• ...and so much more!
  • rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I had one last year where a woman hit my truck, tried to drive off. Then lied to her insurance company even though I had a police report. My only option was to pay for it myself and then sue her. She says since there was no damage to her vehicle it was no big deal.

So she admitted to doing it?

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My wife once hit a parked car in the parking lot while I was with her. It dented my quarter panel around the headlight, but only left a minor scratch on the other person's bumper. I did the right thing, and left a note with my info on their windshield. Got a call a couple hours later and offered to pay for it. Cost me $750, but I wouldn't have been able to live with myself just driving off.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I always parked a ways out when I had my hotrods. I learned early on that even that doesn't always work.

When leaving a store once on a windy day, I saw a few shopping carts heading out to the far end on the lot. This was back when they had stupid advertisements on the front of the carts and it acted just like a sail. I tried to get to one near me but couldn't catch up to it. Then I saw a car parked in the far, far corner of the parking lot where all these carts were congregating. It was like a magnet and they kept picking up speed and kept hitting it with such force it was hard to fathom. I raced my car out there to see if I could stop any more but really it was too late and the wind had died down a bit.
    I went inside with the car info to let them know but left all the carts around it to help protect it from other hits.

It was a clean, late 80s Porsche 911 Turbo coupe and it got peppered with dings that day. :crying:

So where you park is important but also, knowing where NOT to park.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    That metal is creased, and it's a small area, it's going to need a pro to get it back where it is supposed to be.

I doubt it is open from the back.

Printcraft is right. That's on the outside of a rounded corner.
    Took some good force to do that.
    It'll take somebody who's real good at body work to fix that.

Side note I also hate people a lot of the time. I've served with some doosies in the Army, but it was my ten years as a CO in a prison that cured me of liking or trusting people. Then you have all the crazy leftists these days...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It is interesting what different people cherish. I've got the family Bible, Grandpa's coping saw, my Harley-Davidson, and my Knight MK85 Muzzle Loader. When I buy a new truck, its just a wheelbarrow. All my other guns are tools, All my other tools are just tools. All my other rides are just rides. A dent like that on my brand new truck, and I would just put a band aid or funny sticker, or "Ouch" in permanent marker. Don't sweat the small stuff.....This too shall pass. Too bad the perp didn't own up to it though. Maybe they had insurance....then maybe they didn't.

I would like to throw my guess at a 2x4 that was a few feet longer than the bed of their truck. Maybe you can do some detective work and give a prize to the winner.

Trucks are a bit "expensive" though.
    And, whether I damaged someone's wrench, or car, I'd try my best to make it right.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I don't hate people...
    I sure don't care for the stupid, crazy, hateful things they do...

A PERSON (singular) can be a thinking, reasoning, compassionate, rational beings.

PEOPLE (plural) are stupid, panicking, irrational lemmings dangerous to themselves & everything in their path.

It took me many years to learn this,
    HATE only burns YOU up, the person that sets YOU off doesn't care (obviously).
    ...YOU CONTROL WHAT YOU WASTE TIME, EFFORT, EMOTION ON, ITS YOUR DECISION...

YOU choose to dwell on it and 'HATE', and that takes time from, and projects attitude onto people that don't deserve it, like your wife, kids, parents, co-workers, etc...
    The ones that LEAST deserve the projected feeling get the full load dumped on them...

As for the guy with the dent in his truck, I hope that's the worst thing that ever happens in your life...

-----------

The best thing about most people are their dogs

I saw a sign a while back, it said,
    "Be the person your dog thinks you are."

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't expend great energy to hate people, this simply served as a reminder. I'm about as slow to anger as anyone you're likely to encounter in any given month but I don't like inconsiderate *******s. I moved to the country to be away from as many as possible and my life has gotten much better since. The dent in my truck is far from the worse thing that's ever happened to me, it's simply something I can attribute to some inconsiderate ******* who decided they couldn't be bothered to take responsibility for their actions. I don't deserve it but I guess there's nothing better I could have spent $500 on.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    OR...

You *Could* chalk it up to general wear & tear on a material possession.
    It wasn't your dog or a child, and those of us that grew up in the country know "Stuff Happens".
    We have 'Farm Trucks' so the wife's 'Go to town' car doesn't get beat up,

I get made fun of because I drive older, armored vehicles.
    They are dirt cheap, I know they are going to take a beating on job sites, someone hits it and I catch them, the insurance settlement from them can pay for the vehicle initial cost (or more), and if I total it, I take my plates and go home, buy another one in a couple days.
    Just one way to handle it, not selling it as a home game...

