Hypothetical Question. You can own one firearm only. What would it be????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Interesting game that has me kind of debating...

For a handgun, it would be a Cajun-tuned CZ 75B, S&W NM 66-8 Combat Magnum, or S&W 686-6 Plus 3". I could easily make a case to pick any one of these over the others.

If I had to pick a long gun, that's easier... Henry Big Boy Steel in .357.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    Ruger MKIII 22/45, Suppressed. Small enough to conceal under a coat, quiet enough and accurate enough to hunt small game with, adequate for defensive purposes. Carry lots and lots of rounds.

Last edited:

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I guess to me that's like saying that you can have any car in the world and price isn't a factor and then you still choose a Ford Pinto.

No, that would be choosing a horribly unreliable crappy car.

686 is a well made reliable very versatile gun.

If you offered me any car in the world price not a factor, I'd be hard pressed not to take a very well equipped HD pickup over an S class Benz.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    M2-HB! Muhahahaha!
    Okay, that's a bit crazy, but how about a USGI M-14?
    With the selector over in semiauto mode, still perfectly good for deer and regular shooting; and with the selector over in the "fun" position...well...

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Depending on whether I had access to unlimited ammo or not and whether I am in the city or in the country?

If I'm in the country and have access to unlimited ammo...definitely a Springfield SOCOM 16 in .308!

If I'm in the city and have access to unlimited ammo...definitely a Springfield SOCOM 16 in .308!

If conceal-ability is an issue and have access to unlimited ammo...probably a Glock 29 10mm???

So many 'if's' in these sorts of questions!

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    It seems to me the key here is versatility. If you can have only one then it has to be good for personal defense, hunting, and killing "zombies". It would also have to be durable and either have plentiful ammo and/or reloading supplies. I would probably grab my Mossberg 590A. I would be really tempted to go with an M4 or a good AK though.

I don't currently have one, but an over/under .22/410 or .22/20 would not be a bad choice either. Too bad no one makes a "big boy" version of that -- a .308/12 would be interesting.

EDIT: Great minds think alike, PistolBob! :)

EDIT #2: I guess they do make bigger versions. CZ used to make one, and here is one from Blazer: http://www.blaser-usa.com/index.php?id=56&L=1

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The question is not a pleasant one to consider. But if I could only choose one, it would be an AR-10 (7.62x51mm NATO). Could use that for just about any deer or elk size critter, lighter bullet for something smaller, no problem for 2 legged predators. Long range capable.

Top Bottom