I can't believe it finally happened.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Congratulations! I remember when we first moved from a 1/10th acre lot to our 23 acres. It seemed so huge at the time. It's funny that now it doesn't seem big enough. :D

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    There is a creek across the road and it runs through the small parcel I'm hoping I might be able to buy at some point. It's on a brand new septic system and an updated well (whatever that means). The house was taken down to the skeleton and completely rebuilt. New electrical, plumbing, floors, drywall, cabinets, appliances, siding, roof, etc.. The heat pump is the oldest part of the house aside from the frame and it's 3 years old.

I'm going to introduce myself to the neighbor to the north of me and feel him out as far as a range goes. I'll have one, make no mistake about it but I'm going to try to do it without creating any bad blood if at all possible.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    There is a creek across the road and it runs through the small parcel I'm hoping I might be able to buy at some point. It's on a brand new septic system and an updated well (whatever that means). The house was taken down to the skeleton and completely rebuilt. New electrical, plumbing, floors, drywall, cabinets, appliances, siding, roof, etc.. The heat pump is the oldest part of the house aside from the frame and it's 3 years old.

I'm going to introduce myself to the neighbor to the north of me and feel him out as far as a range goes. I'll have one, make no mistake about it but I'm going to try to do it without creating any bad blood if at all possible.
    Which direction did you go from the city? If you are my way, there are some private ranges I can point you to until you get yours set up.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

I'm not familiar with codes out here but out west even if the house burned down, if there was like 1/3 of the original wall still standing (I think) you could rebuild using the original old codes. But only if you rebuilt and protected that salvaged wall and kept it standing. Something weird like that. It kept guys from having to totally update everything to the latest codes. Even still using the 5 gallon flush toilets that actually worked every time.

Congrads. Just don't watch that Tom Hanks movie "The Money Pit" for at least 5 years or so.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Which direction did you go from the city? If you are my way, there are some private ranges I can point you to until you get yours set up.

We went north of Indy, NE Hamilton County. My daughter is still in school and we didn't want to move her so our options were pretty limited.

I still spend 40 hours a week at a range but I appreciate it!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Congratulations Phylo, there's nothing like having some land.

A good investment as they aren't making any more of it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Congratulations Phylo. Plant the fruit trees close to the house.. Easier to whack the fruit stealing squirrels if you can shoot 'em from the porch chair.

Lol, you haven't met my wife. The squirrels will have names and they'd have heated condos for the winter if I didn't put my foot down about the electricity.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I can't wait to get some martin houses and bat houses put up and see if we can cram the property with as many bug eating critters as possible.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'd like to hear about rural internet options from those who have experience. Fortunately we do have a solid Verizon 4g LTE signal at the house but we'll need something more I suspect.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    jealous1.gif

:):

Congratulations! :)

Top Bottom