One other thing,
    When they see armor made from 2"x4"x1/4" steel sticking out everywhere (the 'Mad Max' look) they avoid it like the plague!
    The stoned/drunken, soccer moms on cell phones, the idiot children in their imports have second thoughts about ramming into or pulling out in front of some 'Death Machine' that looks like it will slice through them and not slow down... ;)

I had a woman swing wide on her left turn, hit my old Grand Wagoneer in her rush to get into Walmart.
    She mashed her minivan to the firewall, completely totaling it.
    I had to go home, replace a headlight and ding a fender back out a little,
    AND, I got a $3,800 check from her insurance company....
    Seems a grill guard made of 1/4" wall square tubing is more than a match for a mini-van.
    I paid $1,200 for the truck, it's been hit 3 times, between $1,600 & $3,800 each time.

A deputy sheriff saw the mini-van accident, and the first question he had was asking if that was my ex-wife or something the way she drove into me!
    I found that TOO FUNNY! :)

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    OR...

You *Could* chalk it up to general wear & tear

Or....I could get justifiably pissed off when some ********** ****s up the $80,000 truck I waited 20 plus years to own.

As I stated in my post, people appreciate different things. This isn’t a piece of **** farm truck that I bought to beat the **** out of.

You’d do well to understand that not everyone shares the same values that you do. I’m a considerate, decent human being who is respectful of the the property belonging to others. I owe no apologies to anyone who doesn’t “get it”.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OR...

It wasn't your dog or a child, and those of us that grew up in the country know "Stuff Happens".

I get made fun of because I drive older, armored vehicles.
    They are dirt cheap, I know they are going to take a beating on job sites, someone hits it and I catch them, the insurance settlement from them can pay for the vehicle initial cost (or more), and if I total it, I take my plates and go home, buy another one in a couple days.
    Just one way to handle it, not selling it as a home game...

One other thing,
    When they see armor made from 2"x4"x1/4" steel sticking out everywhere (the 'Mad Max' look) they avoid it like the plague!
    The stoned/drunken, soccer moms on cell phones, the idiot children in their imports have second thoughts about ramming into or pulling out in front of some 'Death Machine' that looks like it will slice through them and not slow down... ;)

I had a woman swing wide on her left turn, hit my old Grand Wagoneer in her rush to get into Walmart.
    She mashed her minivan to the firewall, completely totaling it.
    I had to go home, replace a headlight and ding a fender back out a little,
    AND, I got a $3,800 check from her insurance company....
    Seems a grill guard made of 1/4" wall square tubing is more than a match for a mini-van.
    I paid $1,200 for the truck, it's been hit 3 times, between $1,600 & $3,800 each time.

A deputy sheriff saw the mini-van accident, and the first question he had was asking if that was my ex-wife or something the way she drove into me!
    I found that TOO FUNNY! :)

You have a some good advice and it's great that you don't care about vehicles. It's also good to respect what other people value and empathise with them. We all value different things, no need to tell people that they shouldn't value things because ______.

OP, if you haven't, have Allen at Diamond Collision look at it.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    OR...

iz8488.jpg

not-here-to-make-friends
    url
    url

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Or....I could get justifiably pissed off when some ********** ****s up the $80,000 truck I waited 20 plus years to own.

As I stated in my post, people appreciate different things. This isn’t a piece of **** farm truck that I bought to beat the **** out of.

You’d do well to understand that not everyone shares the same values that you do. I’m a considerate, decent human being who is respectful of the the property belonging to others. I owe no apologies to anyone who doesn’t “get it”.
    Gotta go with phylo. What i'm getting from his deserved rant IMO is this is'nt just about the vehicle it's more about the lack of character, respect and common decency on the part of a lot of people these days.

If i'm gonna drive a vehicle that i don't care if it gets beat to **** then i'm certainly not gonna spend $80k on it. Most likely the person that did this doesn't have the same respect for their own property let alone the property of others that have invested a great deal of money on something they've worked hard to obtain.

I would be just a bit peeved about it as well.

Top Bottom