• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    So sorry for your devasting loss. Grief can be a confusing/complicated process. It's easy to say, but don't over think this particular situation you are dealing with. Take it one day at a time. Go with your gut feelings. And remember, there are others that need you. Prayers to you and your family.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I am so sorry for your loss. I can kinda relate to this. I lost my parents and grandparents within 3 years. Actually within 2 days away from being 3 years to the day. I stopped carrying also. The ol lady had no clue how to help me or even deal with me. It wasn't till about 2 years later I was almost involved in an accident on the road. A friend was driving. When I saw the other car coming right towards me, I smiled. My friend was able to avoid the accident. And I went on home. After walking into the house and seeing the ol lady, kids and the family pet. Lives that depend on me, then it scared me. I realized that I had been laser focusing on what I lost over what I still had, and how important I was to others. It still took me some time to work some things out in my head. And even today I still struggle with it at times. Life still goes on, and everyday gets a little better and better. This is my story so I hope that you can find something in it to help.
    Dealing with some stuff right now myself and this gave me something to think about thank you

10mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2024
    Greencastle
    Sorry for your loss. No loss is ever simple or easy and I can't imagine what you're feeling. I don't have anything meaningful to add from everyone else, but know we're out here rooting for you and keeping you in prayer. Stay safe out there and do your best to keep your head in the right place.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Your wife was a beautiful lady. It takes a long time to sort through the feelings after such a loss. The advice above is spot on.

I took care of my Dad for the six months he was in hospice care. Stayed with him right to the end. Still think about him 11 years later.

May God bless you with peace during this time. I'm praying for you!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My condolences…

Sounds like you got the same advice upthread that I would have given. Prayers for God’s peace and comfort as you go through this time of mourning.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Thank you all for taking the time to respond. Many heartfelt thanks for the prayers, and my gratitude for the condolences and kind words.

I have already buried two babies and a sister. My wife lost most of her family - dad when she was a teen, mom, brother, sister -only one brother still on this ball of dirt. All four kids are grown and flown. 4 out of 5 grandkids are legal adults, the last is only 4 this year. The loss and grief has become familiar, although having my wife die is more painful than any of the others. I didn't think this was going to be part of my process, but maybe it is.

I really posted because I am confused on my attitude towards carrying again. I know the likelihood of actually needing a firearm for any reason is very small. I still have a fire extinguisher in all the buildings, and a spare tire on my truck. Heck, I even bought a helmet when I bought a motorcycle last week. The heartache upon hearing the family doctor office say they were changing my status from married to widowed was understandable to me. Other moments where the pain and loss came crashing in was something I was braced for, not prepared. I expect these to continue for some time.

Guess I am just overthinking and analyzing myself. I will make efforts to stop doing that.

I have a church I attend, and a group of men I hang out with from there. One real good friend, who was here the day my sweetie died. God has been kind and generous to me through all of this time of my life. If it wasn't for Him, I would be lost in so many ways.

Thank you all again for taking the time to show you care.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    My heart breaks for you. I'm sorry terribly sorry for you loss. Please take care of you and yours. If you find the days get too dark or life seems to hard please seek help. Please take care of yourself.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    All the advice is spot on. Lost my wife to cancer in 2007. She was only 47 years old and we had 3 daughters, 2 still in High School.

All said and done grieving is an amazing process. Like was said give yourself time. Do not be surprised and upset at your feelings. They change every few minutes but it is entirely normal.

Key takeaway is your are NOT crazy, it is normal for the process.

I would recommend finding a local Grief Share group . They helped me a lot.

Prayers and best wishes for you brother.

Don

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Sorry for your loss, as I have no other words that can ever come close to helping the pain you endure, praying for you, the Lord God will be your light in these days

Top Bottom