I guess the new USPSA rules are official now??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Personally, I get a kick out of how many rules it takes for grown people to shoot at cardboard.

But it does make you wonder what happened to make them create some of the rules or adjust the old rules.

I really think the RO's discretion should go away. But thats me.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Unless otherwise specified in the Written Stage Briefingany barriers, walls, vision barriers, barrels, snow-fence barriers and other constructs which are 5’9” tall or taller will be considered to go from ground to infinity. Unless otherwise specified in the stage briefing, any walls, vision barriers, barrels, snow-fence barriers and other constructs less than 5’9” tall will be considered to go from ground to height built. Any barrier under 5’9” tall that is to be considered as extending to infinity must be marked accordingly

Interesting choice of height. How tall is Jake?
    5'11

I should probably read this new rule book stuff
    I avoided all parts of the the discussion after there was a 45 minute conversation about "sitting in chair" vs "seated in chair"

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I can go one better. The pdf files should just be integrated into Practiscore. They'd have to issue an update with any changes, but that's not very frequent. You could just search the rules or view WSB from inside Practiscore. Really hoping that since the Nooks are finally getting kicked to curb we will see some more powerful functionality. iOS has no excuse.

Not a bad idea but you under estimate how much things get update or RM discretion happens. After working Nationals the rule book is useless. Things will be done as the RM says. Despite what is written. My faith in the USPSA system and rules is vastly shaken. What is the point of having a rule book if it is not followed.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    A 'shooting area' is defined as a surface inside shooting boxes,fault lines, walls, or any other barrier. Shooting boxes and faultlines must be fixed to the surface and may not be less than theminimum height required by rule 2.2.1.1. Shooting boxes and faultlines are considered to be part of the shooting area. Objectsoutside the shooting area, regardless of whether they contact theshooting box, fault lines, walls, or any other barrier, are not part ofthe shooting area, except as specified in 10.2.1.

Indoor matches are not impossible to be legal. Hard to spike stuff down to concrete.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    2.2.3.4 All such barriers are considered to represent a solid plane and areconsidered hard cover unless designated as soft cover (see 9.1.6).Shots cannot be fired though the barrier except at designatedshooting ports or other designated openings. Any hits that resultfrom full diameter shots fired through a barrier except through adesignated port or opening will not count for score and if a steeltarget is knocked down it will be considered REF and a reshoot willbe ordered. See 9.1.6.2

Having a bad stage, diid you shoot a no shoot. Just shoot a popper down through a wall and get a reshoot.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    10.5.5 Allowing the muzzle of a firearm to point at any part of any person’s body USPSA Competition Rules January 2019 63during a course of fire (i.e. sweeping). If the RO is swept, the Range Mastermust be called to determine if it was RO interference or a DQ.

How will the RM determine that? If the RO is beyond the 180 does it matter?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    2.2.1.5 Off-Limits Lines may be used to define an area of the range floorwhich has been declared off-limits. The written stage briefing mustidentify the presence and location of Off-Limits Lines (if any). Theoff-limits area must be clearly delineated with rope, caution tapeor other materials and must be at least 2 feet high and at least 2feet from any Fault Line or Shooting Box. Crossing an off-limits linewill result in a zero for the stage. Openings in off-limits lines areallowed for RO access only; competitors may not use the openingsto enter any off-limits areas or move through the course of fire in amanner not indicated by the off-limits lines. The lines are deemedto extend through the open areas.

WTF?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Quite a few changes for a sport that had nothing wrong between make ready and range is clear according to what our current President said while campaigning for office.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    10.5.5 Allowing the muzzle of a firearm to point at any part of any person’s body USPSA Competition Rules January 2019 63during a course of fire (i.e. sweeping). If the RO is swept, the Range Mastermust be called to determine if it was RO interference or a DQ.

How will the RM determine that? If the RO is beyond the 180 does it matter?

I think it will sort of be like quail hunting, if you get muzzled or even shot by somebody important then it is your fault for not knowing what the hunter and the birds would do. If it is nobody important then it is business as usual.

Top Bottom