I guess the new USPSA rules are official now??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Instant replay soon? :)

It's not allowed officially
    But I saw it used at national's
    Those people do as they wish:rolleyes:

Getting back to the picture of hickmans glock.
    At some point in the past the stippling he has in front of the slide stop, where your left thumb is when you have a firing grip, was specifically not allowed in production
    I can't find that in the rules anymore and I haven't shot production since 2013 or 14
    It has probably changed.

There was a lot done in Feb of 2018 that actually covers this

Video
    https://uspsa.org/documents/minutes/20180209 16 video use in arbitration and field of play.pdf

Production discussion
    https://uspsa.org/documents/minutes/20180209 17 Production Division.pdf

That lead to Appendix D4 21.4 allowing grip modifications which include stippling etc
    and changing of smalls being allowed.

I have not read the new rulebook, actually I didn't read the last one either, I just learned how to look stuff up

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    There was a lot done in Feb of 2018 that actually covers this

Video
    https://uspsa.org/documents/minutes/20180209 16 video use in arbitration and field of play.pdf

Production discussion
    https://uspsa.org/documents/minutes/20180209 17 Production Division.pdf

That lead to Appendix D4 21.4 allowing grip modifications which include stippling etc
    and changing of smalls being allowed.

I have not read the new rulebook, actually I didn't read the last one either, I just learned how to look stuff up

Hey
    I tried to look it up
    Couldn't find it, assumed it wasn't a thing anymore.
    Reading your links I think I'm correct, still not sure though.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hey
    I tried to look it up
    Couldn't find it, assumed it wasn't a thing anymore.
    Reading your links I think I'm correct, still not sure though.
    you are correct, it used to not be allowed however with the change last year allowing grip modifications you can stipple there.
    You just can not add or remove material that creates a thumb rest or beavertail.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    you are correct, it used to not be allowed however with the change last year allowing grip modifications you can stipple there.
    You just can not add or remove material that creates a thumb rest or beavertail.

that's what I figured. I knew before when they started allowing it there was a picture that showed where.

The 19 will just be temp until a get a 34 built for Production or until I figure out how the hell Carry Optics works. It seems like open with plastic guns in 9mm?

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    that's what I figured. I knew before when they started allowing it there was a picture that showed where.

The 19 will just be temp until a get a 34 built for Production or until I figure out how the hell Carry Optics works. It seems like open with plastic guns in 9mm?
    More like production with full 140mm mags and a slide ride dot.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It was not allowed. Now it is allowed. It the big trend of stupid that is the problem not all of the specifics. The rules should keep things safe. The rules should keep the scoring consistent. So 99% are just dumb.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I just wish USPSA would post actual red lines. :xmad: This "change log" is a PITA to flip back and forth between the change log and rule book to read the changes in context.

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    So even after the RO says "stop," getting a squib rod and clearing the squib right there (as is often done since you usually need a rod to check for a squib anyway) now gets the shooter a DQ? Regardless whether they sweep themselves, etc?
    What if the RO clears it?
    -rvb

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Instant replay soon? :)

It's not allowed officially
    But I saw it used at national's
    Those people do as they wish:rolleyes:

Getting back to the picture of hickmans glock.
    At some point in the past the stippling he has in front of the slide stop, where your left thumb is when you have a firing grip, was specifically not allowed in production
    I can't find that in the rules anymore and I haven't shot production since 2013 or 14
    It has probably changed.

So even after the RO says "stop," getting a squib rod and clearing the squib right there (as is often done since you usually need a rod to check for a squib anyway) now gets the shooter a DQ? Regardless whether they sweep themselves, etc?
    What if the RO clears it?
    -rvb
    5.7.2.1 Attempting to clear a suspected “squib” is specifically prohibitedunder this provision whether the range officer has called stop ornot. Attempting to clear a squib during a course of fire isconsidered unsafe gun handling and will result in a disqualification(see 10.5.20).

Key words are during a course of fire, this is to keep a shooter from pulling a a rod out during a course of fire, clearing it and continuing on shooting.
    If an RO calls stop, ULSC, what happens next is not during the course of fire.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    5.7.2.1 Attempting to clear a suspected “squib” is specifically prohibitedunder this provision whether the range officer has called stop ornot. Attempting to clear a squib during a course of fire isconsidered unsafe gun handling and will result in a disqualification(see 10.5.20).

Key words are during a course of fire, this is to keep a shooter from pulling a a rod out during a course of fire, clearing it and continuing on shooting.
    If an RO calls stop, ULSC, what happens next is not during the course of fire.

"Range is Clear" is the end of the COF.

That command can't be given until the gun is put away. So clearing a squib between "stop" and "Range is clear" is a DQ by the new rule...

-rvb

Last edited:
    Top Bottom