I guess the new USPSA rules are official now??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Only thing I did was get the app. But you still have to be online to see the rules. WTF?

You can download the rules in the app or just download the PDF file from o their website as Adobe reader has better search feature compared to the USPSA app.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    After reading this thread
    I have decided that I'm not reading the updated rule book
    I just don't give a ****

The changes reminded me of the range mistress at nationals. Thinking about letting my membership lapse.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I think it will sort of be like quail hunting, if you get muzzled or even shot by somebody important then it is your fault for not knowing what the hunter and the birds would do. If it is nobody important then it is business as usual.

Sounds about right.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    so... have they removed the stippling limitations on the Production guns?

I saw they changed the rules so I can use the Apex but all I have right now is my EDC G19 that is pretty much stippled all over. 20190129_214813.jpg

Yeah, I bought a CZ Shadow 2 awhile back that I just didn't really care for. I guess once Glock... always Glock... so I have a new 34 on order from BTB, but it will be awhile before I can get it set up.

I've been chairbound with both knees jacked up and weigh more than I ever have, but need to come out and try a match so I can get my ass motivated to come out more often.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    As stated above I'm not reading the new rule book because I just don't give a ****.
    But seeing as how that stippling provides no competitive advantage whatsoever I'm going to bet that you still can't do it:rolleyes:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    so... have they removed the stippling limitations on the Production guns?

I saw they changed the rules so I can use the Apex but all I have right now is my EDC G19 that is pretty much stippled all over. View attachment 74235

As of today.

21.4 Grips

Grip modifications such as, but not limited to, undercutting/smoothing the trigger guard, adding or removing finger grooves, or adding stippling, grip tape, or checkering are allowed. Replacement grip panels are allowed provided they do not extend below the butt of the gun to form a make-shift magwell.

With the new 'no hard copy books so you can make rapid changes
    willy nilly' philosophy you might want to re-verify now and then :).

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I'm just wanting to play with my carry gun until I can get something else put together. If not, I'll wait.
    Just shoot a different division and do what you want.

I also know of a Carry gun match that does not have equipment rules.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    As of today.

21.4 Grips

Grip modifications such as, but not limited to, undercutting/smoothing the trigger guard, adding or removing finger grooves, or adding stippling, grip tape, or checkering are allowed. Replacement grip panels are allowed provided they do not extend below the butt of the gun to form a make-shift magwell.

With the new 'no hard copy books so you can make rapid changes
    willy nilly' philosophy you might want to re-verify now and then :).

actually that went into effect last year, while there was still a paper copy, but you would have had to print a separate copy of the rulings, updated divisions appendixes and carried them with you to stay current. Which obviously you didn’t or you would have known that was already approved.
    Now all you have to do is search the online book and not have to sort through all those loose pieces of paper.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    holy ****...there is an app now. I guess lots has changed since my last match in Mar, 2013.

I've been watching Jake's vids shooting Carry Optics, looks interesting.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    actually that went into effect last year, while there was still a paper copy, but you would have had to print a separate copy of the rulings, updated divisions appendixes and carried them with you to stay current. Which obviously you didn’t or you would have known that was already approved.
    Now all you have to do is search the online book and not have to sort through all those loose pieces of paper.

I was just trying to help the asker out by pointing him to the answer to his question.

Everybody always picks on me when I am being helpful and constructive.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Just shoot a different division and do what you want.

I also know of a Carry gun match that does not have equipment rules.

CCGM is a fun time and a chance to enjoy your actual Carry Gun. However, like any of the shooting sports that keep a score for vanity reasons, there must be rules. There is always something that I think could be different in all of the games that I play. Like I believe that reloading a semi automatic pistol after 6 rounds with one in the chamber will always be somewhat quicker that a revolver that is completely dry but that's just me. It is kind of like the combined scores in USPSA overall results in how can one rate a High Cap sub caliber PCC with electronic dot performance with a big bore revolver? That is why there are divisions. You can race equipment all you want or you can race your talent. You get to choose.
    Let's all be glad there are so many venues to play with our toys.
    The real message here is to show up and shoot and take away from the game your personal best.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I looked at ****ing thing
    And I'm more confused than ever
    Hickman I think you're fine because I can't find verbiage that states that you can't do it.
    Id just shoot you can always shoot limited if somebody *****es

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Accessing the rules improved by light years.
    Some of the clarifications potentially made things worse.

If I'm the RO and a line is being faulted the range master is going to be busy.
    That should have been fixed.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Getting back to the picture of hickmans glock.
    At some point in the past the stippling he has in front of the slide stop, where your left thumb is when you have a firing grip, was specifically not allowed in production
    I can't find that in the rules anymore and I haven't shot production since 2013 or 14
    It has probably changed.

Top Bottom