• KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    It's actually an Eco-9.

Very fun firearm, just need the form 1 to come back and for Sig to release the 8" keymod rails.

And for the Eotech refund check, then to make my mind up on a MRO or T-2
    I'm waiting on a Eotech refund check, or replacement also. Ive got a Eotech on mine now, but it seems huge. Needs an Aimpoint Micro.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I'm waiting on a Eotech refund check, or replacement also. Ive got a Eotech on mine now, but it seems huge. Needs an Aimpoint Micro.

I went from an Aimpiont CompM2 (which was fine but looked disproportional) to the XPS2 (which was IMO MAX that could look right), to the Vortex Sparc as a temporary optic before the MRO or T-2. Just keep leaning towards the Micro lately, might get a MRO later but would have no clue what to stick it on.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I see some for sale are "key mod" and some aren't. I'm not familiar with the key mod rail. Which is preferable and why?

Also, looking around at Sig folding braces, there seem to be two different models (at least they have 2 different UPCs and the prices are about $10 apart). Anybody know what's what with the differences?

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    I see some for sale are "key mod" and some aren't. I'm not familiar with the key mod rail. Which is preferable and why?

Also, looking around at Sig folding braces, there seem to be two different models (at least they have 2 different UPCs and the prices are about $10 apart). Anybody know what's what with the differences?

Key mod = gen 2 mpx. This has numerous small tweaks to fix issues and can do caliber conversions. Gen 1 owners will be given the ability to upgrade to a gen 2 upper later this year for the cost of a barrel conversion

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Key mod = gen 2 mpx. This has numerous small tweaks to fix issues and can do caliber conversions. Gen 1 owners will be given the ability to upgrade to a gen 2 upper later this year for the cost of a barrel conversion

Thanks for the info. It looks like the gen 1's are still for sale, new. Does that sound right?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Yeah keymod signifies Gen 2 MPX, the ambi charging handle is a little help, but it's more of a Gen 1.5.

I just want a keymod cause I like the look, they show their HK style VFG for keymod, and it's more light/easier to see on the barrel for when I engrave the barrel once the form 1 comes back

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I called sig a few weeks ago and asked about ordering their vfg. I was told that they have no plans to sell them any time soon.

HOWEVER!... :D

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I called sig a few weeks ago and asked about ordering their vfg. I was told that they have no plans to sell them any time soon.

HOWEVER!... :D

I've thought about buying a MP5 forearm and doing some chopping, filling, grinding, etc. and making one. Just be nice if Sig does just make one. They show it in their 2016 catalog, bunch of teases

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    One of the joys of life -- when you get that shipping tracking number.

image_zpshtderbdp.jpeg

Just sayin'.

Top Bottom