plans to stay. I'm not sure if he is able to leave since he is active duty.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I hope that doesn't include yoga pants!:laugh:

Dude, this is Lafayette, Indiana, not Lafayette, California.

I wear Champion athletic shorts (with pockets).

61Ps70YLbvL._UX425_.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I think Kirk started it. In addition to his JAG duties he’s the yoga meditation master for his unit.

Kirk is just a squad body unless he is told to go somewhere and teach.

Just happy to help however I can. I make a great victim during disaster drills. No one can go horizontal and "bleed" like me. Maybe next time I'll get a speaking role, "oh, my arm, it hurts, ouch!".:D

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    My nephew's house is near Camp LeJeune. His wife and kids left for Florida this morning where they will be out of harm's way. He has the house boarded up and plans to stay. I'm not sure if he is able to leave since he is active duty.

I guess LeJeune isn’t mandatory evac but...

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Had lunch with my grandson today. He is home on leave from the Coast Guard station at Point Judith, RI. His actual assignment is Small Boat Station Block Island but the Block Island station is already closed for the season. Both of them are "small boat stations" which means their big boats are 45'. Looks like the hurricane may not hit there but they'll get serious weather depending on what happens when it comes ashore. May be mostly over before he has to report back.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    We live 30 miles north of Wilmington and 40 miles from coast. It looks like we could be in the direct path. We are going to ride this storm out but have done extensive prep. All windows are boarded uo with 5/8 plywood and everything outside has been stored away. Two generators ready to go with 55 gallons of gas at ready and a 3rd backup generator. We have two wells on the property and one of them with has a hand pump.
    Daughter's family live in Surf City and are only 3 - 4 miles from coast and really in danger. They are evacuating either to here or farther away depending on the path of the storm.
    We live near the N.E. Cape Fear river and flood waters got to within 50 feet of the house in 2016 after hurricane Mathew. We have had no rain for the past 3 weeks so right now I don't think we have flooding as bad as Mathew.
    We went out tonight and are suprised that we are the only house that has boarded up. I may have over prepped but I'll take that over under prepared anyday.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Hurricane's cancelled, y'all....

[video=youtube;ZRP193-6Zak]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRP193-6Zak[/video]
    :):

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Have a brother in Winston-Salem and he is waiting it out. Had to run down to Jeffersonville,IN today and saw a lot of electrical contractors bucket trucks heading south on RT65.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Have a brother in Winston-Salem and he is waiting it out. Had to run down to Jeffersonville,IN today and saw a lot of electrical contractors bucket trucks heading south on RT65.

Can we stop heaping “first responder” hero praise on these guys? They make triple rate a lot of times and are profit driven. It’s capitalism. Do we cheer the stores for being open at midnight on black Friday?

and we need to abolish the “anti price gouging” laws in these areas. It assures empty shelves

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-for-hurricane-payday-adventure-idUSKCN1BK0PP

Top Bottom