• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Park well away from where others are parking was what I was told to do with new vehicles. Where you live that might invite a break in, but it's works for me in the smaller towns where I grew up. Especially with big trucks that take up more space between the lines than most compacts running around and seem to invite more dings as people try to see around them so they aren't looking AT them or they are trying to squeeze into a space.

Lots of folks are into lots of different things. Some people think of their cars or trucks simply as tools or a means of getting from point A to point B. Some people treat their firearms with great reverence. I am the opposite of both, for me firearms are tools and aside from a few I own which belonged to family members they are largely treated as such. I have been a fan of 4wd trucks since I was a kid and have wanted a diesel 4wd for the past 20 years and was finally able to buy one in November. Since purchasing it I have now had two separate M$@(#^@^#@ F@^$(@*!^#%$(@+!= A$!#@&!^@_*#^@!&! who have decided that it needed some dents in it but they couldn't be bothered to stick around and take responsibility for their actions. The first one was a minor dent to the bumper, not the end of the world as it didn't even scratch the paint. Then I find this one this morning after visiting Lowe's.

HzgM77Rh.jpg

I swear to my maker that if I could find the SOB who did it I would gladly go to jail for putting a very similar dent into their skull for them. I can't for the life of me understand why people have such a lack of character that they would do something like this and sneak off like a scumbag. I honestly would not lose a moment of sleep if I woke up tomorrow to find that 98% of the human beings on the planet had vanished overnight, never to be seen or heard from again.
    :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    That is such a weird location for the dent. The dent being circular makes me wonder what the heck it was that hit your truck. It looks what ever hit the truck missed the the bumper. Anyway, it sucks and people are *******s.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    2x4 sticking out of the trunk of a car or truck bed. Ant they backed into you.

I agree phylo, I am a vehicle guy. I take great pride in my truck and have no respect for scum bags.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I agree that people need to take responsibility, but, considering people will kill you for the slightest reason, I wonder if the person was afraid to say something. Don't get me wrong, I'm not justifying the jerks actions, but it happened to me.

I was picking my son up from his friend's house, and while I was waiting, someone parked on the street behind me. It was dark, and I didn't see the truck and backed into it. I went to the house, knocked on the door and an older gentleman opened the door. I tell him I'm sorry, but i backed into the truck parked in front of his house. All of a sudden, I hear, "I'll kill you, mother****er!" I look over his shoulder and see a guy struggling to get past his wife and mom while yelling that he's going to kill me. I'm thinking, "I'm going to have to shoot this guy because I was doing the right thing"! He finally calmed down, accepted my apology and my insurance information.

If it ever happens again, I'll do the right thing, but that will always be in my head.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Phylodog, take it down to AllenM at Diamond Collision in Avon. They will take great care if you and your truck. ONLY body shop I’ve ever used where I simply couldn’t find ANYTHING not to my 100% satisfaction. They’re PERFECTIONISTS! (No, I’m not on their payroll).

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    No disrespect intended, we stuff WAY too much money in race cars & drive them on the street, and ugly things have happened...

-----

We just got done in small claims court with a drunk at Lowe's that decided to ram a shopping cart into, then down the side of her car.
    Did I mention we run camers in our vehicles?
    She came out of the store just in time to see plastic from her side mirror fly, called police to get a report, then we had to chase them through the civil courts to get repaint & mirror fixed.

I can't keep but think about the guy that bought a brand new, decked out Jeep, had too much to drink and let his wife drive.
    Stone cold sober she backed into the only light pole in the parking lot leaving.
    He was so drunk he didn't know, and BLEW UP when he saw the damage a couple days later.

When I lived in town, the next door neighbor set up a traffic cone for his kid (5 or 6) to hit a baseball off of in the parking lot, and you guessed it, the kid hit a drive right into the quarter panel of his brand new truck.
    Wanted to blame everyone BUT himself...

