I can't believe Time put Greta on the cover when they could've had Joe Rwamirama

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I’m heavily bothered by this Greta stuff. Shes reading a script and her parents are no doubt benefiting off their child.

she should be treated just like any other mentally stunted 16 year old being exploited due to age and illness.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can’t believe our favorite climate Nazi wants to kill people?

Putting people “against a wall” means the same exact thing in all languages!

Thunberg has been listening to climate scientists since she was eight years old. Stunned by the apparent indifference of adults and consumed by concerns about the future, she later fell into a deep depression.

It's important to note that Thunberg has Asperger's syndrome, an autism spectrum disorder often characterized by social awkwardness, difficulty interpreting social cues, and an obsessive preoccupation with a particular interest.

As Thunberg told The Guardian:"I overthink. Some people can just let things go, but I can't, especially if there’s something that worries me or makes me sad."

In school, videos of starving polar bears and pollution reduced her to tears. She soon stopped going to school and even stopped eating. She started by convincing her parents to become more climate-conscious.

She bombarded them with graphs, and got them to watch documentaries and read books. As she puts it: Little by little, that strategy worked. Thunberg's mother, a popular opera singer, ultimately quit traveling by plane and her father became a vegetarian.

BTW

Her parents are fruit bats

https://www.foxnews.com/world/greta...all-break-global-activism-time-person-of-year
    She didn’t say she wants to kill people. That’s ridiculous. Stick with reason. There’s still plenty of reasonable things to complain about concerning Greta. That one may be delicious, but it’s bull****.

You don’t line people up for the firing squad, if you you intend for them to then go do their jobs. C’mon man. Language isn’t that hard. Watch the video of the entirety of what she said. It’s not long. The context makes it clear. She’s talking about holding them accountable. And the following excerpt of her apology makes it clear. Holding them accountable is consistent and makes sense with the context.

[FONT=&quot]Yesterday I said we must hold our leaders accountable and unfortunately said 'put them against the wall.’ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]That's Swenglish: 'att ställa någon mot väggen' (to put someone against the wall) means to hold someone accountable.
    [/FONT]

Also, as I said. There’s plenty of legitimate things to criticize about the phenomenon of Greta. We don’t need to make **** up and claim she’s saying things she didn’t say.[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    She didn’t say she wants to kill people. That’s ridiculous. Stick with reason. There’s still plenty of reasonable things to complain about concerning Greta. That one may be delicious, but it’s bull****.

You don’t line people up for the firing squad, if you you intend for them to then go do their jobs. C’mon man. Language isn’t that hard. Watch the video of the entirety of what she said. It’s not long. The context makes it clear. She’s talking about holding them accountable. And the following excerpt of her apology makes it clear. Holding them accountable is consistent and makes sense with the context.

[FONT=&amp]Yesterday I said we must hold our leaders accountable and unfortunately said 'put them against the wall.’ [/FONT][FONT=&amp]That's Swenglish: 'att ställa någon mot väggen' (to put someone against the wall) means to hold someone accountable.
    [/FONT]

Also, as I said. There’s plenty of legitimate things to criticize about the phenomenon of Greta. We don’t need to make **** up and claim she’s saying things she didn’t say.[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

I know you are right. But still can't help being a bit entertained at the leftists getting a dose of the type of weaponized misinformation that they are so fond of using. And it's not like a non-insignificant number of leftists wouldn't be just fine with lining people who disagree with them up against the wall in the traditional sense of the phrase.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So this condition and her age are being staged up by those pushing this agenda. That's what sets me on fire.

Yes. I’ll say this though, having that discussion with a very lefty relatives is interesting. Suggesting that people are using her as a political mascot/puppet (I didn’t use those exact words, but meant the same thing) is quite Triggering. Apparently. It’s interesting that if you point out that she has Aspergers Syndrome, while pointing out the left’s exploitation of her, that is quite triggering as well. But it’s okay for her to bring up Greta’s mental status when she accuses right leaning people of bullying Greta because of her mental illness.

Bonus Trigger. Tell lefties that Greta was unhinged during her UN speech. OMG. Fireworks. We’re all supposed to be in awe of her great wisdom, otherwise we’re picking on retarded people. She, of course, didn’t actually say the r-word. She said the politically correct term. Fun times.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think she is out for you Jamil!

Your gonna get a plastic straw in the neck from the Nordic climate mafia!

Plastic? Nah. It’ll probably be some new material made from pressing balsa wood shavings mixed with whale **** and tree sap, heated to just below flashpoint, then cooled in Nordic fiords in winter. After hardening, they manufacture straws and sporks from the material. They say you get used to the aftertaste.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I’m heavily bothered by this Greta stuff. Shes reading a script and her parents are no doubt benefiting off their child.

she should be treated just like any other mentally stunted 16 year old being exploited due to age and illness.

