• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I carry the G43 in a pocket holster while in my jammies. It's quite the compromise, but 8 rounds should likely get me to the nearby G19 or G34/x300.

I also have frequently confirmed where the 147gr HST's hit at 40-50 yards, from my hands.

J Frame is a jammy gun. Anything else is just weird.

All kidding aside I find the G43 a little to large for a pocket. Plus I much prefer the gun on the belt. Although pocket carry and yard work seem to mix well.

I have been avoiding the G43 out of principle, Walther gave me the PPS and Smith gave me the Shield. I will keep the G42 and the Walther and the Shield and the J Frame out of spite. Someday I might cave but today is not that day.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm known to carry the P3AT only to the store on days like this. Extra mag in my change pocket. Light carry that conceals easily and even IF I'm outgunned I'm a sneaky bastard when need be.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Pshh. I AIWB’ed a Glock 17 all weekend. I’m a man’s man.

And THIS Ginger fries in the heat.

AIWB? You won’t be a man’s man for long. You will shoot your junk off.

Eh. My junk needs trimming anyway.

I have it on good authority that shopping around for the cheapest vasectomy may not be the best decision. There are just some things where paying for experience is advisable.

:scared::wrongdoor:

Oh, and pocket carrying a G43 is less difficult when you buy the correct size in cargos vs skinny jeans...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Forgive me Ingo for I have sinned. I wanted to wear shorts today, so I couldnt ankle carry my shield 9mm like usual, and the shorts I wanted were too tight for IWB, so I pocket carried an LCP custom in my brown leather pocket holster. I feel your pain.

Why can't you OC with an ankle holster? If anyone noticed they'd think it was a LoJack. I say go for it!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have it on good authority that shopping around for the cheapest vasectomy may not be the best decision. There are just some things where paying for experience is advisable.

If I wasn't the one to tell you this, I can certainly confirm it.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yesterday (Fathers Day) my kids, dogs, and grandkids were over, and I got great cards, a household tool set in a case with all the stuff in it I cannot find when I need it around the house, two hundred rounds of 9mm Winchester white box, as ammo makes the perfect fathers day gift, and etc, etc,.
    Now I am waiting for the wife and kids to say, "lets all take old dad out to dinner" right?
    Wrong, "Hey Dad go get some Pizza", so a trip to Fishers Papa Johns on Allisonville road is in my future, wearing Cargo shorts and a T, I grab my keys, sandles, Detroit Tigers ball cap, and head out, sticking a G-43 in a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster in one pocket, and a spare mag, in a same company, same type, spare mag pouch, in the other pocket.
    Good to go, picked up the Pizza, went across the street to Speedway for my 79 cent 44 oz wild cherry freeze.
    Get in line, one cashier, in front of me is a gentleman wanting directions, not buying anything, he strikes up a conversation with the cashier while my freeze starts to melt in my left hand.
    Cashier cannot help him, but gets her jeweled phone out to Google it................still waiting, now we into hey baby flirting between the two and my left hand is getting slowly frostbit.
    My other hand is in my pocket holding my G-43, just in case..............finally cashier asks the lost to step aside to get my 84 cents.
    Gentleman steps behind ne, crap so much for safety as I swipe my card having to let go my G-43 grip to do so.

Anyway it all worked out, Pizza, family, slurpee, what a life in sunny central Indiana.
    However, I got home and got to thinking, I should have grabbed the G-27.
    The results of course would have been the same, but I just felt I should have taken the .40.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yesterday (Fathers Day) my kids, dogs, and grandkids were over, and I got great cards, a household tool set in a case with all the stuff in it I cannot find when I need it around the house, two hundred rounds of 9mm Winchester white box, as ammo makes the perfect fathers day gift, and etc, etc,.
    Now I am waiting for the wife and kids to say, "lets all take old dad out to dinner" right?
    Wrong, "Hey Dad go get some Pizza", so a trip to Fishers Papa Johns on Allisonville road is in my future, wearing Cargo shorts and a T, I grab my keys, sandles, Detroit Tigers ball cap, and head out, sticking a G-43 in a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster in one pocket, and a spare mag, in a same company, same type, spare mag pouch, in the other pocket.
    Good to go, picked up the Pizza, went across the street to Speedway for my 79 cent 44 oz wild cherry freeze.
    Get in line, one cashier, in front of me is a gentleman wanting directions, not buying anything, he strikes up a conversation with the cashier while my freeze starts to melt in my left hand.
    Cashier cannot help him, but gets her jeweled phone out to Google it................still waiting, now we into hey baby flirting between the two and my left hand is getting slowly frostbit.
    My other hand is in my pocket holding my G-43, just in case..............finally cashier asks the lost to step aside to get my 84 cents.
    Gentleman steps behind ne, crap so much for safety as I swipe my card having to let go my G-43 grip to do so.

Anyway it all worked out, Pizza, family, slurpee, what a life in sunny central Indiana.
    However, I got home and got to thinking, I should have grabbed the G-27.
    The results of course would have been the same, but I just felt I should have taken the .40.
    Wait, WUT? Who picks up Papa Johns? The ONLY reason they sell ANY “pizza” is because they bring it to you?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Wait, WUT? Who picks up Papa Johns? The ONLY reason they sell ANY “pizza” is because they bring it to you?

I pickup Papa Johns all the time. Wife orders online and I pick it up plus they run specials for pickup and online orders. Faster then waiting for it to be delivered.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Well, I don't feel "under-armed" while carrying my G42. I would not want to stop a .380 ACP round.

I don't want to stop anything going faster than a spit wad. Any gun can kill...or not. Hard to fathom sometimes.

[h=3]MARK HUNTER COATES[/h]Corporal Mark Coates was shot and killed after stopping a car for weaving in traffic on I-95 near the Georgia border.

During the traffic stop the subject began to struggle with Corporal Coates and they both fell to the ground. The man fired a .22 caliber handgun into Corporal Coates' chest, but the round was stopped by his vest.

Corporal Coates was able to force the man off of him and return fire, striking the him five times in the chest with his .357 caliber revolver. As he retreated for cover and to radio for backup, the man fired another shot. The round struck Trooper Coates in the left armpit and traveled into his heart.

The man survived the incident and was sentenced to life in prison.

Corporal Coates was a U.S. Marine Corps veteran and had served with the South Carolina Highway patrol for five years. He was survived by his wife, two sons, two step-daughters, parents, sister and brother.

Top Bottom