Hypothetical Question. You can own one firearm only. What would it be????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    This...

There is an ammo type for any situation, and could even be consealed if absolutely necessary.

3 shots from the hip, at 25 yards, without aiming via front bead...

Last edited:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Hypothetical question. New law is passed. In exchange for NFA being repealed, you can only have one firearm.......
    This again? Only one? Bzzzt! No deal.
    OK. It's only hypothetical.

What would you choose and why???

Me??? A select fire SBR (10"-12") M4 with a can. Inexpensive ammo, can take anything up to deer sized critters, good for self defence. Adjustable stock and removal of the can leaves you a fairly light weight, small, compact weapon. Can reach out to 400-500 yards to reach out and touch someone.

What's your choice???
    Similar to your choice, and for the same reasons. Except it would be a select-fire M16 SPR in something more like a Mk12 Mod1 configuration. (longer barrel and sight radius)
    H&K G3 and select-fire AK47 will also do nicely, and I'll keep them in reserve in case someone finds out I "cheated" on the "exchange" and got more than one firearm <gasp> and decides to try to come and take 'em. :)

Guns are just hand tools or golf clubs. Am I living in say rural Decatur County, or downtown Indianapolis? What's my sit-ee-a-shun?
    Either way, you'll need something big enough to take down a charging rhino. :):

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Only one gun because the government wants all of the rest...but no limit on what it might be. Well, in this particular land of lunacy I guess mine would have to be an LGM-30 Minuteman III with a 500Kt warhead.

If not allowed missiles maybe a Ma Deuce with every last penny spent on ammo.
    :biggun:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    In a more reasonable world where I could only have one for some other reason than tyranny, maybe an M2 Carbine. Selective fire, 357Mag+ performance, small and light package. It may not defend long range but around the house, in the woods, out to 300yds it would be just fine; and that selective fire switch means I could be out of loaded magazines in no time flat.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Only one gun? That is sick. I don't know, maybe my 44mag. I have three. The 4" would be best for all around. Then the 8 3/8 would be the best for long range.

Also a shotgun could work. It can do the 100 yards with slugs in a rifled barrel then a smooth barrel for small game and birds.

If we are allowed to have more than one barrel. I could pick out the best lower I have and keep all the uppers I have, 5.56, 6mmx45 and 6.5 Grendel (The one I am building now). Add a 45 upper and I would be good to go. Still it would be only one gun according to the government. No, I can't do this one gun thing. Just to many toys to play with.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    All I'd need would be this. I'd just aim for the ear canal.
    116266_02_nickel_22lr_derringer_640.jpg

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    A tank.

Just st an operational tank.

Dont need any self defense, who messes with a guy in a tank? Don't need to hunt in a shtf situation, people will be offering you food and stuff for a ride in your tank.

You just can't go wrong with a tank.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I would have to say something versatile enough for carry and home defense. As others have said, not the optimal situation, but probably a large-capacity handgun like my CZ 75b Omega.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    People who are choosing non-NFA guns are missing the point of the exercise here.

For me:
    SCAR 17, select fire, SBR, with a can on the end.

Top Bottom