• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I carry a Glock 43 all the time at home. When I leave, I usually have two. Also carry my gen 1 Glock 17 a fair amount. After over 2500 rounds a piece out of the 43’s, I am very confident with them. I spent sometime yesterday shooting a gen 5 17, that a coworker won at a conference. It runs well minus a trigger that drags on the trigger guard.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I just don't bother getting armed while playing in the garage. I spend enough time upside down or doing something filthy that I just don't want to be inconvenienced by carrying some extra weight....even if it isn't much at all.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I am also guilty of carrying only a .380 often in the summer

Isn't it a fact that crime is actually higher in the summer? Something to ponder.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The best way to avoid the temptation of carrying only a .380 is not own a .380.

I bought 2. The first one, an LCP, was simply to show people how crappy little .380s really are. It is a miserable piece of ....... Then the G42 followed me home because I wife was looking for something smaller then her Kimber. Dang if those two didn’t meet in my safe and a third one showed up a couple of weeks ago. Wife saw the front of American Rifleman and said this looks interesting, buy one so I can shoot it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I just don't bother getting armed while playing in the garage. I spend enough time upside down or doing something filthy that I just don't want to be inconvenienced by carrying some extra weight....even if it isn't much at all.

No way I am hanging out in the garage or mowing grass without a snub in my pocket or small 9mm on my hip. The G42 is just an experiment. I am to old, fat and married to do anything really. This is as close as I get to living dangerously.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    What kind of draw times do you guys have from the pocket?

Obviously slower then from the belt but that would depend on the pocket, pants, holster. Truth is I am not a big fan of pocket carry. A real gun on the belt with an open cover garment or untucked shirt is the fastest presentation. Small gun, tucked shirt, pocket or other deeper concealment is slower. Always a trade off between speed, power, size, comfort and concealment.

One advantage of a pocket or purse is that a person might be able to put their hand on the gun prior to the need to draw. Lot of what ifs.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Pizza was good, having a houseful of family "Priceless", but situational awareness sets in when you are standing there (anywhere) wondering "if" you have the wrong Glock in your pocket.
    A G-42/43 holds 6/7/8 depending on your .380-9mm magazine, your Glock 26/27 at least 10/12 9mm or .40.
    Again its a moot point, but for pocket carry I say go with Gusto, which in my case "should" have been a G-27 with BORII 2A, holster, and standard 15 rd magazine in opposite pocket as a spare.
    God those wild cherry slushy/freeze/slurpies are so good.

BW3 Wing night tonight, Wild, x tra wet, takeout with you guessed it Wild Cherry "freezy" from Speedway station at SR37 & 141st st...................I'll be that guy in the camo cargo's and Detroit Tigers B Ball cap with the G-27 in his pocket!

Top Bottom