I bought a (gently used) Cadillac ETC and parked it at a store, came out to find a bored 7-8 year old kid kicking the door of a broken down mini-van into the quarter panel, a whole row of dents in a vehicle that didn't have a ding on it before...
    The 'Parent' blamed me for buying a Cadillac. $2,400 in damage, since she was on welfare, judgment proof in court.

The neighbors bought a new, shiny truck and parked it at home.
    They raise goats.
    They come out to find dents in the door & bedside, call sheriff about vandalism, and while the deputy was there, the goat started plugging the other side of the truck... Sun/reflection being on the other side of the vehicle in the morning...
    The deputy came to my place since he was out that way and couldn't stop laughing since the guy couldn't stop talking about 'They' & 'Them' sneaking in to vandlize his new truck, while a goat headbutts it's reflection on the other side!

A coal mine owner drove up next to the heavy equipment shop doors, a HUGE end dump truck backing out crushed the nose of his brand new Cadillac to the ground. His car, his truck, his shop, his mine, and his problem for ignoring the no parking & heavy equipment has right of way signs, which he owned too... And HE wanted to fire someone, stomped around ranting & raving for 20 minutes...

------

I'm a firm believer in body armor, that's urban body armor, parking lots being as dangerous as off road or work sites these days.
    *Stuff* Happens. (I spell 'Stuff' differently when there isn't a filter ;) )
    Not that it would have helped the OP much, that's a hard spot to armor in a pickup...

Last edited:

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I feel your pain, I got my new Tahoe “keyed” twice on two different occasions, the second time I was able to get video of it and the person was convicted and put on probation with the stipulation that he pay restitution. The perp is on an “entitlement program”, so there is no way to attach his income, so I’ll never see a dime of the restitution. Yeah, I’m not overly fond of people either.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Everytime i see this bumped i keep hoping for a good update.
    Like serial parking lot hit and run driver hits VW beetle full of mexican ms13 gang members and dies in hail of boolets.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not to make excuses for the jerks out there but so far as that dent in the OP goes, it's entirely possible the person didn't even know s/he hit your truck. My neighbor backed right into my S-10 a number of years ago. I saw him do it and figured he'd stop to see what happened. He didn't. He started to drive off so I yelled at him. You should have seen his jaw drop when I pointed out how he caved in the side of my truck. He was driving an Expedition I think it was and he swore he never felt it. It wasn't like he was going to hit and run because he waved at me when he came out of his house, on the way to his truck. So he knew I was around.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Lots of folks are into lots of different things. Some people think of their cars or trucks simply as tools or a means of getting from point A to point B. Some people treat their firearms with great reverence. I am the opposite of both, for me firearms are tools and aside from a few I own which belonged to family members they are largely treated as such. I have been a fan of 4wd trucks since I was a kid and have wanted a diesel 4wd for the past 20 years and was finally able to buy one in November. Since purchasing it I have now had two separate M$@(#^@^#@ F@^$(@*!^#%$(@+!= A$!#@&!^@_*#^@!&! who have decided that it needed some dents in it but they couldn't be bothered to stick around and take responsibility for their actions. The first one was a minor dent to the bumper, not the end of the world as it didn't even scratch the paint. Then I find this one this morning after visiting Lowe's.

HzgM77Rh.jpg

I swear to my maker that if I could find the SOB who did it I would gladly go to jail for putting a very similar dent into their skull for them. I can't for the life of me understand why people have such a lack of character that they would do something like this and sneak off like a scumbag. I honestly would not lose a moment of sleep if I woke up tomorrow to find that 98% of the human beings on the planet had vanished overnight, never to be seen or heard from again.
    :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:
    Tell us how you really feel without holding back. That being said, I would blow a gasket too

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Meant to post this earlier but thought I had long ago deleted it. This is a real license plate on a car out in our parking lot at work, it is still in use as I saw it out there just a few days ago:

ih8pepl.jpg

Top Bottom