Youre absolutely correct. I could never use my child to make money or get attention, her pos parents are using her to push their political agendas. Even sadder is the left politicians are willing to extort her also. Our countries morals have all but disappeared since the Clinton/Lewinski scandal. Now politicians no longer care whats right or wrong as long as they benefit or push an agenda. It’s only going to get worse.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Youre absolutely correct. I could never use my child to make money or get attention, her pos parents are using her to push their political agendas. Even sadder is the left politicians are willing to extort her also. Our countries morals have all but disappeared since the Clinton/Lewinski scandal. Now politicians no longer care whats right or wrong as long as they benefit or push an agenda. It’s only going to get worse.

The story is that it was Greta’s politics, and she got her parents to conform. Not sure how much of that is true, or how to account for the obvious the outside influence.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes. I’ll say this though, having that discussion with a very lefty relatives is interesting. Suggesting that people are using her as a political mascot/puppet (I didn’t use those exact words, but meant the same thing) is quite Triggering. Apparently. It’s interesting that if you point out that she has Aspergers Syndrome, while pointing out the left’s exploitation of her, that is quite triggering as well. But it’s okay for her to bring up Greta’s mental status when she accuses right leaning people of bullying Greta because of her mental illness.

Bonus Trigger. Tell lefties that Greta was unhinged during her UN speech. OMG. Fireworks. We’re all supposed to be in awe of her great wisdom, otherwise we’re picking on retarded people. She, of course, didn’t actually say the r-word. She said the politically correct term. Fun times.

I seriously doubt I will have the opportunity as my lefty relatives will no longer speak to me (Dads side). They got tired of being beat up in conversation by bludgeoning them with fact figure and "TRUTH" to the point of near boiling point. That was way too much fun and so easy to do.

And I could give 2 craps about ever sharing air with that pack of idiots again. No serious loss.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

[FONT=&amp]Yesterday I said we must hold our leaders accountable and unfortunately said 'put them against the wall.’ [/FONT][FONT=&amp]That's Swenglish: 'att ställa någon mot väggen' (to put someone against the wall) means to hold someone accountable.
    [/FONT]

Also, as I said. There’s plenty of legitimate things to criticize about the phenomenon of Greta. We don’t need to make **** up and claim she’s saying things she didn’t say.[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Exactly. We hear all the time here on INGO that we have to "hold our representatives' feet to the fire". Does anyone really take that literally?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The story is that it was Greta’s politics, and she got her parents to conform. Not sure how much of that is true, or how to account for the obvious the outside influence.

If that’s true that explains a lot about the left. Who the hell takes political advice from a child, let alone let’s them define your beliefs?!

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am telling you the Nordic climate change Vikings are training a fleet of sea turtles !

I heard on Alex Jones they intend to ride them across the Atlantic in order to attack our plastic straw factories.
    That’s what the real “boogaloo” is all about.

Doggy Daddy is all fun and games till Greta literally “holds your feet to the fire” then you will be like Brad was right!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I am telling you the Nordic climate change Vikings are training a fleet of sea turtles !

I heard on Alex Jones they intend to ride them across the Atlantic in order to attack our plastic straw factories.
    That’s what the real “boogaloo” is all about.

Doggy Daddy is all fun and games till Greta literally “holds your feet to the fire” then you will be like Brad was right!

Now I'm picturing a flotilla of Nordic climate change Vikings riding sea turtles with this blaring in the background. :):

[video=youtube;Mkp8ZdQ9SqI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkp8ZdQ9SqI[/video]

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It wasn't a Peace Prize, it was the Time's "Person of the Year"

She's not real. These aren't her ideas, or speeches, or doing, or initiatives. She's a mascot, that's it.

I nominate the Rep Nazis for Time's person of the year

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GPIA7R again."

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Time cover or not, for the president to throw shade at a 16 year old is pretty petty. It is well known the girl is on the autism spectrum, so while her views might be open to criticism, IMO, her person is not. Trump's Beta male jealousy seemed to make him forget he was commenting on a child.

I honestly couldn't care less that she is 16 or that she is on the spectrum. She is intentionally attempting to influence American culture and politics, and as such her ideology, her words, her behavior and actions, and her hypocrisy are all fair game for criticism.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I honestly couldn't care less that she is 16 or that she is on the spectrum. She is intentionally attempting to influence American culture and politics, and as such her ideology, her words, her behavior and actions, and her hypocrisy are all fair game for criticism.

Truth. But remember......CTDS is a real issue.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Add to it that the leftists are using her as their climate sock-puppet. There simply must be a whole shadow organization behind her else a simple 16 yo would not have been able to set up this "non-carbon" trip to the UN from Sweden. believing she's just a simple, sweet 16er is quite simply silly.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

So that justifies insulting a teenage girl? If you want to attack her on her outlook on climate change, fine, take her to task on that. But if you're going to personally attack her for something unrelated, and silent on the real reason you have issue with her, then that person is a petty beta.

Top Bottom